Part 2 Chapter 1

Part 2 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Stars and Whales
"

MassDeath Day!

"

Part 2

Chapter 1


Lora couldn’t see a thing in the dark of the night. The only visible source of light, blazing through the starry sky, were of brilliant flames ignited by MassDeath Day and its participants. Lora scanned her surroundings. She was alone on the inky black street. Screams could be heard throughout the whole city. But Lora knew these screams of pain would erupt across the entire country through the next 24 hours, within every city, and every home. And they would be of the tongues of everyone and everything.

Lora had a gun by her side (a large rifle she had kept spare in her office) as she marched down the street. She wondered where S.Z was now.

“He’s probably gotten Tammy to safety somewhere,” she thought. “Surely he wouldn’t be stupid enough not to.”

She wandered aimlessly around the city. A frosty breeze swept up her nostrils as she took deep breaths, freezing her brain into an icy dome. She shivered, and still nobody intruded her lonely hospitality.

Then she heard shouting behind her. In the half second that followed, her brain became extremely confused as to what to do and where to turn, so she stumbled on her own feet and pummeled to the ground. She instantly looked up, her vision blurred. It was a single man, rushing towards her with a knife on hand. Lora stumbled around on the ground for her gun. The man was gaining on her. Blood was splattered across his shirt, and his vile appearance wore a threatening glare. Any moderated fear she might have had condensed into terror, and she grabbed her gun by the handle. Adrenaline shot through her like a bullet, and it filled her blood with a fiery grit. The man stuck one knife between his teeth, and he kept the other in his right hand. Lora’s hands shook on the trigger of her rifle. She could do it. She could kill him. The man should’ve understood this, but he kept pursuing her with a grin on his face as if he wouldn’t mind death. He probably wouldn’t.

Lora couldn’t do it. She didn’t know why. He looked ready to kill her, and now he was close.

Suddenly he was upon her, and he slashed at her with one knife, aiming straight for her throat. Lora growled and dodged all attacks, her finger still on the trigger. This man deserved death. Didn’t he?

Lora’s hands vibrated intensely with the cold. The man lunged at her, but Lora kept the gun sturdy directly in between his eyes. He wasn’t as aggressive, it seemed, because of the gun ready to blow his head off. Lora couldn’t find it within her to pull the trigger. She slung the gun over her shoulder and turned to run. She heard the sound of a thrown knife whistle an inch beside her ear. Terror filled her to the brim like an overflowing pool. She sprinted faster.

Then she felt an unbearable pain in her right leg. She collapsed to the ground, rolling and tumbling in the dust. On the ground, she looked at her leg through the searing pain and saw a knife wedged within. Blood seeped out and poured onto the ground like red ocean waves crashing onto a sandy shore. The man snarled as he moved in on her to make his final move. It was over. Not an hour into MassDeath Day and it was already over. Done. Her life would pass on into a memory, if anything at all, then be buried in the sands of time and forgotten forever. Humanity would murder each other one by one and each be sucked into their own individual black hole, and the Earth would become home to a new, better species. Or maybe the Earth was done now, too. Maybe the universe was taking its final toll.

With every last ounce of energy she had stored within her, she snatched her gun from the ground beside her. She put her finger on the trigger and tried with all her strength to pull back. She was unsuccessful.

The man kneeled down beside her. The beginning step for the digging of her eternal grave. He pulled the knife from his mouth into his left hand, and squeezed the other one in his right.

“Hello. I figure you’d like to know the name of your killer. My name is Dusk. Well…” He pressed his lips together, a grin cornering both sides of his lips. He laughed evilly. “good-bye.”

Then a drop of blood dripped from his mouth and onto her nose. His eyes bugged out, and they turned icy and empty. He collapsed off of her, blood oozing off of his lips. Lora scanned the area. Nobody else was near who could have killed him. In fact, now nobody else living was there but her. She was filled with emotion. What happened? Her eyes felt glossy and wet. How did he die? Her heart beat out of her chest, and she could hardly breathe. It was as if someone had stuffed two small bowling balls into both of her lungs to keep them from allowing her to breathe. Her mind felt fuzzy and dead. Was she in fact dead? Did death feel this way? Did death cause hallucinations of the lifeless brain?

Her heart nosedived off of a cliff and into an ocean of complete ice water. The reality had hit her. Her ears were clogged, and she heard nothing but a distant buzzing sound. In fact, it had been that way since the man had first appeared. She looked down at her gun. Her finger was frozen to the trigger, and it had been pulled. She had felt nothing. Such a rush of adrenaline had filled her body that it had functioned abnormally and her touch had hardly any feel to it at all. She had killed Dusk. Her first kill in MassDeath Day ever. And it was only one in the morning. It was going to be a long day.



© 2015 Stars and Whales


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, I really expected there'd be someone there to help her, but then I saw that it had been her. This is why I really like the way you are handling her emotions and her thoughts, when some people do something they've never done before it's hard or them to believe they did so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Yes :) Thank you, Alondra! Could you check out Chapter 2 for me? Thanks. message me the next chapter.. read more



Reviews

Wow, I really expected there'd be someone there to help her, but then I saw that it had been her. This is why I really like the way you are handling her emotions and her thoughts, when some people do something they've never done before it's hard or them to believe they did so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Yes :) Thank you, Alondra! Could you check out Chapter 2 for me? Thanks. message me the next chapter.. read more
This is to let you know I have read it and you know now know my procedure :~)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Yes of course :)
Loved the imagery of these past few chapters. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
I enjoyed reading this, not conventall but still kept good balance. Saw examples of genius, nices.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

:) Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2015
Last Updated on October 3, 2015


Author

Stars and Whales
Stars and Whales

Middle Earth, The Shire



About
"Even Darkness Must Pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer." -Samwise Gamgee I love to write, and I hope to become a published writer some day. I ho.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stars and Whales