Fair Game

Fair Game

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

A sequel to The Gold Mine story...

"

See the source image


Fair Game                 by Sami S. Khalil

A sequel to “The Gold Mine”



…As Tatiana and I sauntered on the beaches of Crimea (The Russians picked us a villa), I was dazzled by this doe-eyed beauty and the magic of the place; an aesthetic painting came to life. Little grief followed as my wandering thoughts were crafting fantasy, tamed reality interrupted them with my new job. I was appointed an ambassador to Jamaica with full diplomatic immunity.

The future was burning brighter as destiny was getting fuller. If you can hold splendor in your hands, you will be eternally detached from drama. With all of that, I was still a lured spy albeit a “Jazzy Bird”.  Tatiana shared with me the taste for extravagance while hating frumpy clothing. I can’t deny I became somehow jealous about her. For anyone dared to mess with her, he should expect to get severely pasted and rendered unconscious (I took up martial arts moving to Russia).

One day, as I was fixing the red barn by the villa, a black-tinted car pulled up, handing me a letter and a suitcase. The letter contained my new mission while the suitcase was weighed down with flat note(cash). Oh, money can be a friend or foe; an angel or a fiend. With cryptic instructions, I was set to find Ian Fleming’s secret unpublished book at “Golden Eye”. It is surmised to contain a wealth of information on top-secret operations of world war one and two. It will shed a light on many unsolved mysteries.

With lust for adventure, I found rainbows waiting after stormy times. Hey! Go ahead, mark me condemned, but you know, you would be laughing at shadows, for I will have the last laugh. Some people collapse in adversity, others gently fade away into despondency, cradling tiny hopes but not this speaker for I can squeeze blood out of a turnip bleeding victory over the mockers unlike a brother I have in New York; unfulfilled, moronic and boring. No goals, no fulfillment. To be honest, I was wrong giving him those captions lacking thespian talents (Came to find out later, on his recent visit to us in Crimea, he gifted me an Apple watch. Little I knew, the CIA connections. As I wore it on my wrist proudly, I was tracked like temptations, with no scruples on my part.)

Now, it was time to pack and head to the tropical island (the new job). As we

 

landed at Montego Bay, we were whisked away to our spacious beach-front cottage, overlooking a private lagoon on this 52-acre retreat. My lips parted with praise for this heavenly place with no pale imitations or inferior quality. The “Master Plan” called on me to employ my espionage skills, using a thermal camera to detect, analyze hidden ink with computer data backing verifying authenticity. In this case, Ian Fleming’s script. I had a wild thought. If this man ever crossed my path, we would be like colliding tides of vagrant souls.

One day, I booked the whole suite for me and Tatiana (around $10000 a night), setting about my search with an unfeigned devotion. With continued badgering abuse of the camera, I found the book tucked away…I muttered in jest to Tatiana, followed by a guffaw (She was taking a bath). I hear no answers so I got worried. I searched high and low to no avail. The pone wrung suddenly. It was a CIA agent who said: “We got your wife.” He cackled with laughter along his supercilious confidence. Anxiety ripped my innards out. I had to fly back to Crimea to plan my next move. My traitor-brother will pay dearly.

She will be forfended at any cost!   

© 2020 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great story, now that I'm reading it in the right order. You make this guy seem like a cross between a lunatic & a slick spy. I love how he blurts out his proclivities with no pretense or shame. (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Hehehe! So true and well said dear poet. I like how to be influenced by power, espionage and money. .. read more
"With lust for adventure, I found rainbows waiting after stormy times."
SSK

Posted 3 Years Ago


Hello Sami. A timely write considering the recent departure of the best Bond ever. I sensed the 007 flavour before reaching the give away. So now you have to use all your mastery and skills to rescue your wife from the clutches of the CIA. I liked the luxury setting, definitely had the 007 atmosphere. Love tales of espionage. Enjoyed this read very much. Thank you.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

My favourite Bond too as you point out. I like Roger Moore after him but did not care for the rest. .. read more
Nicely written Sami, I think you and Ken share the same gift! When you wrote the CIA has captured your wife I was expecting you to write Good you can keep her! but maybe next time lol:)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Hehehe. You are funny and amazing. Maybe next time. Thank you so much Andrew Mitchell for the visit .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

85 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2020
Last Updated on November 15, 2020

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil