The Wonderful Miracle Of Murder

The Wonderful Miracle Of Murder

A Story by A.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my face pale and my brown eyes darker than ever. There were no tears, no regret, just cold water mixing with the blood of my best friend and her boyfriend.

 

Alex, what did you make me do? Yes, we've got the money now and, most importantly, the drugs; but we are murderers, outlaws. Alex, I'm scared. With trembling hands I opened the door and entered the living room, not even trying to avert my eyes from two bodies covered in blood. And there he was, sitting on the sofa and smoking a cigarette like nothing happened, still clutching the knife in his right hand.

 

“Evelyn? Are you okay?” He asked with a puzzled look on his face. Am I okay? How can I be okay after all that we've done today?

 

“Yeah, I'm fine.” I answered, wiping the blood off the glass surface of the coffee table. And there it was, a little bag in Sandra's pocket, and he smiled as I used her credit card to make two long lines of heroin.

 

“They got what they asked for. They used us, we were their slaves, Evy!” He folded a 100 $ bill and gave it to me. I snorted the line and all I could see was his beautiful face, his deep blue eyes, his gorgeous cheekbones as he snorted his line... He was right, what we did was not a crime. They acted like they were our friends, but they were using us for their needs and hurting our feelings all the time...

 

Suddenly I felt something soft on my cheek. And then I realized that he was kissing my cheek, like he used to on Christmas or birthdays...

 

“All these years and I've never even properly kissed you.” He mumbled as his lips crashed with mine, his tongue slowly licking and teasing, and I found myself returning the kiss.

 

Yes, I used to love him. And I have come to a realization that I still love him.

 

This story will have a happy end, I knew that as I fell in his arms and sobbed silently.

© 2009 A.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this piece, although brief, was wonderful. It really had me interested from the beginning paragraph, and kept me reading eagerly as the second began. The story you have here, of a woman who just killed two people, her friend and her boyfriend has a twist. Eveyln didn't do it herself, but with Alex. Alex, who claims that they had it coming. That they had kept them as 'slaves.' Was this a true statement, or one of a madman? How will things turn out for these two murderers? And who actually the victim here?

Well, this write was good. The writing seemed to flow well, and your descriptions of emotions and scenery were not disappointing. I'm glad to have found this sad tale.


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 5, 2009

Author

A.
A.

Writing
Hypochondriac Hypochondriac

A Poem by A.


A New One A New One

A Poem by A.


Two Little Things Two Little Things

A Poem by A.