There I Was.

There I Was.

A Story by Rute Santos

I was trying to remember the whole story and I just noticed that I know every kind of detail from every little part and when I talk about it I still feel all the emotions and feelings.

        Just a normal teenager, waiting for my life to have a big future and a big reason to be.

And he , more than an ordinary guy, a perfect kind of one.

        I saw him for the first time in a summer camp, it was really dark, it should be really late; after midnight because I remember that my trip took really long. I was visiting someone and he was the first person I saw, literally. 

        I walked into a room and I talked with the person I was visiting, I was inside for more than two hours but I don't remember a single thing she told me. When I left I remember looking to my right side and I saw someone eating a bowl of chocolates, I don't know who he was, but I like to think it was him, maybe because in that moment the stars were shinning so bright or maybe because my hands started shaking, I don't know but in that moment everything seemed to stop until someone called me and said it was time to go. I left. 

        I was driving home and I stopped the car near to a river, I was looking to the sky, and it was all dark, I have to say it was a little scary but I was enjoying that moment, everything seemed to be in someone's control.

        Days later, I kept thinking about him, I tried to figure out who he was, where he lived, where he used to be but I had nothing. I stopped caring about it, maybe it wasn't that good to think about.

        I moved on with my life, I met this guy from my college, he wasn't exactly what I wanted for my life but I was feeling so alone and he made me feel really worthy, so I decided to move forward with him.

        We weren't the kind of couple who were always kissing, hugging and all those cute things, I guess we were more like close friends but i didn't want to tell him that because I didn't want to hurt him and I was feeling special with him.

        We were together for almost a month and we decided to go out, it was so cold so we were having a cup of coffee at Starbucks; everything was going fine, we were having a good time and then, I turned my head and I saw him, I saw him, I saw the guy I tried not to think about, I saw the guy who made my world turn upside down.

        I think I kind of froze in that moment, and when things couldn't get any weirder, my date looked at him and said him "hi", I couldn't believe it, I didn't know what to do so I followed my date, I couldn't take my eyes of him, he was so spiritual, he made me believe everything was possible. He was with a girl; my date told me they knew each other from school when they we're younger and introduced me to the girl who was with him. I don't know why but I just didn't want to know if she was his girlfriend, I just couldn't stop looking at him, he was sending me a positive vibe, he was making me feel so full, so whole just by looking at him. He was completely out of normal; he was making me see the world in a completely different perspective. And I'm almost sure he was feeling the same way.

        And there we were, I was with my date, he was with his date, and we were looking at each other like there was no one else there. I kind of blacked out and I just came to reality when my date told me we should go. I went but in my heart the feeling was the same: I didn't want to go.

        I was so confused, I didn't know what to do, I was still dating but for some reason, I didn't want to be.

        A few days later, I heard that the guy broke up with the girl he was with when we met him at Starbucks.

         I felt like that was something to call me up, I needed to do something, let's be real, I didn't love my date, I couldn't stop thinking about that guy for so long, my date was already thinking that something was wrong with me, I needed to move on.

        And I did. I moved on. I told my date I didn't want to be with him. He completely understood, he knew it, I didn't treat him like a "boyfriend". And I started looking for that guy I didn’t know the name. Guess I don't have to tell you for how long, ok really long... years... and years... 

        Before I can close this story, I just wanted you to know that... I did found him. And there I was, in his arms, looking into his forest green eyes, content with the world and no worries on my mind.

© 2014 Rute Santos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was a good story. Sometime we must hope for a good ending. Can happen. I like the way you described the friendship and how you found a happy ending. We need good friends to give us balance. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.

Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rute Santos

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
This sounds more like a fairy tale than reality, but I suspect it's more real than it sounds. I never thought I would be glad about being so old. Going through all those emotional things younger folk have to go through is just too hard. It's a great piece of work though. You express your feeling quite well. A few errors here and there, but not too bad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rute Santos

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2014
Last Updated on February 15, 2014

Author

Rute Santos
Rute Santos

Portugal



About
Just trying to figure out what to do with life. Writing is my way to let my feelings and my thoughts be heard from someone. more..

Writing
Edward. Edward.

A Story by Rute Santos