Point of Origin

Point of Origin

A Chapter by Alysa Taladay
"

Where the creatures came from.

"

     It was a dark time when the Others came forth. They had become smarter, faster, and better than their forebears and cousins. When they died, their companions destroyed their remains. And they killed the old ones, their cousins, the ones who had been there for over one hundred million years. The new ones also had different skin, sometimes. They were the ones who survived when the meteor hit. They survived the famines, the changing climates, and the epidemics. They were ones who used the older ones’ bodies to benefit their own survival. Even though they fought amongst themselves, they eventually settled what few differences they had and survived.

     So the mezoi and cambos came to be, and dinosaurs and other lesser beasts, for the most part, died out. The mezoi helped the cambos survive, in hopes that they, too, could become intelligent. They hid when the homo sapiens came along, and slowly introduced themselves when they saw fit that the world could accept them.

     Scientists were entranced, and promised the mezoi greater advancement. The mezoi accepted immediately, but they were tricked. The humans feared them, and built computers that scanned entire cities for mezoi and cambo presence. Walls were built to control them and keep them from escaping. People were assigned to track down any who did. The creatures could not live without the humans, anymore. They could no longer return to their ancestral forests. They needed the cities and the doctors. Outside was not safe, anymore, they were told. Stories spread about a virus out there, or a toxin, or polluted air, and how they needed the doctors’ medicine to survive.

     As time went on, this is simply came to be how things were. The mezoi accepted it. The cambos didn’t notice and didn’t care. Even those who worked with the control systems didn’t mind it. They didn’t know they were being controlled. Every one of them had been tricked, and the humans, too. Fear had written the laws, and the government had many secrets.



© 2011 Alysa Taladay


Author's Note

Alysa Taladay
Omg cliche alert! Forgive me, I could not resist putting it like that. It was as dark time...[rolls her eyes]. Not much else to say about this one. Your commentary is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Are they going to revolt? They should... they technically are the older race and we should be learning from them.

(I suggest reordering the "chapters" in this such that informational pages like this come not in the middle of the text but act more like an appendix or foreword)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

450 Views
1 Review
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 3, 2011
Tags: dinosaurs, mezoi, cambo, futuristic, sci-fi
Previous Versions


Author

Alysa Taladay
Alysa Taladay

Xuri lu'Xal Enji



About
*** Explanation of my absence on this site, and where to find my writing: http://www.writerscafe.org/ryozaem/blogs/Dealing-with-Life/24335/ *** EDIT: I'VE SINCE RETURNED. -ISH? I write about dinos.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alysa Taladay