The Ocean's Blessing

The Ocean's Blessing

A Poem by Rick Puetter
"

Inspired by Sue’s poem “The Nature of Love” (http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/ladysue/607187/)

"

 

 

 

 

 

















This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. shownbyphotos.com © 2010 R2 Productions, LLC. This image has been modified from the original. The original image can be found at http://oceancity.shownbyphotos.com/20060724-ocean-city-beach0017-800.jpg-large.html.

 

 

  

The Ocean's Blessing

 

Inspired by Sue’s poem “The Nature of Love”

(http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/ladysue/607187/)

 

 

Her hungered eyes drank waters' blue

As waves did strain to meet her stride

And she, with yearning, welled bold forth

Embracing sea's warm, calming tide

 

How waters leapt, caressing legs

And wind rose wild to toss her hair

How she so wept to shed life’s woes

And sea, with blessings, answered prayer

 

And in that fluent benediction

Soul opened wide to meet ' sea's air

And cradled, cleansed by waves, rejoiced

To revel in this union rare

 

All anguished tears of life were dried

As ocean washed years' cares away

And to her core she was renewed

When sun did set upon the day

 

And smiling, turned she to the night

For always ocean will be there

Forever surge with pow'r of life

Serenity and peace to share

 

 

©2010 Richard Puetter

All rights reserved

© 2016 Rick Puetter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I got a very old school feel from this poem. It was like a modern take of Shakespearean language. I enjoyed it. The imagery, however, was what really blew me away with this piece. I'm always been a very straight forward type of writer but the personification that was added and clever description of the sea gave it a romantic feel. Overall, I really enjoyed this piece. I was always envious of people who could write with such vivid description. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your love of writing is so evident from all your poems, and even your profile. Hard to find people like you, so passionate about writing while holding down a demanding profession as well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You so beautiful written about something that I love the most, the ocean! So breathtaking, brillantly written. The imagerys was perfect!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazingly beautiful poem. The imagery and diction through was believable-- makes me miss the ocean! Definitely a wonderful piece you have here. You should consider submitting it for publication in some literary journal/magazine. There are plenty out there. Pick up a copy of the "Writers' Market: Poet's Market" if you haven't and check some contests/publishers out. I'm certain this piece would do well! Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Man this is really really technically done and a jewel at that i feel the melody as i read it it pours like wine



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ha-Ho,
Very nice poem. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.
Life and Light to you and yours!
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soothing as the sea's embrace

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've always thought of the sea as arms being wide, wide open, ready to fold a body into its calm or craziness, its movements similar to a mother rocking her baby. There have been times when I've walked the shore, feeling and hearing the ebb and flow and wanted sooo much to be part of it .. maybe the Cancerian me. And here you are inferring that in your poem, 'Forever surge with pow'r of life Serenity and peace to share'

Fine poetising .. wonderful emotion.




Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You present such vivid and gorgeous imagery, that I didn't want the poem to end! Incredibly impressive and strangely haunting. Fabulous work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You were very right in thinking that I would enjoy this, for I did... thoroughly. I love the imagery, so vivid and intense. The metaphors are beautiful and sweeping... truly a great work of art. I love your word choice, very rare and very distinct. My favorite was the second stanza, the water caressing her legs and the wind tossing her hair made the poem so much more overwhelming and the picture in my mind that much more detailed and beautified. I truly enjoyed reading this poem. Well done my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2853 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on December 2, 2016
Tags: sea, life, revival, restoration, relief, nature, communion, rebirth

Author

Rick Puetter
Rick Puetter

San Diego, CA



About
So what's the most important thing to say about myself? I guess the overarching aspect of my personality is that I am a scientist, an astrophysicist to be precise. Not that I am touting science.. more..

Writing