With love

With love

A Poem by CK Kimball

Copper eyes and down turned smile. He came back more than once in awhile.

The tune he sings as he twists his ring, sounds like a haunting sea melody.

Toes dipped into the wake as the water threatens to pull him under. It makes you wonder why the hell he did it anyway.

Day after day, year after year. He returned to their spot by the tree.
The one they carved their names and “With Love”.

On the stump he sat upon where he first held her hand. Now as he looks up and cries to the heavens the only thing to ground was the sand.

Across the lake as he looks upon. He knows in his heart she knows he is there.

She belonged to him and she will again. Their story wasn’t over. It couldn’t be the end.

Shakily standing to his aging knees he placed upon the stump a single rose.

He took one last look and walked away. What his mind was on no one would ever know.

© 2020 CK Kimball


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on August 1, 2020
Last Updated on August 1, 2020

Author

CK Kimball
CK Kimball

Elyria, OH



About
I'm in the middle of placing my works back on here since the great WC black out quite a few years back I got upset and stopped using it. I'm back and I hope to write with all of you! I write fictio.. more..

Writing
HER HER

A Poem by CK Kimball


loaf. loaf.

A Poem by CK Kimball