Giftedness

Giftedness

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

Art is important even for children.

"

Giftedness                       by Sami Khalil



“Look for visual clues of a story. Unlock hidden or obvious narrative secrets,” he would tell the art class. “Apply what you have learned, too.” “Beware that artists use many techniques to tell or invent ones. Examine all colours, lines, clear or hidden symbolisms.”

As the professor kept lecturing, he would emblazon his speech with quotes craftily, highlighting a famous line that said by Sami K.: “Awaken the painting from its slumber, conjuring up its spirit.”

The class loved this professor and his method of teaching by way of clarity, precision and wealth of creativity. They were looking forward to the gallery visit that can captivate all minds to never stop wondering. For as they were taught, works of art can spark a number of compelling ideas, providing basic frames of minds into new exploration styles. As the professor kept emphasizing that art must make impressions, compelling to the stimulation of different frameworks. Palpable devils or angels are in the details. Truth be told, to discover, one must endeavor and uncover. To fill in the blanks can be daunting, but to reach those ranks, they are worth exploring.

Now, one of the courses the professor taught was called (Arts with Impacts) and, in order for the class students to pass, they must visit a gallery of his choosing with the conclusion of submitting a final paper about their impressions and overall theme they gathered. When the time came, the professor, choosing to make it a surprise, only gave them an address to all be there at a set time. You could see the anticipation on their faces wearing no tattered feelings but in vibrant colors as coloured socks. When the day came, they all arrived at this place welcomed by their professor. To their astonishment, it was “The Children’s Museum of Art.”

They were all disappointed for they were expecting a fine gallery of sorts with some of "The Masters’ works" displayed. The professor knew their thoughts. He smiled and said: “The reason I brought you all here is simple and evident. I wanted you all to see, feel and experience art in its purest, uninhibited and most natural, exaggerated form, done by creative children; eyes noticing the world at deeper angles. These are neither playtime squiggles, random splattering nor just fun and games. This art goes beyond the verbal skills albeit an emotionally charged one. Consider these the fundamental levels of challenges seeking possibilities in free thinking and analysis. As you all will come to know, art’s greatest assets lie in the process and not merely relegated to the product. It is an outlet, a vehicle for creativity and exploration; a great shift in awareness and development of the imagination. Be curious like children, be engaged, be nurtured. So, go learn from them and I expect your work to be done in a week’s time. Brace yourselves!


Flower Girl Seaside art children painting by Debra Hurd by artist Debra  Hurd, on DailyPainters.com

© 2020 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is definitely one of your best. I love this story, so well-told & also with a brilliant lesson to teach. When I started at the cafe six years ago, I was stuffy as hell after 30+ years of technical writing, but I thought I knew it all. These six years among lively uninhibited imperfect younger writers has changed me so dramatically, it can't be expressed fully enuf. As much as I've loosened up after reading years of younger words, I still yearn to be more whimsical & unexpected. You picked a brilliant storyline to illustrate this very principle about how young people are so much more in tune with their wild imaginings! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Wow Miss Margie. I love your story and your take on this story. We are all honored to have you joine.. read more
Sami... to see the World through the eyes of a Child is a pure and most valued appraisal ... worth an Angel’s blessing. truly, Pat

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Wow! Hence my point I make and you make. You are a one smart lady. Thank you so much. Very fitting.
An excellent story with a highly moral lesson attached. Although a work of fiction the reader can immediately relate to the students being sent to the Children's gallery and believe this may have actually been a real lesson somewhere, sometime. Told in a detailed, informed voice. One little note: No need for the brackets at all me thinks. Engaging work Sami!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Whoa! A great take on this story from a great mind and friend. By the way you analyze things, I can .. read more
love the title and artwork. i like how you delve into the matter. none of us really knows what lies within until we explore. makes me think of the impressionist and those like van gogh who suffered for their art and stuck with it through thick and thin. when i was in college, i took an art class and the professor had us go to the museum of fine arts in boston and write about the experience. i remember seeing a very large, impressionist painting of a street scene that made me feel like i was there (a part of it) and that i could just step into it and stroll. was greatly moved by the experience, my eyes opened to another world. yes, such things are immensely important. what would the world be without the arts - expressions of life and our world, invoking feelings, emotions and the like of this human experience ... :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Wow! I love how you share your wonderful experience with us. So fitting. No wonder why you are so ta.. read more
Children create what adults frequently ignore because the latter are too busy chasing all that glitters. Tis known that when a child has hidden problems, to inspire that little one to draw or paint out thoughts can be very helpful, can display a darkness that cant be expressed. So yes, why not at any time, for any reason, discover the skills whatever they are by asking a child to just go for it. Do whatever..

You write with great command and respect for a subject. See it beckoning then lay it down, presentation clear, start to finish. This story is not exception. Tis a great thoughtwave that displays itself so very coherently, Sami. Thank you so much. Charming picture too!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

By the way, I love the wisdom you show in your words.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

Not really humble, Sami. It's wonderful when someone spends time to read a post then - leaves such .. read more
"Truth be told, to discover, one must endeavor and uncover. To fill in the blanks can be daunting, but to reach those ranks, they are worth exploring."

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 2, 2020
Last Updated on September 4, 2020

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cool Sand Cool Sand

A Poem by MsJewel