Broken Zeal's Cult

Broken Zeal's Cult

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

Billy Goat...

"

Broken Zeal’s Cult   Sami Khalil


The night galloped into sleepless approbation. Into the velvety darkness, the stagecoach forged ahead, pulling up to the palace’s gate, sitting atop the foothills of Cheahah mountains, inviolate within stone walls. The palace was adorned with enchanting visuals of Gothic vistas.  The cult of “The Broken Zeal” had their annual meeting followed by a soiree.


Their leader, who goes by “Billy Goat” desired to take note of new members, dangers lurking around, and to chart new strategies ahead. He mapped out every contingency, in case of public scrutiny and government spies. A special tunnel, known as “The Rabbit’s Hole,” was provided to members as an escape and a lair to the enemy.


Of a known practice of this group is daubing the “Evil Eye” symbol on their foreheads for protection sense and badgering of evil. Also, in this secluded locale, strange things start to unfold arousing the suspicion of authorities. Not much can be said about this group except bits and pieces of information, like carrying calling cards to join ranks and attend their meetings. Noteworthy was their assumption too of different aliases for identity reasons.


Now, as the stagecoach parked in the “VIP” section, heavy -armed guards escorted the elderly gent to the “Allegiance Hall.” Billy Goat has been the reigning leader for most of his life and had earned the adulation of his servants. Shrouded in black, a plethora of radiant light emanated around him, making him look sorcerous, a wraith-like. After the standing ovation, this well-groomed wordling motioned the guards to distribute “The Evil Eye Wands" to all, which was a new invention of the group’s scientists in laser technology.


Mouthing prayers from lines of well written script, he made a promise to awaken the “Sunflowers;” a reference to Areolas turning into grace. “Life is change,” he said. “We must be able to adapt to any situation.” “You must bundle your energies as you bundle yarns. With bald-facedness, duress is conquered. Never sleep on the job and ignore your duties.”


“As a reward to all, these wands are for your keepsake. You will be amazed of what they can do.”

Everyone was spellbound, flummoxed, grabbing the nearest comprehension. As the night progressed without contention, lights of the palace dimmed by daylight. All of a sudden, a swarm of drones appeared out of nowhere, started bombing them mercilessly. It was the loathsome government doings. Out of panic, they implored the leader to do something. He motioned all to carry their wands outside, pointing it heaven side.


Wands emitted laser energies, with such power and precision that they smashed the drones to pieces. After the victory, Billy Goat said: “Folks, we refuse to be the doormat. Pass it on. Restless days loom ahead to our enemies!"


Image result for Billy Goat paintings

  

 

 

© 2019 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I always wondered what inspires you Sami, to write such an amazing stories that seem so plausible! Broken Zeal's cult sounds and unfolds like yesterday's breaking news.. still it distresses and scandalizes society every time a secret organizations explode reeking havoc. I particularly liked the name of this leader Billygoat ( probably has wisdom and beatitude of a galoot). Leaders like Billy Goat will lead the world that follows him to bottomless pit. This story is packed with wonderful knowledge of what to expect from secret societies that function in under world.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoa! You are so right on the money dear wonderful poet and artist of words. All you have said is tr.. read more
Mrudula Rani

4 Years Ago

You are most welcome dear Sami, reading your wonderful writings is always a pleasure my friend.
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

:::::)))))))......
This is one of your best fairytale-like stories becuz it's wildly imaginary, but also logical (sometimes your imaginings soar to places I'm not following, but that doesn't happen in this story). Your symbols are strong & vivid, but I'm reading different possibilities. This could be a warning tale about keeping our eyes open & not being hoodwinked. This could be a political tale about how every smooth-talking joker that spouts a swirl of convincing s**t will end up with dedicated followers, regardless of how unbelievable the guy's spiel may seem. Or, as Chris alludes to in her review, there's no relief for the never-ending battle of one group against another . . . *sigh!* Whatever a reader reads into this, your symbology is fresh & inventive (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoeee! So true and well articulated dear poet and friend. All those are the possibilities and the p.. read more
barleygirl

4 Years Ago

This means the world to me & it's better than any ole "gift" one might find under a tree (all my tre.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

:::::)))))))).......
Samil, your reads never fail to please this reader. Interesting and original. Your lines and the language used top notch and although this is fictional I found my mind wandering to current times and conflicts in different parts of the world. Violence begets violence springs into my mind. If you inflict destruction and violence on others, don't be surprised if they in turn rise up to defend themselves. I liked how you brought drones and wands into the picture. A little bit of fantasy and up to the minute here. Well done.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoa! You are astute dear Christine Anne Shaw. I love your take and interpretation of this write. I'.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Such an interesting write, Sami!

While obviously fictional, this one has very real imprints on the world as we know it today. Cults, secret societies, religious fanatics and even the spectre of ISIS and the Taliban can be used in context with your fictional cult in the story; those with whatever means necessary, and with whatever zeal of thought and belief wage war against the governments that are their enemy. You can apply this to nearly all struggles that exist in the world today.

This is another very original piece of short fiction; written in your descriptive style with usual excellent use of vocabulary. I liked the fantasy touch of the use of wands to bring down the drones, too, a kind of irony in some ways.

I enjoyed the write, my friend. Always entertaining and worth the time to peruse. Very well done.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoee Doodley! Always an honor to see you visit and a pleasure to hear your thoughts. You are so rig.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2019
Last Updated on December 1, 2019

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


FULL OF S**T FULL OF S**T

A Poem by DIVYA


LET GO! LET GO!

A Poem by DIVYA