Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Stars and Whales

Chapter 3


Yes. A long time ago, on the Planet Earth, there lived a man. But now Owen Hurst was dead, and Brent lounged in a cushiony chair contemplating the mind blowing reality. There were living things on a planet called Earth. But where is this Earth? “It must be incredibly far away.” Brent thought.

Brent decided to call them Earthians. He would find these Earthians, and he would find this Earth. Brent needed help with this, however, and he knew just where to go. Till and Zach would be happy to help.

Brent soon found himself knocking on the tall, crystal door of Zach’s home. “Hey Zach.” Brent said cautiously.

“Brent! What are you doing here!”

“Well...um, can we talk inside?”

Brent took a look around. The house was very nice. He remembered when he would go there every day, and Zach’s mom would make her delicious scrumpballs. Those were amazing...the tenderness, the juiciness. Brent could taste them on his tongue now, and it made his mouth water. But of course Zach’s mom was now elsewhere, living her life separate from her child. It was truly cruel, Brent had always thought. He wondered if Earthians had loving families that would stay together and mothers that would make their children scrumpballs. Maybe not scumpballs (though he couldn’t imagine life without those), but it wasn’t about that. What Brent truly wondered was, “Is there love on Earth?” He hoped so, for the sake of the universe. That there could be some joy and merry somewhere else, while on Proth he was trapped in a void of darkness. And of course Rillous was behind the most of it.

“So, Brent...what is it you need?” Zach stretched and yawned.

Brent bit his lip. “Ok, well first let me explain something, Zach. Please don’t take this the wrong way. It is going to come as quite a shocker, and I doubt you will believe me anyways.”

Zach gave a shrug and let out a laugh. “You know, the fact that you turned us down to binpball the other day is crazy enough as is.”

Brent forced a smile, then spoke. “I’m just going to get it over with, then. And Zach, it’s more important than binpball.” He paused. “Listen close. Old Irt was not a Proth person. No Zach, he was an Earthian. An Earthian...from the Planet Earth. An alternate, living species exists to this day...at least according to my current knowledge, and Irty was among them. He hid this from us all these years...I found it in Irty’s old house.” Brent pulled out the scuba suit he had found. Zach read what Irty had written on it, and when he finished he looked away sharply.

Brent could see him mouthing words to himself, most likely words of disbelief. But Brent was sure he heard a “cruck” in there somewhere.

“You’re, uh, you’re certain of this, Brent? I don’t understand...this is impossible. What you’re showing me...completely impossible. You must be lying to me, Brent! Where did you get that suit anyway...for real.”

“I told you, it came from Earth and Irty had it with him, for some reason. I don’t know all the details, nor do I know how Irty got to our planet.”

“You lie!! You’re...freaking...lying to me!!” Brent could see the desire in Zach’s eyes for this to be true. He wanted it to be a lie.

“Ok, Zach, it’s time for you to calm down.” Brent said, but Zach clenched his fists and poured with sweat. “For Rillous’s sake, man, get a grip!” He put a hand on Zach’s shoulder.

Brent could see Zach fuming, but he calmed down enough to respond. “Brent. Why do you think you can just barge on in my house after you’ve hardly talked to me for years, and expect me to listen to you and believe what you’re telling me. What you’re saying, Brent...it is really impossible, and you know it. You’d better not tell anyone else this, because you’ll find your butt Botteed before you can say ‘cruck.’ And I don’t want to see that, Brent.”

Being “Botteed” is a punishment for the worst of the worst on Proth. Basically, the victim is strung up publicly and a semi-sharp piece of metal called a Vull would be used to slowly claw away at your neck until it was clean off. The metal was scalding hot, too. It happened quite often, though usually not to individuals that actually deserve it. Rillous decided who was to be punished and what their punishment would be, but his definition of “bad” was a lot different than everyone else. In fact, Rillous had once fed an old man to the Riborgs because the man had wheezed loudly during Rillous’ daily visit to Prine. Rillous had been addressing the people while everyone bowed to him. It turns out he found the noise to be disturbing of his glory.

“I’m telling the truth, Zach. Dead serious. I wouldn’t lie to you. You just have to trust me. I need your help with this. I want to find out more, Zach. I want to escape this world, expand my horizons. Prine is in ruin, and there is no hope while we linger here to rot. Help me, Zach. Isn’t this what you want as well?”

Zach closed his eyes and wiped sweat from his forehead. “No, Brent. This is not what I want. You’re insane...Proth is all there is and all there ever will be. It’s all in your mind. I’m not going to waste away my life helping you attempt a hopeless dream. I suggest you forget it, move on, and live life like the rest of us. A Proth person does as a Proth person is, and you are not one of us if you continue with this idiocy.”

Brent’s eyes began to water as he spoke. “I’ll just have to show you then, Zach. You’ll feel different when I’m eating scrumpballs with Earthians. I’m not dealing with this impending downfall any longer. Goodbye Zach.”







© 2015 Stars and Whales


Author's Note

Stars and Whales
This is not the completed chapter! I'm still working on it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am not much for longer pieces but try to make time when my brain is accepting to it. Interesting write and I saw little pieces of stories I have read in the past. This is not bad, it is just what it is. Need re writes as you know and I will try to follow along as my brain permits. Not enough here for a true review.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate you checking it out :)



Reviews

Doing great with chapter. thanks for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is one of my favorites so far. I do notice that you use a lot of the same names and words in your writing. As a suggestion, use different names when the stories aren't connected.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

7 Years Ago

Ok. Thanks, I will. Old Irt is just one of my favorite names for an old, wise man, because it sounds.. read more
MightyMouse

7 Years Ago

I get it. I always want to name my main character the same thing. It's a struggle for sure.
I am not much for longer pieces but try to make time when my brain is accepting to it. Interesting write and I saw little pieces of stories I have read in the past. This is not bad, it is just what it is. Need re writes as you know and I will try to follow along as my brain permits. Not enough here for a true review.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate you checking it out :)
Wow I am beginning to love this story already. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not a bad chapter so far man keep up the good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I reserve judgement till you finish the chapter, I don't want to tell you I like it when you could stink it up finishing the chapter Ha! Ha! Ha! Just kidding. But not about waiting till you finish the chapter.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dak
i always find it amusing when you conjure these proth everyday things, it's unique and inventive great work so far

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!
Well this helped me crack a smile on a sleepless night. :) "You’ll feel different when I’m eating scrumpballs with Earthians." Like yes, Zach, and then I'm going to take over Proth with my mystical scuba gear and anti-botteeding attitude of love and peace for the people of Proth! Well anyway, looking good so far even though it might not be complete.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written, you're getting better and better. Keep writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I haven't read the previous chapters but this one is fun so far especially this bit "you’ll find your butt Botteed before you can say ‘cruck.’ And I don’t want to see that, Brent.”

"It turns out he found the noise to be disturbing of his glory." Should it be "disturbing to his glory"?

Ps: Please feel free to review one of the chapters on my book :)



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2015
Last Updated on September 10, 2015


Author

Stars and Whales
Stars and Whales

Middle Earth, The Shire



About
"Even Darkness Must Pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer." -Samwise Gamgee I love to write, and I hope to become a published writer some day. I ho.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stars and Whales



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..