Hunger

Hunger

A Story by Ragin Cajun
"

Short Story

"

 

Hunger

           

The assassin looked on from behind the moss.  The thirst for blood overwhelming her, waiting for just the right moment to quench that thirst, she knows that she is taking a huge risk. She has been watching for days and has seen many of her counterparts annihilated by what has become their primary food source.

The target was there for the entire world to see. The sweet smell of the targets chewing tobacco drives the assassin crazy. She sees the potential attack area exposed on the target, and is ready to pounce. The wind blows, and growth of the oak trees disrupts her view, she is ready; she is going to make it, she is going to do what the others could not do. Blind with hunger and ready to eat she knows that she can’t take it all for herself.  There is just not enough time, the risk is too high, any more than a couple seconds and she will be like the others, just a memory of what once was.

A light rain begins to fall from the heavens, and the assassin’s anticipation is starting to get the best of her. She begins her mission and covers a multitude of hurdles on her way to the target. There was the moss of the trees, the rain drops, and the wind to account for. In full stealth mode she reaches a chair with old paint chips falling off of it. Still undetected by the target, her plan is coming together. Just a few more feet and she will fulfill the hunger she so desperately needs.

In a matter of seconds all her hopes and dreams of that sweet fulfillment will be hers, and she will retreat back into the safety of the mossy oaks or maybe even the tall monkey grass that surround the flower beds. She now knows it’s the time, and springs toward the target, landing right in the spot that she had wanted for so long. She sinks her straw into the sweet spot and begins her feeding. The assassin sees the redness from the poison she is releasing into the target as she feeds on its sweet hemoglobin to sustain her life for one more day.

The shadow cast overhead distracts the assassin for a split second and before she can make her hasty retreat she is but a small blood stain on the cuff of the targets shirt.

© 2013 Ragin Cajun


Author's Note

Ragin Cajun
Edited.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 23, 2013

Author

Ragin Cajun
Ragin Cajun

Lafayette, LA



About
Well I like to write. Its not always good, but thats what pushes me to get better. I'm hoping to one day be published. I don't really want fame I just want to entertain. I hope my writing does that fo.. more..

Writing
Paramour Paramour

A Poem by Ragin Cajun