Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by thiswritergirl12
"

The first chapter of 'Wildfire'

"

Chapter 1

   I pulled at the hem of my dress, and watched as a few more of my former school mates walked across the hand made wooden stage. My brother and I would be called momentarily. Taking in a deep breath, I stood and made my way to center stage. The principle gave me my diploma, and I gave the best smile I could possibly force to my face. Ryan was called directly after me.

   So this was it. I was now an official high school graduate. Everybody said this was supposed to be the best summer of my life. I so wished I could believe that. Parties, swimming, being adults, it was all the stuff and more that I was supposed to do this summer.

   But that wasn’t going to be my summer. Last week, my mother gave me and Ryan rather depressing news. We where to be going to our aunts house. Most people would call us lucky, because our aunt lives in Florida, right on the beach and only a few miles from Disney. And she has a huge house. But she doesn’t swim, never goes to the beach, and hasn’t even been to Disney in her life. Not to mention half of her house is filled with creepy looking antiques, and out of all the rooms she has, she’s still making me and Ryan share a room.

   I have been to my aunts before, and I had never really made big plans on going back. But I didn’t want to worry about that now. It was time for our party. Me and Ryan met up, and scanned the crowed for our parents. My mom wasn’t hard to find, because she was standing up with a huge smile on her face, waving at us. I just rolled my eyes and started to walk.

   “I can’t believe my babies are all grown up!” She squealed, taking Ryan and I into a big bear hug.

   “Yeah mom, we are.” I said, my voice muffled by her dress. Ryan just nodded, and fidgeted alittle.

   “Alright, well lets get out of here. We have a party to host!” She said excitedly. This time, I couldn’t help but really smile. This was probably going to be the highlight of my summer. My graduation party.



© 2010 thiswritergirl12


Author's Note

thiswritergirl12
Ignore grammer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very well written story. I like the plot and the main characters. The description was very good. This story had great possibilities with the additional chapters. A strong beginning.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 20, 2010


Author

thiswritergirl12
thiswritergirl12

MA



About
Hi! My names Ryleigh. Im a 12 year old girl, and I love to write. I live with my mom, my dog, and my two little sisters in the US. If you want to know more about me, just contact me!! more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by thiswritergirl12