Jacob

Jacob

A Story by sam55

The waves crashed against the rocks, beating them mercilessly. The water churned and swirled and shook the boats anchored in the harbour. It was a cold night and the sky was dark, no stars shone through the blackness. Anna was leaning on the railings by the harbour wall, her red hair blowing around her face. Tears were falling down her freckled cheeks as she stared down at the teddy in her hands. Slowly, she let it fall from her grasp, deep into the darkness of the ocean. The waves were pounding against the wall, crashing into the rocks, and the teddy had a violent burial. An uninviting grave. 
Rain. It started slowly, a light drizzle, but quickly became a storm. Thunder came next, pushing it's way into Anna's consciousness. The sky cried as her eyes rained and together they made it a perfect night for regrets and lost hopes. A symphony of sadness in a world that didn't care. 
She turned and made her way back along the length of the harbour and down past the beach. She walked past the pier and arcade until she reached her house. It wasn't her home, simply her house. It hadn't been a home for a while. Not since Jacob died anyway. A home had smiles and laughter and the smell of cooking. A home had voices and mess and arguing. A home had the comfort of knowing there was someone who loved you, someone who needed you. All her house had was a bin full of takeaway boxes and the only voices were in her head. It was empty and so was her life.

© 2012 sam55


Author's Note

sam55
I know it's really short and doesn't actually explain anything, but I can never write a write a whole story. I always get to a point and then not know where to go with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012
Tags: death, love, rain, night, sadness, loss, empty

Author

sam55
sam55

United Kingdom



About
I'm 18. I live in Luton UK, which sucks. I'm a nursery assistant. I like to write. Reading is a massive part of my life. I'm currently ready a couple of books of poems by Charles Bukowski and am falli.. more..

Writing
My Angel My Angel

A Poem by sam55


Daimond Daimond

A Poem by sam55