Apologies to my past

Apologies to my past

A Poem by mendedwords

Vividly reliving memories of that innocence I once possessed, the care free breaths that reached a depth I had not yet discovered. Grains of salt overrunning from small scale accomplishments, success must have been blurred between lines lined with premature thoughts.

The notion that life was at a stand still while I waited, and waited until loud vocals spilled out into the streets. Everything continues as it was yesterday, but lacking enthusiasm; lacking the kind of questions you allow God to answer.

Mine fields corrupted with seeds never swallowed, thoughts we never digested. Is it really impossible to paint portraits in the present with a paintbrush from past drawings?

© 2014 mendedwords


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think you painted a portrait here....and it sounds like it is from past memories...

the future...what kind of paint to paint it...i don't know of we will be able to get the colors to match...
i lack enthusiasm in looking to the future.

a profound write full of introspection.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A very deep and thought provoking write. Looking at the last line I would have to look at my own life and say "YES" it is possible. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


mendedwords

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. You correct because the past paves the way for tomorrow.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014
Tags: Nostalgia, past

Author

mendedwords
mendedwords

Vandalia, OH



About
I am a recent college grad who has developed a passion for writing over the past few years, my goal is to find out who I am as a writer and to one day have my poetry published. more..

Writing
Sugar Sugar

A Poem by mendedwords