"No, thank you."

"No, thank you."

A Story by Samantha
"

Written the summer of 2010.

"

His cold hand smacked my face, as its twin viciously tore through the denim barrier on my legs.

 

Maybe he just didn’t hear me…

 

“No - no, thank you. I told you, I don’t think we should do these things - ”.

 

His cement hand pushed across my chest, trapping me under his intoxicated body; his flesh three times my own overwhelmed and drowned out my small, unsuspecting frame.

 

His voice sliced through the air, tearing and clawing my terrified heart. “Be quiet. It’s time to grow up and live in the real world. This is what people do.”

 

Maybe he’s right, maybe this is just a part of life and I’m just being prude. Breathe in, breathe out. Don’t make him mad again, you’re neck’s finally healing from the last time you broke the silence.

 

He said he loved the Lord, said that he was doing all he could to please our Savior. He told me that I was the first believer to show him comfort, the first to bring him back to Christ.

 

I can’t rob him of that…

 

But he’s about to steal and leave his mark on me, and more than just the usual black and blue reminders…

 

God, if this is going to help him, then I guess this is what I have to -

 

My eyes opened to see the blue and red lights reflecting in his black eyes as panic spread across his face. In a second, I dressed in the clothes he stole only a bruise before, and escaped the black hole. Silent tears trekked down my face as I realized those unaware angels in uniform just saved my white from a black I could never understand.

© 2012 Samantha


Author's Note

Samantha
I know it's a little scattered, but that was how I wanted it as it perfectly fits the way that I felt that night.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was mind-blowing! Did this really happen to you?!?!?!? This story was amazing. It flowed well and it expressed how the victim must've felt. I loved it (not the topic, the topic was something no one should ever have to go through, but the story itself)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was mind-blowing! Did this really happen to you?!?!?!? This story was amazing. It flowed well and it expressed how the victim must've felt. I loved it (not the topic, the topic was something no one should ever have to go through, but the story itself)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2012
Tags: abuse, faith, saved