Parachute Man

Parachute Man

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

She weaved the web...

"

Image result for Free Parachute paintingsImage result for Free Parachute paintings


Parachute Man                      by Sami Khalil

She weaved the web...


It was a jarring incident; the fatal jump where his parachute failed to deploy. After spinning out of control, and the subsequent death, suspicion unraveled that this experienced, highly decorated skydiver (Instructor), was killed in a foul play or perhaps some rigging went on.

“He leapt to his death,” was the news flash. The first person on the scene was his fiancée, Joyce. She looked deadpan. Tears went down her cheeks. She was inured to tragedies where now the future is derailed. In her professional capacity as an up and coming psychiatrist, she couldn’t fathom the insipid nature of death, especially this one. She had doubts of her own brewing within.

Someone must have rigged the chute, for free fall jumping was like drinking water to her fiancée, neither cumbersome nor dangerous. Getting restless after the funeral, where he was honored, she felt some strange feelings about her ex-boyfriend, whom underneath the nasty breakup, had extreme attachment to jealousy after the engagement fact to Rus “The Fuss” as her fiancée was called(due to the fact he was an extreme disciplinarian an a perfectionist about his job).

She alluded her concerns to the FBI, who opened an investigation into the matter. Suspicion fell on the parachute rigger, Jimmy McNair, whose job was to pack, fix and inspect all parachutes. In the small community of Gordo, rumors circulated, flew off like Canadian Geese. Jimmy lived on his 5-acre estate along with his mules and horses. He did own a tractor, a zero-turn lawn mower and many Stihl yard tools. He had distinguished careers like the time he worked for NASA, making space suits for the great astronauts. He had to move to this new job after accusations of malfeasance over a particular suit, which was proved to be not true. He was found not guilty. Jimmy became a recluse in this small community. Any reporter who tried to elicit an interview or a confession, did not get such a statement or admission. He scoffed at their trade, for they were like Hyenas looking for a prey.

The FBI, after extreme digging, casted their net on the toxic relationship between Rus and Joyce, exonerating Jimmy. He had the motive but the charge was proved preposterous.

Come to find out (Unbeknownst to Rus), that she was a solicitor of sex, having grueling affairs. Behind her glasses, she lived a double life. Joyce displayed no noticeable traits or signs of personality disorders. The FBI found a treasure trove of evidences in Russ’ house, especially the suicide letter. His discovery of her shenanigans weighed heavily on him. Extremely sensitive, he was distraught. He jumped to his death.

Media got the story “right” now. She weaved the web.

What a DREB!!!  

 

© 2019 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow,a tragic write,senseless death unexpected

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Woe and Woe! So true and well said Mr. Wordman. So glad you like this tragic story and that it moved.. read more
 wordman

4 Years Ago

my pleasure sami,i need to get caught up on reading
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Gracie Mille my friend....
This is one of your most compelling stories that I've read so far. I was totally hooked & reading as fast as I could to satisfy the curiosity & suspense that you have built up so expertly. I love your blow-by-blow detailed account, as if a reporter rather than a writer of prose. That stilted clipped sound adds to the suspenseful nature of the telling (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoeee! Thank you so much dear poet and writer for this amazing review and kind appreciation. I'm so.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Geez! This reads like an Agatha Christie murder mystery, Sami! And a partly true story?? Wow. Such a femme fatale worthy of the halcyon days of Film Noir flicks!

We poor men have no chance once we land in the web of a Black Widow! This is another fine piece of your journalistic narrative style of writing. You have weaved the story just as good as this woman weaved her web of deceit. And what a sad ending for the poor guy. It would not have been a pretty sight when they found his body.

A spellbinding piece. Well written and full of suspense.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoa! I'm blown away by your wonderful review and self. You are very inspiring even in your reviews .. read more
dear Sami... the psychiatrist troubled soul needed to lie on her own couch and be analyzed which often occurs... at least in the Hollywood movies. Better to be engaged to a Poet... then you will have a lifetime of diversion and not have time for Folly. truly, Pat


Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Hahaha! So true and well articulated. Million thank yous dear poet for this lovely review and kind v.. read more
A sad story with a jarring conclusion, Sami. You spin such an amazing tales, with so much information and details... is this yarn based on real facts? A psychiatrist with double life and knack for hiding her personality disorder, a clever twist!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Salam wa mahaba to you too. You are superbly kind and talented. A great mind can see the talent in o.. read more
Mrudula Rani

4 Years Ago

Tudo de bom para você ( wishing you all the best).
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

You the same with no blame...
Any reporter who tried to elicit an interview or a confession, did not get such a statement or admission. He scoffed at their trade, for they were like Hyenas looking for a prey.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2019
Last Updated on November 17, 2019

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tomorrow Tomorrow

A Poem by Valentine