The Moon Winx

The Moon Winx

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

A gothic wedding...The famed hotel...Based on an actual location which inspired me...

"

       Image result for gothic wedding paintings      The Moon Winx

                            by Sami Khalil                                                  

 Muted, she stared at the sun... Late rising with a piercing alarm, a demurred wife, who was lost in the grace of sleep, had found her Bohemian spirit to be shackled by death immemorial.

 Beneath the orb, green pasturages spanned the blushed land, while nomadic clouds hovering, scorned wayward.

 In the living spaces between her heavy breaths, strangeness spilled her beans on a suitcase of reality. While happiness lost, she struck a deal with wishful thinking. Eyes could not rest on any harmony even when this minacious act caused horror and strife, perhaps with a background of sinister intentions. She even stalked the right words to no avail, knowing our human stories are unfinished till the end, even so with hand-written fears. So, she grasped unto the unknown, fearing somehow its dark shadows.

 Between the sight of her husband’s badly burnt body, ostensibly bursting instantly into upward flames upon finding him on the kitchen floor, with only his slippered feet intact, while objects of the surrounding untouched, generating their fair share of controversy and mystery, with or without signs of foul play, and the looks of forensic experts, baffled and stone-faced, her dreams eroded, falling apart into dark lures.

 Everything became ill-fitting, unravelling the raised eyebrows, disassembling any relief in sight. Some can measure natural time and its effects, good or bad, but not its escape into the wild unknown, full fledging into dusty shadows, were some thoughts which ran through her mind.

 With a blurred vision, she remembered the honeymoon at the famed “Moon Winx” hotel, the owls that flew off their palms after the ravishing gothic wedding that took place at a haunted castle, October the 31st.

 That season was of harvesting, and the twain being non-conformist, Halloween could not get here fast enough for the transition of their lifetime into the newness of the macabre, away from the vulnerability of the normal. Her wedding dress was hauntingly romantic; leather haultered, long flowing in black and purple colors. She remembered vividly the moment her late husband pulled out the ring from a carved pumpkin with the words “Love” (there were many carved in different messages), planting passionate kisses that smudged her black lipstick, the vows exchanged donning prison shackles around the wrists, the cradle and the wooden coffin on each side of the altar, the cake topped by a raven’s bust, the two best men dressed in Satan and Dracula outfits, the spooky looking glassy dolls busted on the floor for good luck…

Half conscious from her fall, passing out, her trusted eyes granted her a slight stare outside the hospital windows. And with a stubborn heart, she could not acquiesce but to velvet sadness in her pains.

 After her release from the hospital, she adopted the habit of wearing her wedding dress at midnight, donning the deceased husband’s wolf suit over a skeleton, and with voiceless thoughts, she would mutter the words: “I do.” No need for witnesses in the dark thereof. The scent of musk was powerful enough to wake up the neighbors in sudden sickness. She reclaimed the corporeal entity in her vision. The full moon became that silent witness!    

 

© 2018 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you mesmerized me at 'muted', Sami and then the story took me to that hotel and her wedding... you weave a fine story of the macabre, but mostly a sad, tragic love story with a 'full moon' witness... I think I am going to have to steal your pen so I can write as powerfully as you do Sami... ;0)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Hahaha! I gift you my love and admiration. How about that? Million thank yous my friend and wonderfu.. read more
You are the master of short stories! again, I might not know what writing short story is really like, but I do know what I read, a sharp pen, a fertile imagination, a strong built structure, You write what it's needed with brilliant statements and expressions, keeping us interested, that's how a short story must be like.


Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! With humbling gratitude, I thank you tremendously. May your light shine further into the depths.. read more
lightsong

5 Years Ago

You are surely so warmly welcome dear Sami, I always try to be kindly honest :)
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

:)...................
Brilliant wordplay throughout, my friend. Most enjoyable.
Not for speed reading. Time, better spent, to linger and muse, whilst absorbing imagery conjured, each encapsulating a divergent tale in sequence, pursuant to fruition.

Posted 5 Years Ago


VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

Prego, anima gemella.
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Hahaha...You are awesome...
VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

I googled translations. One I translated a poem of mine into French, using google translate. Not at .. read more
A case of spontaneous human combustion...

Posted 5 Years Ago


"In the living spaces between her heavy breaths, strangeness spilled her beans on a suitcase of reality. While happiness lost, she struck a deal with wishful thinking."

Sami Khalil

Posted 5 Years Ago


"she remembered the honeymoon at the famed “Moon Winx” hotel, the owls that flew off their palms after the ravishing gothic wedding that took place at a haunted castle, October the 31st."

Sami Khalil

Posted 5 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

781 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 8, 2018
Last Updated on August 10, 2018

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..