Amy and Henry

Amy and Henry

A Story by sarah

      Amy had told one boy she loved him, that was the first and last time, love was something she took very seriously it was not a joke to her, she never said it unless she meant it. And she had only said it in a romantic sense once, in high school. The first guy she ever gave her whole heart to, but when she had said she loved him. He took her heart and used it for his own advantage, her heart was broken, and he moved on to her best friend. He made her whole high school experience a living hell, he knew how Amy felt about him, and used it to his own advantage, he was beloved by all so no one cared if he emotionally battered Amy, he even managed to slightly torture her in college by dating her roommate, Amy hated him, she hated that fact she had given her whole heart to him, that she had trusted him, and that it was something she would never forget.

        Amy never fully recovered, over the next few years Amy dated, she had had her fair share of crushes. But Amy never forgot the only guy she had completely given all of herself to. Henry had been her first love, and that wasn’t something she found easy to forget. But sense then the thought of giving her heart away to anyone only seemed like instant heart break.

      Amy finished high school and went to college, she graduated, and life was good for her. She was a counselor and was offered a position in Santa Barbra, so she packed up and left. In her mind it was a way to get away from the familiar place, and experience something new, something exciting. It wasn’t too far from where she grew up so when she needed to go home she could be back in her small normal town in two hours. It was the perfect change for her, she could leave her past behind, and truly move on without any problems.

       But that would change far too quickly. One Saturday afternoon Amy was doing some left over paperwork, and watching some TV. Amy sat on her floor in sweat pants, a baggy sweat shirt, her hair was in a messy bun, and she had no makeup on. She heart the phone ring she was had a pencil in her mouth because her hands were full of paper, all of a sudden the phone rang, she jumped at the sound of the phone, the coffee mug that sat on the table fell over, the phone rang again, Amy dropped the papers and the pencil, she gasped at the mess and tried to save the wet papers, once again the phone rang, Amy sighed loudly and ran over to the phone and in a slight panic she answered the phone with a loud “WHAT?!?!”

“Amy?”

Amy sighed in exasperation and said “Yes?”

“Are you ok over there?”

“Yes who is this?”

“Roger, Amy common what is going on over there?”

Amy gasped and said “Roger! Oh my goodness I am so sorry I am just sort of going crazy over here”

Roger laughed and said “Yes I can hear that, you need some help?”

Roger was a co worker of hers and also her one and only guy friend in Santa Barbra

“No no no no It’s fine, I’ll clean it up”

Someone then knocked on Amy’s door, Amy clenched the phone tightly and said “Are you serious right now”

“What?” Roger said

“Someone is knocking at my door, is it you?”

Roger laughed and said “I wish, but no”

Amy chuckled and said “Alright hang on a sec”

Amy walked over to the front door and tripped over her own feet on the way there, she grabbed the door knob on the way down and it slowly opened.

“OUTCH!” Amy exclaimed

“Are you ok?” Roger said hearing her fall

Amy’s face was swooshed into the carpet, she groaned and said “Yes, it’s just one of those days I guess”

Amy looked up and saw grey sandals standing before her, she slowly looked up. She saw jeans, a black shirt, and a white sweater, then she saw his face. Standing there just staring at her. She could not believe who stood in front of her. There was silence for a long moment.

“Amy?....Hello?....Amy? Are you ok?” Roger said not hearing any sound from the other end, then all of a sudden her heard Amy groan and then she said

“Kill me Roger, kill me now”

          

         “Hello Amy”

Amy didn’t move from the floor hoping that if she stayed really still he would go away.

“Amy?? Talk to me what’s going on over there?” Roger exclaimed

Amy kept her face pressed against the floor “Be quiet Roger maybe if we are really quiet he’ll go away”

“Common Amy”

Amy groaned at the sound of his voice, even in high school that voice melted her heart. She looked up at him and said “What do you want Henry?”

Henry held out his hand to help her up, Amy looked his hand over and decided to help herself up. She then said “Roger I have to get rid of a rat that just crawled up on my porch, I’ll call you later”

“Wait!” Roger said but Amy hung up and stared at Henry.

“Hi” Henry said

Amy stood silently and said “What do you want Henry, come to destroy my life even more?”

Henry put his hands in his pocket and shook his head and said “No I just came to talk”

“Oh did you now? Alright what do you want to talk about? Politics? Religion? The weather? What?”

“Amy can I come in please?”

Amy chuckled and said “I don’t think your ego can fit in my house Henry”

“Amy please” Henry said in a almost depressed voice

Amy sighed and moved aside to let Henry in, she almost felt sorry for him. Henry walked in the living room and stood in the middle of it silently, he looked around for a moment and said “Wow, how can you afford a place like this?”

“I have a roommate, she’s all famous and stuff. So she gets paid well, and she pays the rent I pay for food and electricity, and phone and stuff like that. We are renting it”

 “Wow that’s great, it’s really big” Henry walked over to the porch the led to the beach. “You have done really well for yourself”

“No Henry I was just sitting in a hole waiting for you to show up at my door. What do you want?”

“Still hostel I see”

Amy gritted her teeth and gripped the side of the sofa really hard and said “Henry how did you even find me? Stalking me? Really I would think that would be a bit low even for you”

Henry was looking at some of the pictures that sat over the fire place “I asked your sister”

Amy slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand and said “I am going to kill her”

“Amy believe it or not we live in a small town if your sister hadn’t of told me someone else would have, where you live isn’t exactly a secret”

Amy sat on the sofa and laid her head back and said “You really know how to piss me off don’t you?”

“If you really think about it I haven’t done anything at the moment to upset you in any way, you are stressing yourself out”

Amy looked at Henry in disbelief “You upset me just by existing!!” Amy exclaimed

Henry kept his composure and continued to look through her pictures and movies and CD’s

“Henry please will you just tell me what you are doing here?”

Henry looked at her and said “That’s a good look for you, very sexy I think”

Amy looked down at her grey baggy sweat pants and her baggy sweater, she glared at Henry and said “I will call the police on you, don’t think I won’t”

“I know you won’t” Henry said in a smug manner

He was right Amy thought to herself, she hated that he knew what she could and couldn’t do. Or what she would or wouldn’t do.

“Oh yeah?!” Amy said, she walked over to the phone. Henry watched completely clam, Amy dialed. Henry still didn’t flinch. Amy then said into the phone “Police I am being harassed, please come.”

Henry walked over and took the phone out of Amy’s hands and said “Hello? Is this Roger?”

“Yes? Who is this?” Henry looked at Amy and said “Um I think you called the wrong number”

He handed Amy the phone back and went and sat down on the sofa. Amy hung up on Roger again.  

© 2011 sarah


Author's Note

sarah
This is just an experiment, I don't want to continue till I get some feed back. So rate and let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sweet write! I really liked the dialogue in this piece, and thought that it was a particular strong point of your story. I liked the fact that you used it to explore the personalities of the characters, especially in regards to Amy's short and sharp one-liners towards Henry. I'm not sure if this was the entire story, or if you're planning on writing more, but so far, this is a great start. :) Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ooo yes I really like it!! please continue it I wanna know what happens haha.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Great efforts..!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

uh it is a good story line but it has some grammar issues but good try, keep up the work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice job so far, although it does need some editing, but the story line it great. you should definitely continue! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
Good write...I like how you fleshed out the relationship between Amy and Henry well and inserted Roger for conflict. Continue this

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the dialogue and the idea behind the story, I think you should break up the paragraphs and dialogue a bit. Maybe double check spelling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~wow-such a intriguing story~~~great write !!! ~~

:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Continue it, but don't take the easy way out and put Amy with Henry.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet write! I really liked the dialogue in this piece, and thought that it was a particular strong point of your story. I liked the fact that you used it to explore the personalities of the characters, especially in regards to Amy's short and sharp one-liners towards Henry. I'm not sure if this was the entire story, or if you're planning on writing more, but so far, this is a great start. :) Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2011

Author

sarah
sarah

CA



About
My name is Sarah just another Sarah, to go along with the millions of other Sarah's hehe anyway umm...I am really bad at spelling C and grammar it's a pain in the a*s so...yeah I won't U review books .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Marble Marble

A Poem by Robin


I Can't Stop I Can't Stop

A Poem by Cynthia