Fearless

Fearless

A Story by Samantha Jane
"

Another something I threw together in the spur of the moment.

"

Fearless, is a word people use to describe someone having no fears, being unafraid.
Fearless, I believe, is a word that should be used to describe someone who has fears, but faces those fears.
Fearless, is beating those fears. Fearless, is letting go. Fearless is saying goodbye.
He is Fearless, because he knows you’ll be back. She is Fearless, for believing she can love him without a worry.
You are Fearless, because you fell down and got back up, time after time.

Synonyms for the word fearless are things like courageous and unafraid. The definition of fearless is not afraid and brave. Fearless therefore means not having fears, and being brave because of that. But Fearless, to me, is having fears, lots of them. Fearless is facing those fears, even if you’re afraid. Fearless is conquering them. Fearless is falling after trying, but getting back up and trying again. Fearless is saying goodbye after who knows how many times. Fearless is walking away after years of friendship. Fearless is letting people back into your life, then watching them go and you not caring. Life is Fearless, Love is Fearless. You are Fearless, and I am Fearless in believing that. I am Fearless for telling you that I know you’re afraid, even though I don't know you. You are Fearless for believing. Fearless, is waiting for change. We’re all Fearless for believing that one day, change will come. This, this is Fearless.

 

© 2009 Samantha Jane


Author's Note

Samantha Jane
(excuse the repeated use of 'Fearless', but it's the contention in the piece, so, yeah!) :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Fearless" is one of those pieces where people have sudden spurs of trying to clear up an intention or confusion. "Fearless" is also my favourite piece of yours, and this is after reading your latest piece, about the girl dreaming. "Fearless" had no typos, no grammar mistakes and no spelling errors. "Fearless" makes me think hard and read it properly instead of whizzing the scroll button at high speed. "Fearless" clears my mind of any misconceptions about fearless people, and I can now honestly say I have realized who is fearless in its real meaning.
This is not cryptic, it is simply spreading a meaningful message to all.
Tip-top work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 21, 2009

Author

Samantha Jane
Samantha Jane

Melbourne, Australia



About
I'm fifteen, I'm in year ten studying English and English Literature as well as various other arts. I've been writing since i was six, my first piece was 'The Little Bird'. I am now writing a novel en.. more..

Writing
Taking Chances Taking Chances

A Stage Play by Samantha Jane