WHERE ONCE A HEART

WHERE ONCE A HEART

A Poem by Salvatore Buttaci

Betrayed by love, she crams her mind with his final word, tossed seconds before the closing of the door.  Inside, where once she thrived, where once a heart leaped for joy, now reign only silence and darkness.  There is nothing left to give.
The turning of a doorknob, the way he averted his eyes like a man concealing shame, the curl of his lip, then that “Goodbye” signaling the start of loneliness and the incurable dread of living unloved.
She sits now at the window, auburn hair disheveled, her life in ruins.  Out there, circling high above a dying world, love flaps dark wings.
                                                  #

© 2010 Salvatore Buttaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an ending....
Alone, so alone. .
I love your ink.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The dark wings are the dead love, flying in the air, with,no place to land, now that they are apart. Sad poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


great prose Sal. I am happy you made it back to WC. Hopefully it will treat you kinder in the new year! sorry to be so long in stopping by with a comment. tovli

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have made the very best usage of the 'ten'. Well penned with absolute flair. Flowing and descriptive and a nice little story to boot! Thanks for submitting this lovely poem to the contest!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sad... and wonderful done, as always!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing, so much is said with so few words and your lines reek of resentment and pain...I know exactly where this woman is coming from. Your entry is so much better than mine...Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I could feel the sadness in this, i like the descriptiveness in this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010
Tags: Buttaci, Tovli's 10/40

Author

Salvatore Buttaci
Salvatore Buttaci

Princeton, West Virginia, WV



About
I live in West Virginia and have been writing and seeing my poems in print for the past fifty years. I also write short stories and articles for publications. In the early part of the new year 2010,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..