william howard taft

william howard taft

A Poem by ruth
"

americans should know american history

"

william howard taft

america’s great 27th president

and…

a giant flop.


theodore roosevelt thought he knew what he was doing when he gave his best friend, taft, the election position. he wanted to continue his own ideas without having to be the one in charge, but how wrong he was.

in the next election, they were no longer friends. roosevelt talked behind taft’s back about how his ideas were not correct and that he would change it for the better. the debate got so heated that taft and roosevelt faded away into nothingness. after the speech, a reporter looked for the taft. he found him sitting alone, his head in his hands. his eyes were filled with tears. "roosevelt was my closest friend," taft said.

in the end, the republicans chose taft over roosevelt but the americans chose woodrow wilson over taft. the debate was over. the election was over. the friendship was over. all for nothing. for a stupid little reason in which neither of them were triumphant.

© 2017 ruth


Author's Note

ruth
losing a friend

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, and as I recall, TR got shot during that campaign.

Posted 6 Years Ago


ruth

6 Years Ago

yes, i think you are correct!
Poor capitalization and structure. Don't forget to indent before every paragraph, after all this is a story not a poem.



Posted 6 Years Ago


ruth

6 Years Ago

thanks for that. i changed it to a poem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2017
Last Updated on November 17, 2017

Author

ruth
ruth

CA



About
no restrictions not much to expect just some ideas more..

Writing
Dear Grandpa... Dear Grandpa...

A Poem by ruth


death and life death and life

A Poem by ruth


gone gone

A Poem by ruth