This Kiss

This Kiss

A Story by Samantha
"

An autobiographical incident of My boyfriend and I's First kiss.

"

 

Everybody has a favorite memory. For some people it is a first day of school, a trip, or even the birth of a sibling. But my favorite memory is not just an event, but an entire person. The best thing about this memory is that it isn’t over yet. This memory is still being made. I want this memory to last forever.
Everybody has a first real boyfriend, a first kiss, and a first love. But how many people can say that this all occurs with that same person? Not many, I assume. Not many high school students have the maturity level to go through a relationship and make it last. But I can say all of this. His name is Taylor William Scarbrough, and this isn’t just one memory, but a number of them.
I met him last year, a day I will always remember. I do not remember the exact date, but I remember it was freshman year, and I was on my way to class with a friend. We were walking through the “F” academy on our way to fourth block. I was on my way to geography, my friend to algebra, and Taylor to athletics. She knew him somehow already, and when he saw her he came up to say hello. I wasn’t formally introduced, but I remember looking at him and thinking about how cute I thought he was. I’ve liked him ever since.
We did not really get to know each other until April, When many of my friends ended up participating in Track and Field with him. We started spending time together with our mutual friends, and I began to like him more. On April 15, 2008, he offered to walk me home. This was the first time I would ever spend alone with him. So I seized the moment. We live near each other, so we were walking in the same direction anyways. We left the school around three o’clock after sitting at the school for a while and talking. We headed straight down Juniper Ave., towards both of our homes.
On the walk home, we talked about a countless number of things, since we didn’t know each other all too well yet. The conversation seemed to flow in abnormally natural and easy way, which made me realize why I liked him. I liked him because we had so much in common and so much to talk about.
Finally we reached the points where we needed to go in separate directions in order to get home. Neither of us wanted to leave yet, so we stood on the corner of Shaffer and Juniper. There we talked some more, and eventually the time came when we each had to get home, because it was almost 4:30. I hesitate and tried to delay the goodbye, and was contemplating in my mind what to do next. Finally I decided it was now or never, so I did it. I stepped up on my tip-toes and kissed him. After I looked back at him, he smiled and said, “That was a surprise.” Once more he smiled and then kissed me again. After that, I finally left, satisfied.
            The rest of the way home I was beaming. I felt like a little kid who had just received a gold star from her teacher. That day was the start of a relationship that has turned out to be grater than I had ever imagined or had ever dreamt of. We are still together and going strong, after going through many things together.

© 2009 Samantha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nicely written and interesting as humans always are to us in the Bovine world.

Just one small mistake "...to flow in abnormally natural ..." I think you need an "an" before abnormally. You are obeying the rules by punctuating properly, putting your thoughts in intelligent paragraphs and sentences that are not too long.

I do vacillate between my bull persona and my human one. As a human, my first love was more than 50 years ago, a young girl named Carol. I'll never forget her!

Keep writing, and I hope to see you in my meadow someday this summer!

BB


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am astounded at how well you put your favorite memory,and it is something that I would remember all too well if it ever happens to me,I wish I had the guts to do that with someone else I know,but I blew that chance.

Posted 14 Years Ago


a very sweet story and rather well written with obviosly genuine passion. this piece had me smiling for the author.

well done indeed :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nicely written and interesting as humans always are to us in the Bovine world.

Just one small mistake "...to flow in abnormally natural ..." I think you need an "an" before abnormally. You are obeying the rules by punctuating properly, putting your thoughts in intelligent paragraphs and sentences that are not too long.

I do vacillate between my bull persona and my human one. As a human, my first love was more than 50 years ago, a young girl named Carol. I'll never forget her!

Keep writing, and I hope to see you in my meadow someday this summer!

BB


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sweet.
Sounds like the beginning of an amazing love story.
Kudos to you for having the guts to do something most others could only dream of doing; showing someone how they truly felt about them.
I wonder why it's so hard...*smile*
Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 26, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..