The Fire Dragon

The Fire Dragon

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

My imagination running wild...

"

Image result for Fire dragon pics



The Fire Dragon             by Sami Khalil



Days rushed by in carols of bird songs, in their bountiful, spellbinding warbles. Those priceless moments heralded the coming of spring, gracefully unfurling its beauty and unfolding fair magic.


In gratefulness, I lifted up my hands, thanking the Lord above, inaudibly worthy of persisting minds. I was filled with vigor, holding fast to blissful thoughts.

Looking ahead, I glimpsed a hewer, a hermit’s silhouette, building an ark, donning ancient vestures. A scepter of an old insignia was laid beside him. As he spoke, his voice sounded mulishly awkward. He alluded repeatedly to Noah, a bygone idol, with the forlorn events of our time, i.e., man’s heart waxing cold, losing all traces of Elysian love.


He called himself “The Exonerated”, bound to the empyrean shores. As he walked back and forth, he ambled clearly, peering into the distance over the glades, towards the sea with solitary stares and lustrous eyes. He bestowed upon me vernal strength by touching my head in a blessing gesture. Chambers of wisdom opened up in my head. I was speechless, lost in an avalanche of sanguine words.


He adumbrated the difficulties ahead, the mosaic of events beguiling soon. Those will be an incubus shrouding the fate of man in chaos, conflict and gyres- paradigm shifts so to speak. He alluded to the fact that once he sails away, all these things will come to pass in haunting prospects. Was he a clairvoyant or a mad man?


To save humanity and our world, I concocted a plan. While he slept one night, I went ahead and set fire to his ark upon a blustery, windy one. With eerie fascination, I thought to myself that, if he can’t sail away, then I would have spared us from the smoldering storms ahead.

Awakened by the rising plumes, with grumbling threats, I was the recipient of his rage. He lifted up his scepter, produced a thundercloud horizon, a horrifying scene gravid with mayhem. I was struck by lightning that filled the skyline like gun bursts or incandescent furies.

Thus, was his contemptible warning to all the saboteurs of fate. I became a fire Dragon!

© 2020 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great imaginary and you nailed it in the last half of the write... I have found it quite catchy... Thanks for sharing the amazing piece.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Hi Abhishek. I'm pleased that you liked this write and thankful for the shared review. You bring a l.. read more
time passes and suddenly it's been years.. I have missed a lot..

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Hi Olla. So true and well said. Thank you kindly for the visit...
olla

3 Years Ago

you are welcome.. I'll be back..
Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

:)...............
Talk about a twist ending! What a concept....it would have changed the course of history...or the words in the Bible anyway. Always a pleasure reading you. Lydi**

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Hehehe! I love it. It would have indeed if we had that power. My mind contemplates those things some.. read more
Cool! :) It's been a while since I reviewed you I thought I'd stop by. This was fantastic, and the ending was unexpected.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Hi dear poet. You are welcome any time. I'm glad you have visited and shared. Thank you.
light and ashes

4 Years Ago

You're welcome :) and thanks
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

::::::)))))))))))
Hi there Sami,

this automatically took me straight into the legend of Korra plus the air bender. I am intrigued & astounded :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Hi there dear poet. I'm so glad you like this imaginative story and honored by your visit. Thank you.. read more
iceintheattic

4 Years Ago

You’re very welcome 😊😊
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

:::::::)))))
My inspiration was: What if someone at the time of Noah had set fire to his ark to stop the fate humanity was facing. What would have happened?

Posted 4 Years Ago


A very intriguing write Sami.. I didn’t understand it all but got the gist of it .. was a bit like watching an old movie about warlocks and such.. I had to look up incubis... a ghostly demon who likes to have intercourse with sleeping women and as I read on might be a bio sexual ghost.. anyways good intriguing write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

I will. Thank you for the encouragement and inspiration...
Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your writings:) my pleasure.
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

::::::))))))
dearest Sami... we all become fire dragons when we see our world leaning into disparity... all the goals we have worked toward torn apart by foolish dreamers of a utopia beyond a possibility.
And now we have a fear of sudden death for the elderly. Will poets be spared or disappear. truly, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Hi Patricia. I do agree and it is a sad reality, isn't it? We will keep our faith and hope up for th.. read more
Patricia Wedel

4 Years Ago

Our beautiful world is ablaze with the touch of a life threatening event... we must gather rose buds.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

So true and well said. Pray we must lest we turn to dust....
I like this. Didn't fully grip all of it, but wasn't necessary to enjoy the read.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Hi Wanda! It is ok. Thank you so much for the visit and comment. You can send a read request when yo.. read more
Wanda Vergara-Yates

4 Years Ago

You mean, you don't automatically rush to click on my name every time you see it? I'd be crushed if .. read more
Wanda Vergara-Yates

4 Years Ago

oh wait, you mean, you haven't already subscribed? *Gasp*
"Those will be an incubus shrouding the fate of man in chaos, conflict and gyres- paradigm shifts so to speak."
SK

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2020
Last Updated on March 8, 2020

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil