Edward.

Edward.

A Story by Rute Santos

People usually say everything happens for a reason. Well, for me, reasons are the only thing we should do something for.

       In this story, every emotion, every feeling, every moment is remembered in a simple cup of coffee, on a table with some pink shiny roses and a fantastic view to the sea in a sunny morning.

       - Stop trying to make me laugh while I'm eating. - I told Edward. I should've told him I don't like when people do that.

       He laughed. The wind was rough. His curls were flying and they were going with movement of the waves.

       His guitar was next to us, and it kept remembering me his concert, I told him how great he was performing. Inside, I felt like it wasn't real, there were a million girls dying to be with him, and I was the one who was really doing it. I never saw myself as a crazy fan like the other girls, I was just someone who admires him and his band and I always tried not to be like the rest. Actually I wasn't looking to him as a famous person but as a very special one who I didn't deserve. I never felt like I've deserved anything or anyone in my life. I know I shouldn't because everyone needs to have their self-confidence in a high level to feel good and be successful, I just guess I wasn't.

       In only a few minutes, I felt like I've known Edward since forever.

       - Do you have any idea that we're not going to see each other anymore? I'm just here for today.

       - Yes... - He stopped talking but kept smiling. I felt like it was something I should not talk about.

       My cup was empty just like my heart before him and I was expecting him to say goodbye because I couldn't. I was looking at my feet because I was kind of shy, kind of ashamed of myself. In that moment, the other band members showed up, they greeted me and I tried to look normal.

       - Edward, can we go? We're going to practice tonight . It's actually a long trip.

        "So here's your goodbye". - I thought to myself.

       - Actually, I have something to do. Can I meet you guys later? -Edward told them.

       I don't know what the other guys said, I just don't remember, in that moment I stopped thinking and I stood there starring at his eyes wondering what was going on his mind.

       Those seconds felt like hours, I couldn't hear a word coming from his mouth. He was just looking at me, smiling and it felt so surreal. So I asked:

       - Tell me, what is going on your mind?

       When I was talking he stopped smiling but then smiled again and just said:

       - Don't worry. Come with me.

       He held his guitar and my hand and pushed me. I started running with him. In my mind everything was happening. Every question was breaking my mind. "What is he going to do?" I asked myself. I couldn't see anything around me, maybe because I was so nervous.

       He stopped next to his car:

       -You're here only for today, so I want to take the best part of it. - Edward said to me with is eyes sparkling.

       I smiled:

       - What are you thinking about? - I asked.

       He replied:

       - I have an idea but you have to trust me.

       I felt like Edward was mine since forever and I trusted him with my life. Don't ask me why because I don't know. I just did. He made me feel special.

       Someone was calling him, he answered the phone. His friends were telling him that the rehearsal was canceled.

       I was in the car and he was driving. We were listening to his album; he sang all the songs, twelve songs. The trip took exactly the time of all the songs. He stopped next to a deserted beach, really small, almost just the water hitting on a little bit of sand. He looked at me and told me to get out of the car. I did. He was looking at the sea, with the water in his feet. In that moment, I didn’t want to ask him what was happening because I didn't want to say goodbye to him, I wanted to be with him.  When I noticed, I was next to him, and he hugged me. 

       - I don't know what's going on but I just want to be with you. - Edward told me with his hands on mine.

       - So why can't we be? - I replied touching his face.

       - You're leaving today.

       - That's in like two hours.  - I asked.

       He smiled and run to his car. He came with a guitar. I knew that that was going to be a great day.

       We started singing, we danced, we played in the water, we smiled, we were happy.

Two hours later I looked at him with a strange face and he said:

       - That means it's time for you to go?

       I told him that it was. He didn't say a word. We went to his car. The trip was so quiet. There was no music, no talk, just us and our feelings.

       - The airport is here Edward. - I tried to say.

       He got out of the car, and so did I. We walked together. 

       - It's time for me to go. - I told him while my tears were all over my face.

       He held my hands: 

       - Don't ever forget you were mine. Everything happens for a reason. - He said goodbye.

       And I said goodbye too, for the first time.

 

© 2014 Rute Santos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on February 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 15, 2014

Author

Rute Santos
Rute Santos

Portugal



About
Just trying to figure out what to do with life. Writing is my way to let my feelings and my thoughts be heard from someone. more..

Writing