Prometheus: Paradise Fallen

Prometheus: Paradise Fallen

A Screenplay by Sam Ammons
"

A spec script for a sequel to the 2012 motion picture "Prometheus".

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PROMETHEUS:

Paradise Fallen

 

 

 

 

 

 

Written by

 

Samuel C. Ammons

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FADE IN:

 

WHITE

 

EXT.  PLANET, ATMOSPHERE - DAY

 

Soaring through white clouds high above a planet.  Down and down until --

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, VALLEY - DAY

 

Plunging over a cliff, falling like water from the waterfall -- Filling the pool underneath.  Crystal clear.  Untouched.  FREE -- soaring above the water -- following the raging river as it SNAKES its way through a lush green valley. 

 

Treetop level now, a prehistoric village on the river's edge.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY/VILLAGE - DAY

 

Sounds.  -- TINK -- --TINK-- --TINK-- following the sound in the village.  Mud huts.  Thatched roofs.  Simple.  Timeless.  Women cook meals by small fires.  Men stretch animal hides between wooden frames to dry in the sunlight.  UNCOMPLICATED.  Until -- The back of a lone man wearing animal skin clothing.

 

Before him, a stone building unlike any other in the village.  Stones carved to fit together perfectly.  He works a STONE hammer with a wood handle.  His chisel, an ANTLER FROM A DEER.  He is adding to the structure.

 

ANOTHER SOUND -- Ominous.  MECHANICAL HUM.  RUMBLE.  TO A HIGH PITCHED WHINE.  The man stands.  HE IS A NEANDERTHAL. 

 

He walks around the house to the edge of the village.  Others in the village join himThey appear to be modern humansAlmost childlike next to him.

 

They look toward the end of the valley.  And there sits a black cylindrical tower miles away reaching the clouds above the surrounding mountains.  The sound grows louder and louder.  It becomes uncomfortable, some of them put their hands over their ears.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY/TOWER - DAY

 

The sound changes, as a purple blue orb races from the top of the tower. -- BBFFFZZZZ --  It glows brighter as it races through the clouds flying toward the valley below.  The ball of energy shrinks to nothing just above the treetops.  And then beyond noise -- BFOOOOMMM --

2.

 

EXT.  VALLEY/VILLAGE - DAY

 

The Neanderthal's face.  His eyes wide.  REALIZATION.  He knows he is about to die.  The light rushes toward him in the reflection of his eyes.

 

Only the black of his eyes.  Dots of white hot debris and flame rushing toward him.

 

SILENCE

 

BLACK

 

 

EXT.  PANDORA/TARTARUS - SPACE

 

Billions of stars come into focus inside the black of space.  NO SOUND, one of those pinpoints of light grows larger.  In a FLASH, it is not a star but a spaceship RACING TOWARD US AND THROUGH US.  The familiar HORSESHOE shaped craft of the Engineers.  THIS IS THE PANDORA.  -- A flashAnother vessel races past.

 

A ship is chasing the PANDORA.  More familiar.  HUMANS built this one. The word TARTARUS is painted on the hull in bold stenciled letters.  A WARSHIP.  We hear something for the first time. 

 

The crackled garbled voices from a radio comm gives a confusing crescendo of noise.  Indistinct.

 

Both ships slow.  The TARTARUS moves toward the PANDORA.  Are they going to FIRE on the TARTARUS?  Gun turrets swivel, it seems, just for that purpose--

 

But, no.  The TARTARUS matches it's speed.  Slowly descending, getting closer and closer until--

 

 

INT.   PANDORA, CORRIDOR - SPACE

 

A long dark HALLWAY.  Deafeningly silent.  Empty. -- CLUUUUNK -- heavy metal hitting HARD against metal.  The sound echoes and re-echoes down the passage.  Again, SILENCE.  Is there a glow in the hallway?  Two burning points of white light appear from the roof.  And SUDDENLY--

 

BRIGHTNESS.  Showers of sparks rain down into the passage from the plasma cutters

 

 

(CONTINUED)

3.

CONTINUED:

 

rotating like a clock.  Sparks bounce off the floor and walls as thousands of molten metal fireflies live for a heartbeat before extinguishing.   A THUNDEROUS --CLAAAAANGBBBBOOOOMMMM--.  A round piece of ceiling CRASHES to the floor.  Ropes appear just as quickly.  Eight figures repel from the still GLOWING hole.  THEY ARE SILOUHETED IN THE DARKNESS.  

 

Weapons at the ready.  Prepared for any threat from either direction.  It doesn't come.

 

Their SPACESUITS sleek -- helmets small and UNCOMBERSOME.  Face shields small, glowing dimly in the darkness.  Large EYES.  They are made for a purpose.  A schematic of the HORSESHOE craft flashes on the eyes of one of them. Their leader. We will come to know him as LIEUTENANT MAX GABRIEL.  We will see later chiseled muscles, match his looks. 

 

Using hand signals, he motions for three of their number to stay here, then for two to lead the way into the dark hallway.  The rest follow them.  They come to a DOOR.  It's already opened.  The two look back.  Gabriel nods, motions them forward.  Another corridor which is identical to the previous one. 

 

GABRIEL'S POV: Night vision giving EVERYTHING A GREENISH HUE. A map of the space vessel in the periphery. Their destination a scarlet rose of red.

 

A blue glow from ahead slows their pace BACK IN THE REAL WORLD.  They reach the door.  The BRIDGE of the ship.  The holographic star-field map hovers and fills the room. 

 

 

INT.  PANDORA, BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - SPACE

 

The five soldiers RUSH the room with a signal from Gabriel.  The map blinks out. 

Standing by the controls is ELIZABETH SHAW.  Beautiful.  Muscles in her jaw ripple. 

 

                     GABRIEL

          Doctor Shaw! Don't move!

 

Three SOLDIERS grab her. 

 

                     GABRIEL

          Restrain her. 

 

 

      (CONTINUED)

4.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL (CONT'D)

               (to Elisabeth)

          Where's the android, Doctor Shaw?  David?

 

Realize for the first time there is a woman with Gabriel and his men.  She is AKARI.  Extremely beautiful and sexy.  Just as deadly. . SHE HAS A SWORD SHEATHED AT HER SIDE.  Akari walks over to the control console and--

 

AKARI

           He is here.

 

She lifts David's severed head up by the hair.  His body is lying on the floor not far away. Two soldiers, CORPSMAN GRAY and PETTY OFFICER RAMIREZ bind Shaw's hands in front of her.  David's eyes flicker in her direction.  They exchange a look.

 

                     DAVID

               (looking at Akari)

          Is there a problem, miss? 

 

                     SHAW

          Who are you people?  The radio message said. . .                 

 

                     GABRIEL

          I'm Lieutenant Max Gabriel.  I'm with the Colonial Navy.

          Someone has questions for both of you.   

              (beat)

          You two,

              (he points at them)

          bag the android's body and head.  We take it with us.  Akari,

          escort the good doctor to our extraction point.  We'll put

          them both inside CONTAINMENT PODS to return to the

          TARTARUS.

 

MASTER CHEIF TONY HARRIS, a burly man, grizzled and born to fight, takes David's head from Akari.  Ramirez and Gray are busy loading David's body into a containment bag.  Harris unceremoniously PLOPS David's head onto his body with a THUMP. 

 

                    HARRIS

               (a laugh)

          Let's hope all the Kings horses and all the King's men can

          put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

 

(CONTINUED)

5.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

Akari motions for Shaw to 'lead the way'.  Who in turn, looks hard at Harris, and is about to protest when a beeping radio breaks the silence.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER RADIO)

          Go.

 

                    COMMAND CONTROLLER (OVER RADIO)

          Status?  Over.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Packages are in hand.  We need two isolation pods waiting

          at our entry point for extraction.  Black Jack Six, out.

 

And we CUT TO:

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, MEDICAL BAY ISOLATION CELLS - SPACE

 

Blazingly white room.  Two people in medical coats walk around doing tasks they were assigned, while Gabriel, Harris, Ramirez, and Gray stand guard.  Half the room is cocooned with a three inch thick PLEXIGLASS BOX.  The personnel in this area wear self contained hazmat suits.  Shaw is inside, sitting on an exam table, dressed in a white gown. 

 

David is in the other bed wearing the same type of gown.  Technicians are reattaching his head.  Tools lay around them on different trays, and carts.  Shaw and David's containment pods are open on the floor. 

 

A woman in her late thirties with the name CRANE on her suit, gathers up David and Shaw's clothes.  She walks over to a hatch with red stenciled letters above it reading:  DANGER INCENDIARY SHOOT DISPOSAL ONLY and throws the clothing inside.  There is a satisfying ROAAARRRR and a WHOOOSSHH as the material burns to dust and then --

 

 

EXT.  TARTARUS HULL, WASTE TUBE - SPACE

 

 -- gets blown into space. 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

 

INT.  TARTARUS, MEDICAL BAY ISOLATION CELL - SPACE

 

Doctor Crane walks to Shaw.

 

                     CRANE

           Doctor Shaw?  I need to take a blood sample.

 

Shaw nods, and extends her arm.  Crane gathers the needle and tubes from the small tray beside the table.

 

                      CRANE

               (to technician)

           Can you gather the samples from David before they seal

           him up, please?

 

The technician nods and gets what he needs from different cabinets.  Sponges and swabs of every size.  He walks over to David and starts taking swabs of his entire body.  He starts at the android's feet and works his way up to the wire exposed neck.

 

                    TECHNICIAN

            I need a sample from your mouth.

 

                       DAVID

            Very, well.

 

David opens his mouth wide obligately.  The Technician then takes samples from the inner workings of David's neck.  He looks around a moment and slips something from inside his utility belt.  DID HE CLIP SOMETHING TO DAVID'S INTERNAL WIRING?  He dabs the object with a sponge, pushing the object from view.  When he's done they begin to spray a material onto David's neck where his head had separated from his body.  It begins to repair his synthetic skin.

 

The tear begins to disappear, until finally -- David sets up, and they repeat the process to his shoulders and back.  Before long -- he's completely repaired.  He turns his head back and forth to see if he's whole once more. 

 

He is.

 

Crane has finished drawing blood from Shaw.  She places everything back onto the tray with the other samples.

                      

                   

 

(CONTINUED)

7.

CONTINUED:

 

                    CRANE

          If you could come over here, Doctor Shaw,

              (points)

          We need to get a full body scan.

 

                    SHAW

          Is that necessary?

 

                     CRANE

          I can assure you that without it,

              (a beat)

          you will not leave this containment cell.

 

Shaw climbs into the body imager, and lies on her back.  It's a bunk built into the wall with a transparent door swinging down to enclose the machine, which Crane does by tapping on the control pad on the wall.  Crane steps back to a read a holographic display. 

 

 

INT.  BODY SCANNER, MEDICAL BAY ISOLATION CELL - SPACE

 

The machine bathes Shaw in a candescent light moving over her body in waves.  Her eyes dart around.  Not focusing on one thing long, like her mind.

 

                 SHAW

              (nervous)

          What is this for?

 

                 CRANE (O.S.)

          Almost done.

 

 

INT.  SHAW'S INTERNAL BODY - SPACE

 

Shaw's body is displayed in layers, as if the machine were stripping them off one by one. 

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, MEDICAL BAY ISOLATION CELL - SPACE

 

Something catches Crane's eye.  She fingers the display screen.  She discards the layers

of the scan she doesn't want with a wave of her hand, as if she were shooing away a bothersome fly. 

 

(CONTINUED)

8.

CONTINUED:

 

                    CRANE

          -- Skin -- no -- Muscles -- no -- Vascular -- no -- Internal

          Organs --yes!

 

Crane fingers the image zooming in on Shaw's abdomen.  Closer and closer until--

 

 

INT.  SHAW'S REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS - SPACE

 

Uterus, and two ovaries right where they should be -- which is --

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS - SPACE

 

                     CRANE (O.S.)

           Impossible.  Yes, Sir.

 

We pull back from Shaw's internal organ scan to reveal --

 

A MONITOR

 

CAPTAIN NATHAN JESSUP is looking at Shaw's body scan on a monitor built into the table.  The captain's quarters are large.  Awards, and medals hang from the wall.  A bed is in the corner.  Crane and Jessup are sitting at a conference table.  Jessup is in his mid to late fifties.  Silver hair with a mustache. 

 

                 CRANE

          Shaw's medical history was downloaded before we left, Sir.

          All of them were --  the entire crew.  Elizabeth Shaw

          was diagnosed with ovarian cysts at the age of twenty due

          to exposure to Ebola when she was a child.  Both were

          removed.  But, as you can see,

              (taps the image)

          they have grown back.

 

                 YUTANI (O.S.)

          And you think it was the alien parasite that caused Doctor

          Shaw's regeneration?

 

Jessup looks across the room.  He obviously had forgotten KAYA YUTANI was sitting on his couch. 

 

(CONTINUED)

9.

CONTINUED:

 

Yutani is a businesswoman in her forties.  She looks twenty eight.  She leans forward to place the teacup she holds on the table in front of her.  Akari stands next to the couch, she is agelessly beautiful.  Her back to the wall with the sword still at her side although she has removed her spacesuit.  A PISTOL HANGS FROM HER SHOULDER HOLSTER.  Her hair is pulled into a ponytail. 

 

Yutani rises to her feet, and both walk to the conference table.  Yutani sits down, but --

Akari stands behind her.  Again with her back against the wall.

 

                 CRANE

          Yes, ma'am, I do.  Her blood work shows that she was pregnant.       

          Elevated. . .

 

                 YUTANI

              (interrupts)

          I believe you, Doctor.  Is there any sign of the alien pathogen?

 

The word evokes images of horror.  All present feel immediately uneasy. .

 

                 CRANE

          None.  Both she and David were thoroughly examined. 

          There is no trace of it.  No trace of foreign tissue or

          pathology of any kind.  And her abdominal wound is

          completely healed.  I removed the staples myself.

 

Yutani and Jessup exchange a long look.  Jessup turns and looks into the archway leading into his private alcove.  A MAN IS STANDING IN THE DARKNESS --  a shadow against the backdrop of outer space --

 

                 JESSUP

          What do you think?

 

Still can't make out who this is, until he steps into the room.  HE IS --

 

                 WEYLAND

          Doctor Shaw and David know what happened onboard the

          PROMETHEUS.       

              (a beat; angrily)

          And I would like to hear what happened.  Wouldn't you?

 

NICHOLAS WEYLAND we recognize.  He is almost the mirror image of the android

 

(CONTINUED)

10.

CONTINUED:

 

BISHOP.  He is no android, but flesh and blood.  Visibly older with silver hair and a silver goatee.  Confidence and a kind of DARKNESS exudes from this man.

 

Jessup pushes a comm button on his table.

 

                 JESSUP

              (into comm panel)

          Bring them up, Lieutenant.

 

                 GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Aye, Aye, Sir.  On our way.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, MEDICAL BAY ISOLATION CELLS - INTERCUT - SPACE

 

                 JESSUP (OVER COMM)

          And Lieutenant?

 

                    GABRIEL

              (into comm panel)

          Sir?

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS - INTERCUTTING - SPACE

 

                 JESSUP

          Bring three men with you.

 

                 GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Roger that, Sir.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS MEDICAL BAY ISOLATION CELL - SPACE

 

Gabriel and his men are in their fatigues now.  They all wear sidearms.  Gabriel regards his men sitting in chairs with their feet up on desks, then walks over to the secure door, separating the sealed cocoon from the rest of the room.  He punches on the translucent keypad and is welcomed by a female voice --  A computer network ingrained in every system of the ship.  MOTHER CHANLLEGES TO OPEN THE DOOR.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

11.

CONTINUED:

 

                 MOTHER

          WARNING!  Authorized entry only.  Please verify with

          voice Authorization.

 

                 GABRIEL

          Gabriel.  Max.  J.  Authorization code Tango Hotel Four

          One Six.

 

The airlock door opens with a -- WWHHOOOSSSHHH -- Gabriel's men rise to their feet.  He doesn't notice as he walks to the inner sealed hatch and opens it without pause.  Shaw and David stand.

 

                  GABRIEL

          Doctor Shaw.  David.  If you would follow me, please?

 

                  SHAW

              (following Gabriel)

          Where are we going?

 

                  GABRIEL

          Captain Jessup wants to debrief you two personally.

                   

                    SHAW

          Debriefing? 

 

                    GABRIEL

          How was the PROMETHEUS destroyed?  How you contracted

          an alien parasite? 

 

They were at the exit door of the medical bay now.

 

                 SHAW

              (breathless)

          How do you know about that?

 

                 GABRIEL

          I'm not supposed to talk with you about these things ma'am.

 

Gabriel stands at the door as it opens.  SHFFFT!

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

12.

CONTINUED:

 

                 GABRIEL

              (motions with hand)

          After you, Doctor Shaw.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, VARIOUS HALLWAYS - SPACE

 

Gabriel and Shaw exit the medical bay together.  David follows close behind with Harris, Ramirez, and Gray close behind.  The hallway is empty for the most part.  Any crewmen they encounter walks by quickly when they cross paths with the party or avoids them entirely.  David takes this all in and looks at Gabriel just as they are passing the main medical bay. 

 

Windows allow them to see Crane as she adjusts a crewman's shoulder sling tighter to bring his arm tightly against his chest.  Another soldier lies in a bed asleep, monitors displaying her vital signs above her head.

 

                    DAVID

              (to Gabriel)

          What does it mean?  SEALS?

 

David is looking at Gabriel's unit patch sewn into his fatigues on his left chest.  The insignia consists of a eagle clutching a Colonial Navy anchor, trident, and flintlock style pistol with SEALS sewn underneath.

 

                          HARRIS

              (behind David)

          That stands for SpacE, Air, Land, and Sea.  S-E-A-L-S. 

          Which means we orbit dropped to the dark side of the moon,

          and did live fire exercises,

              (pats Gray's shoulder)

          Doc here launched himself forty feet in the air after a long

          burst from his weapon.  He was two klicks away before we

          managed to get a line to him.

               (a laugh)

          Parachuted into Reno from the Ionosphere, humped across the

          desert to Vegas, and dove down to the deep blue where the

          pressure will make your a*s pucker.  Then after lunch, we

          learned how to make explosives from a stick of chewing gum,

          and a stripper's lipstick.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

13.

CONTINUED:

 

                 RAMIREZ

          Yeah, I remember that stripper from Norfolk, Master Chief.

          They didn't call her TNT for nothing.

 

They all laugh, as Gabriel taps the button to call the lift.  It arrives almost immediately.  VRUUSSHHH! The doors open.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, ELEVATOR - SPACE

 

No one speaks in the elevator for what seems like an eternity.  Shaw, David notices, seems to be counting down with the elevator indicator on the wall.  50 -- 49 --48 until he breaks the silence.

 

                    DAVID

          So, the insignia is a status symbol?

 

                    GABRIEL

          In a manner of speaking.  It represents our commitment,

          and our participation of the most difficult training the Colonial

          Military has to offer.

 

                    DAVID

          And now?  The training is over.  What could it represent now?

 

The doors open on the fifth level.  The hanger bay is visible behind an Ensign DECKARD.  

 

Male and female soldiers service various craft on the line.  She stops mid step when she notices the group in the elevator.

 

                    DECKARD

          Um, I'll just catch the next one, Lieutenant.

 

She manages before the doors close between them.  The elevator continues on it's way.

 

                    DAVID

          Lieutenant?  What does the insignia symbolize to you now?

 

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

14.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL

          Something more than the blood, sweat, and tears it took

          for them to put it on our chest. 

 

Gabriel turns and looks directly at David.  Gabriel feels this is something important for the android to understand.

 

                    GABRIEL (CONT'D)

          One word that describes everything we did to earn it,

          and know our training is never over.  One word to tell

          everyone who sees it that our commitment to each other

          is important, and everyone who wears it understands we

          must earn that privilege everyday.

 

                    DAVID

          And that word is?

 

                    GABRIEL

          Teammate.

 

The elevator stops at Level Two.  The doors slide open and they exit to --

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, HALLWAY - SPACE

 

They continue on in silence until coming to a pair of substantial doors.  Overhead words are stenciled in block letters 'CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS'.  Gabriel raps his knuckles on the door frame.

 

                    JESSUP (O.S.)

          Come.

 

The doors open.  Shaw, David, and Gabriel enter. 

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS - SPACE

 

Captain Jessup is sitting at his conference table.

 

                    JESSUP

          Your men can return to their duties, Lieutenant.

 

(CONTINUED)

15.

CONTINUED:

 

Gabriel looks over at Harris, while Ramirez and Gray strain to see who's in the room. 

 

                    GABRIEL

          Tony, have the men do an equipment check.

 

Harris nods, letting the door close between them.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, HALLWAY - SPACE

 

                    GRAY

          Why'd we get disinvited to the party at the last minute?

 

                    HARRIS

              (shrugs)

          Lt. Will brief us on what we have to know.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Hm, I think I tore some muscles when we were cabling the

          robot out of that ship. 

 

Ramirez rubs his shoulder, while rotating his arm.

 

                    RAMIREZ (CONT'D)

          Maybe Doctor Crane can square me away?

 

                    GRAY

          I can take a look at that if you want, Ramirez.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Uh, no thanks, Doc.  I think I might need an x-ray or a

          shot or something.

 

Ramirez disappears around a corner of the hallway.

 

                    GRAY

          I have a hundred that says he doesn't get anything.

              (a beat)

          Except maybe needles in him.

 

                    HARRIS

              (grins)

          You're on.

16.

 

INT.  TARTARUS, CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS - SPACE

 

Captain Jessup is sitting at the head of the conference table, with Yutani, and three other men sitting to his right.  They are ANDILE KAPONO, ALISTER BLAIR, and NATHAN DANIELS.  Akari is standing behind Yutani.  Weyland is sitting at the other end. 

 

                    DAVID

          Hello, Mr. Weyland.

 

Can David be surprised?  Shaw looks at him.  David appears to be becoming more, and more alive to her.

 

                    SHAW

              (to David)

          Mr. Weyland?

 

                    DAVID

          Yes.  This is Peter Weyland's brother, Nicholas.  Vice

          President, and Chief Operating Officer of Weyland Industries.

              (a beat)

          I'm sorry.  You are President now.  Yes?  C.E.O. of Weyland

          Industries.

 

Was that -- CONTEMPT?

 

                    WEYLAND

          I have you and Doctor Shaw to thank for that don't I?  Why

          don't you take a seat and explain to me how my brother dies

          on a archaeological dig to find Ponce de Leon's fountain of

          youth?

 

David and Shaw seat themselves across from the firing squad.  Gabriel takes a seat in the empty chair next to Jessup.  The last few days catches up with Elisabeth Shaw.  She wants answers and she wants them -- now!

 

                    SHAW

              (angrily)

          Just wait a damn minute!  David and I didn't kill Peter

          Weyland.  The beings who created that. . .the nightmare

          on LV-223 killed him.  One was in cryostasis.  How do

          you know what we were here to do?

              

(CONTINUED)

17.

CONTINUED:

 

If Weyland is taken aback, he doesn't show it.  He leans forward instead, and clasps his

hands together in front of him on the table.  Weyland is extremely calm in replying.

 

                    WEYLAND

          My brother informed me of his plan, Doctor Shaw.  And yours.

          Peter Weyland may have been foolish, but he was not a fool

          He prepared this second MILITARY EXPEDITION as a precaution

          in case your

              (air quotes)

          'ENGINEERS' were hostile.  He had us wait at specific

          coordinates, but would not tell anyone the exact location

          of LV-223.  When the Prometheus was destroyed by colliding

          with the ALIEN SHIP, an ERB was jettisoned.

 

                    SHAW

              (confused)

          An herb?

 

                    DAVID

          No, Doctor Shaw.  An E-R-B, also known as an Emergency

          Records Beacon.  It records all ships computer log information

          into a capsule and launches it to safety so it can be recovered.

 

                    WEYLAND

          Yes, but this one --

 

He taps on the table's console, and a holographic image of a eight foot sphere pops up. 

 

                    WEYLAND (CONT'D)

          -- recorded everything from the time Prometheus left Earth's

          orbit, to the time it crashed into that other ship, but it

          contained no data of the Prometheus' precise location.  We

          know almost everything that happened, just not where it

          happened.  But, you and David know the location of LV-223. 

 

Weyland looks at David like a starving wolf looks at an injured fawn.

 

                    WEYLAND

          Don't you, David?

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

18.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    SHAW

              (loudly; scared)

          You can't tell him, David.

 

She hovers between standing and sitting.  SHAW MUST MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND.

 

                    SHAW

          YOU CANNOT GO TO THAT PLANET!  Charlie and

          I were completely wrong about them.  It wasn't an invitation.

          It was a warning.  What's down there killed everyone.

              (a beat)

          The Engineers had every intention of bringing it to Earth.

          Nothing can be gained by going back.

 

                    YUTANI

          We do not wish to go back to the planet, Doctor Shaw.

              (a look)

          As Nicholas has said, we know what happened.  We know

          about the alien pathogen, and what it did.  We were hoping

          that you and David could fill in some gaps for us.  The first

          being --

              (to David)

          Why you didn't tell anyone on the Prometheus that Doctor

          Shaw was carrying an alien symbiote?

 

Shaw looks at David astounded.

 

                    DAVID

          Mr. Weyland knew.  He gave me specific orders to tell

          everyone else she was injured when Doctor Holloway was

          killed, and that she may be infected with the same pathogen.

          She was to be put into a medical containment

          suit and placed in cryostasis for the return trip home, until

          such time as Mr. Weyland's medical personnel could discover

          how she had regenerated.

 

                    SHAW

              (breathless)

          Regenerated?

 

 

(CONTINUED)

19.

CONTINUED:  (3)

 

                    YUTANI

          Yes.

 

Yutani taps on the console and Shaw's body scan is displayed, showing her healed abdomen then zooms in closer and closer to display her --

 

 

INT.  SHAW'S INTERNAL ORGAN BODY SCAN - SPACE

 

A complete image of Shaw's reproductive organs.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS - SPACE

 

 

                    YUTANI

          The alien symbiote was somehow able to regenerate your

          organs.  Completely.

 

                    WEYLAND

          And where were you two going in the alien ship?

              (to David)

          You can read and speak their language?

 

David nods.  David realizes he already knew the answer.

 

                    WEYLAND (CONT'D)

          My brother wanted his fountain of youth, I on the other

          hand, am interested in technology.  Weyland Industries

          and the Yutani Corporation have vested interests in improving

          our deep space vehicle's propulsion systems, cryostasis

          chambers, and our terraforming endeavors.

 

Weyland taps the console, and a collage of scenes from the Engineer's structure is displayed -- THE HOLE WHERE WATER IS CASCADING AND THE PROMETHEUS CREW FIRST DESCOVERED THERE WAS AN ATMOSPHERE INSIDE THE STRUCTURE, THE ENGINEER'S BRIDGE, THEIR CRYOSTASIS CHAMBERS -- Shaw taps the console and the images vanish.

 

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

20.

CONTINUED: 

 

                    SHAW

          I told you. 

              (certain)

          If you go to LV-223 you all will die

 

                    WEYLAND

          Where were you two going in the alien ship?  "Once more

          unto the breach, dear friends"?

 

Shaw and David exchange a glance.

 

                    DAVID

          Doctor Shaw wished to find out why the Engineers had

          intended to destroy all life on Earth.

 

                    YUTANI

          So it was your intention to seek out another Engineer world?

          That's where you two were going when we intercepted you?

 

Yutani taps the console.  A portion of Shaw's recorded message plays back for all of them to hear.

 

                    SHAW (RECORDING)

          . . .my name is Elizabeth Shaw.  Last survivor of the Prometheus. 

          And I'm still searching.

 

                    WEYLAND

          So I propose you continue you're journey, with our

                    (indicates himself and Yutani)

          team.  In addition to military support.  You get your answers,

          and Miss Yutani and I will share technologies our team is

          able to recover.  David of course, will have to go along.

 

                    SHAW

          And if we refuse?

 

She looks at David.  Weyland leans forward.  He anticipated Shaw's reaction.

 

                    WEYLAND

              (coldly; methodological)

          Then we tear David apart, circuit by circuit.

 

(CONTINUED)

       21.

CONTINUED:  (2)       

 

                    YUTANI

          And then we find the translation matrix we need, and the

          location of LV-223 and any other coordinates of alien

          planets which may have what we're looking for, and you

          my dear, will be put into cryosleep until we return to Earth.

 

                    JESSUP

          Crews have been on the alien ship since we boarded.  They

          have been analyzing her engines.  They are very remarkable

          as Mr. Weyland's physicist Dr. Andil Kapono has said.

 

                    KAPONO

              (excited)

          Yes.  Their technology is thousands, perhaps hundreds of

          thousands of years ahead of our own.  The Engineer's ships

          are capable of going far further, and at greater speed.  We

          could send our ships out to explore the edges of our galaxy

          without decades passing back on Earth.  Mining for raw

          material on some distant asteroid or planet would not only

          become a viable solution, but could potentially be common

          place.  Their cryostasis chambers -- Professor Alister Blair

          could tell you more.

 

                    BLAIR

          Very similar to ours, but without the limitations.  Cryosleep

          sickness would be a thing of the past.  We could put someone

          inside their system for. . .well, there possibly could be

          no limit.  And the terraforming technology Doctor Lisa

          Daniels --

          (a pause)

          Well she has examined the video recordings from the

          Prometheus crew.

 

Daniels gestures to Blair.  He taps the console and calls up the Prometheus scans from the atmosphere.  --IT READS:  OXYGEN 21%, NITROGEN 71% AND CO2 3.5%.

 

                    DANIELS

          Preliminarily scans from the Prometheus indicates that

          the planet's atmosphere is poisonous.  We can't confirm

          this because we don't know the exact location, but --

 

 

(CONTINUED)

22.

CONTINUED:  (3)

 

Daniels taps the console herself this time, and we see an image of the inside of the alien structure.  It's atmospheric readouts are all in the green, with no CO2 levels.

 

                    DANIELS (CONT'D)

          I believe the Engineers were in the process of terraforming

          the entire planet, not just inside their structure.

 

                    JESSUP

          Most importantly, Doctor Shaw, is the danger these Engineers

          of yours could potentially pose to Earth.  That is

          partially why Lieutenant Gabriel and his team will go

          with Mr. Weyland's and Miss Yutani's researchers.

 

He looks at Gabriel.  This is why Jessup brought him to this meeting.

 

                    JESSUP

          Lieutenant Gabriel will ascertain what threat the

          Engineers pose to Earth.  He will gather as much information

          as he can about their weapons of mass destruction, intelligence

          on their capabilities, while protecting the civilian researchers.

 

Gabriel realizes he's just had a very long mission briefing.  And most of it he didn't like at ALL.

 

                    GABRIEL

          But, Sir, this is a potential clusterf --

 

                    JESSUP

          I hear you, Lieutenant.  But we all have our orders.  Even

          me.  We knew what this might entail when that ERB showed

          up out of nowhere.

 

Gabriel sighs and leans back.  He looks at both David and Shaw.

 

                    GABRIEL

          So, am I understanding this correctly, Sir?  You want

          David to give us the coordinates to another Engineer

          world?  We go there with him, Dr. Shaw, Dr. Kapono, and

          the rest, and you want my team and I to safeguard them

          while we all get intel on a hostile alien race?

 

 

(CONTINUED)

23.

CONTINUED:  (4)

 

                    JESSUP

          Dr. Shaw has said these beings had every intention of

          exterminating all life on Earth, Lieutenant.  We need to

          know.  And if Mr. Weyland and Miss Yutani get the

          technology they need. . .Like I said, we all have our orders,

          Max.  That is if David can give us the location of another

          Engineer world.

 

                    DAVID

          I don't have much of a choice.  While I do not feel pain,

          being dismantled holds no appeal to me.

 

                    SHAW

          We were going there, anyway.  I think we can accomplish

          together, what David and I couldn't alone.

 

 

SMASH TO:

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS GUEST QUARTERS --SPACE

 

The room is dark, save for the starlight coming through the single large window in what is the hull of the ship.  All is quiet.  David stands at the window looking outward, thinking whatever robots think.  Shaw is asleep behind him in a small bunk.  His bunk sits empty.  She mumbles something in her sleep.  David looks at her.  He c***s his head to one side in puzzlement.

 

 

INT.  JUGGERNAUT, BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - DAY

 

Shaw is standing in the bridge.  The holographic display is showing a course back to Earth.  

 

                    SHAW

          DAMNIT, David!  I told you I wanted to go to their

          home world.  Not return to Earth!

 

Shaw walks toward the navigational chair, which is turned away from the controls.  It spins toward Shaw and reveals -

 

 

(CONTINUED)

24.

CONTINUED:

 

David is not sitting in the chair.  IT IS AN ENGINEER.  Shaw is stunned.  She takes two steps backward as it rises from the chair.  One step of the giant, and the being is on top of her.  He seems to swell to his full height.  A PARENT STANDING OVER A SMALL CHILD.  Shaw turns to run, but it is faster.  The Engineer catches her in an iron-like grip.  It lifts her off the floor by her shoulders. 

 

Shaw's face, nose to nose with a TITAN.  THE BLACK OOZE starts coming out of it's mouth, eyes and nose.  Shaw screams.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS - SPACE

 

                    DAVID

          Doctor Shaw, wake up!

 

David is shaking her by the shoulders trying to wake her.  Shaw's EYES SNAP OPEN.  She stops struggling to get away.  David lets go of her.

 

                    DAVID

          I'm sorry, Ellie, but you were screaming.  I thought

          I should wake you.

 

                    SHAW

          How long have I been asleep?

 

                    DAVID

          Ten hours, fifteen minutes.

 

 He c***s his head to one side again.

 

                    DAVID

          What were you dreaming?

 

                    SHAW

          It doesn't matter.  And don't call me, Ellie.

 

She throws the blankets off, and gets out of bed.  A chime at the door.

 

                    SHAW

          Come in.

 

A soldier standing guard comes into the doorway.  Weapon drawn.

(CONTINUED)

25.

CONTINUED:

 

                    SOLDIER

          Is everything all right, Ma'am?

 

                    SHAW

          I'm fine.  It was just. . .I stubbed my damned toe.  Sorry.

 

He gives her a doubtful look, but puts his weapon away and backs out of the room, letting the door close.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS,  HALLWAY - SPACE

 

Nicholas Weyland and Kaya Yutani are walking down a hallway side by side.  There is absolutely no one in the corridor.  We get the distinct impression that this area is off limits.  Apparently this does not register with these two.  They go where they want to go.

 

                    WEYLAND

          She's getting a clear signal?

 

                    YUTANI

          Yes.  She's ready to proceed.

 

They come to a door with AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY STELLAR CRYPTOGRAPHY stenciled in large red letters.  Weyland places his palm on the console next to the door.  The door opens and they both step inside.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, STELLAR CRYPTOGRAPHY ROOM - SPACE

 

Electronic stations cover the entire floor of the room.  Weyland and Yutani walk past them all.  Row after empty row, until they come to the back of the room with a larger console.  Akari sits at this station, which looks like a transparent television screen.  A helmet much like the one David used to spy on Shaw's dreams sits in front of her.  She turns to them as they approach.

 

                    AKARI

          Everything is prepared, Miss Yutani.  The device we

          implanted into David's pathways is operational and ready

          to be activated.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

26.

CONTINUED:

 

                    YUTANI

          Very well, Akari.  Proceed.

 

Akari places the helmet on her head.  She taps the controls on the screen in front of her.

 

                    AKARI

          Beginning sync. . .NOW.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS - SPACE

 

We see David is standing by the window looking out to the stars.  A shower is running.  David blinks rapidly.  FASTER THAN ANY HUMAN BEING COULD EVER DO.  He twitches quietly for a moment before freezing entirely.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS/SHOWER - SPACE

 

We see Shaw through a fogged up shower door.  No reaction to what just happened.  She touches her stomach, feeling her abdomen.  The staples are gone, and not even a scar is visible.  She obviously has no idea what is happening to David in the other room.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, STELLAR CRYPTOGRAPHY ROOM - INTERCUT- SPACE

 

AKARI TAPS THE SCREEN CONSOLE, AND VIOLA --

 

                    AKARI

          We're in.

 

Information begins to rain down the translucent screen.  The written language of the Engineers, and an image of the INSTRUCTOR SIMULATION that helped DAVID PRACTICE THE ORAL LANGUAGE ABOARD THE PROMETHEUS.

 

                    AKARI

          Downloading the information, but I can't find the

          coordinates to LV-223 anywhere in his process core.

          Maybe it is deeper in his protected memory.

 

The screen goes blank, except for "SEARCHING. . .SEARCHING. . ." in the center of the picture.

 

 

27.

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS - INTERCUTTING - SPACE

 

David's whole body begins to tremble violently.  The sound of the shower has stopped.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS/SHOWER - SPACE

 

Shaw, beautiful as always, wears a bathrobe now.  She wipes away the steam from the mirror and we see close on her own reflection.  She sighs and begins to brush her hair.  She pauses and listens.  DID SHE JUST HEAR SOMETHING?

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, STELLAR CRYPTOGRAPHY ROOM - SPACE

 

                    WEYLAND

          Does DAVID know the coordinates of LV-223, Akari?

 

                    AKARI

          No.  David never knew where the planet was located, Mr.

          Weyland.  The communications that were beamed to the planet

          were preset in the comm system.  David didn't have to adjust

          it in any way.  He and Doctor Shaw were en route to the

          planet he indicated in the debriefing.  The ship didn't need

          David to input the coordinates of LV-223 to plot a course

          to the new destination.  Wait. . .I'm getting a

 

She taps a few controls.  Alarms begin to sound. WHOOOT WHOOOT.

 

                    AKARI

          DISCONNECTING LINK.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS - SPACE

 

David stops trembling, and at that moment Shaw opens the bathroom door and looks out.

 

                    SHAW

          Did you say something, David?

 

David doesn't say anything.  He slowly blinks a few times.

 

                    SHAW

          David?

 

28.

 

INT.  TARTARUS,  ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE ROOM - SPACE

 

AKARI taps the controls quickly and in quick succession.  The alarms stop.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, GUEST QUARTERS - SPACE

 

Shaw takes a couple of steps out of the bathroom toward David.

 

                    SHAW

          David?  Did you hear me?

 

                    DAVID

          What Doctor Shaw?

              (pause; looks at her)

 

                    SHAW

          Did you say something?

 

                    DAVID

          No.  I didn't.

 

She gives him a strange look before returning to the bathroom.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, STELLAR CRYPTOGRAPHY ROOM - SPACE

 

Akari pulls off the visored helmet, and looks at Weyland and Yutani.

 

                    YUTANI

          What happened?

 

                    AKARI

          David's neural center was almost corrupted by my presence

          in his coding.  I withdrew to avoid a system crash.

 

                    WEYLAND

          But, were you able to learn the language? 

 

                    AKARI

          Yes. 

 

Could Akari be another. . .

 

 29.

 

INT.  TARTARUS, HANGER BAY - SPACE

 

Close on David's face.  We pull back to -- THE HANGER BAY.  Row upon row of what looks like dragonflies, fighter planes, and a few looking like enormous bullfrogs, waiting to spring through the roof of the ship.  Our heroes are seated around one TRANSPORT with 01 painted on it's side.  The back doors are open, it's glass canopy eyes reflective.

 

                    JESSUP

              (clears throat)

          Lieutenant Gabriel and his men,

              (gestures)

 

Gabriel sits with his men.  IS THIS THE END OF THE BRIEFING?

 

                    JESSUP (CONT'D)

          will provide support and cover.  The research scientists

          are interested in any of the terraforming technology so

          important to Mr. Weyland and Miss Yutani. 

              (sternly)

          BUT, LET ME MAKE ONE THING CLEAR.  If the

          pathogen Doctor Shaw and David described in their

          debriefing is found on L.V. 267, I want you to get your

          asses out of there immediately.  If possible, avoid all

          contact with these Engineers.  Do not engage them in any way.

          Is that understood?

 

Murmurs of yes, sirs and aye, ayes.

 

                    JESSUP

          Very well.  Let's get it loaded.  Skids up in

              (looks at his watch)

          seven minutes.  Good Luck!

 

The group rises to their feet, gathering gear and weapons before heading toward the craft.  Jessup takes Gabriel aside.

 

                    JESSUP

              (quiet; sympathetic)

          Max, I know this is a s****y assignment.  I don't like it

          any more than you.  This mission has the potential of

          going tits up in no time, but get it done

 

(CONTINUED)

30.

CONTINUED:

 

Jessup leans closer to Gabriel.

 

                    JESSUP (CONT'D)

          But remember, technology or not, you get what you need,

          bug out and bring everyone home.  Clear?

 

                    GABRIEL

          Aye, aye, Sir.

 

The two men shake hands.  Jessup turns and joins Weyland and Yutani while Garbriel falls in behind Shaw as she follows David up the loading door of Zero One.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, HANGER BAY/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

The team, and technicians line the left and right of the craft.  They are buckling their belts.  The technicians and soldiers are wearing the same kind of suits Gabriel and his team wore when they first boarded the PANDORA, but without helmets. 

 

Their gear and equipment secured in between the rows of seats in the center of the craft.

 

David, Shaw, and Gabriel move to the head of the craft where Harris, Ramirez, and Gray are sitting along with three other SEALS.  Shaw and David take their seats, and Gabriel takes the last empty seat directly behind the pilots.

 

The co-pilot turns and looks at Gabriel.  WARRANT OFFICER HOLLY slides the visor up on her helmet.

 

                    HOLLY

          All loaded, Lieutenant?

 

                    GABRIEL

          Volunteers all tucked in.  You can close it up.

 

Holly flips some switches on the aircraft control panel, and the rear door begins to close.  It does so with a satisfying KERCLUNK.  Then the aircraft seems to squeeze them, as air pressurizes the cabin.  -- HISSSQUEEEK --

 

                    HOLLY (OVER RADIO)

          Control this is Transport Zero One.  We are buttoned up,

          ready to fly.  Over.

 

(CONTINUED)

31.

CONTINUED:

 

                    COMMAND CONTROLLER (OVER RADIO )

          Roger, that Zero One.  Elevator activating in three - two - one.

 

The craft is sitting on an elevator, and it begins to move.  Transport Zero One climbs higher and higher until there is a deep BBOOOMMCLUNK when it reaches the outer door. 

 

                    CONTROLLER

          Airlock sealed.  Outer door open on your mark, Zero One.

 

                    HOLLY

          Roger, that.  Outer door opening in three. . .two. . .one

 

Holly flips a switch on the console, and the outer doors slide open -- VVVWWWRRRR -- revealing the curtain of space. 

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Holly looks over at her pilot, CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER MILTON.

 

                    HOLLY (OVER COMM)

          You have the controls, Chief.

 

                    MILTON (OVER COMM)

          Roger.

 

Milton operates the controls of the craft and --

 

 

EXT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE, TARTARUS LAUNCH PAD - SPACE

 

Zero One launches into space with skilled ease.  A frog leaping from the hood of a car.

 

The craft races along the Tartarus, and flies into space.  The Pandora comes into view.  Majestic, and foreboding as it sits there against the black.  Milton flies Zero One closer and closer until he is directly overtop the larger vessel. 

 

We see a protuberance from the alien ship.  Milton hovers over the docking collar inching lower and lower until --

 

 

 

32.

 

INT.  ZERO ONE/PANDORA CORRIDOR - SPACE - CONTINUOUS

 

A soft -- kreeesshh -- Zero One has connected with the collar.

 

                    HOLLY

          Pressurizing collar, now.

 

She flips switches, and a loud -- WRRRSSHH -- is the result.  Gabriel walks to the center of the craft.  He presses a few buttons, and the hatch opens to the pressurized airlock below.  David, Harris, and Gray walk forward.

 

David begins to descend the ladder, and opens the airlock door leading into the PANDORA.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Start slow.  So we can see if the collar will withstand

          the stress.  Then, best speed possible, David.  The Tartarus

          cannot keep up, but she will follow using the beacon.

 

                    DAVID

          Understood, Sir.

 

David disappears into the opening, Harris follows, then Gray descending down into --

 

 

INT.  PANDORA, CORRIDOR - SPACE

 

The three of them are standing in the darkened hallway of the alien ship.  Harris, and Gray turn on flashlights.

 

                    HARRIS

          This place gives me the creeps.

 

                 GRAY

              (agrees; slowly)

          Five by five.

 

David, with AMUSEMENT on his face looks at them.

 

                    DAVID

              (smirk)

          Afraid of the dark, perhaps?

 

(CONTINUED)

33.

CONTINUED:

 

Harris shines his light in David's eyes.

 

                    HARRIS

          These b******s wanted to bombard Earth with a biological

          weapon.  To exterminate every living thing on an entire

          planet.  Using this ship.  That doesn't affect you? 

 

Harris is inches from David, now.

 

                    HARRIS

          No.  Because you are just a thing.  A puppet without it's

          master.  I noticed something on the Prometheus ERB;

          How did Doctor Holloway contract the alien pathogen, David?

 

David doesn't answer.  Harris grabs him by the suit with both hands.

 

                    HARRIS (CONT'D)

              (clenched teeth; whisper)

          I know.

              (a beat)

          If you do anything to compromise our lives, I swear I will

          rip your head off and beat you to death with it.

 

                    DAVID

              (calmly)

          Someone already tried.  It didn't work.

 

Gray touches Harris' shoulder.  Harris looks back, and nods letting go of David.

 

                     GRAY

          Let's get going, Tony.  That's we're here, Master Chief.  To

          keep an eye on him.

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Gabriel sits back in his seat behind the pilots.  Shaw looks at him.

 

                    SHAW

          Why did you volunteer for this mission? 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

34.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL

          Same reason you did.  To get answers.

 

                    SHAW

          Why do you think they decided to kill us?

 

                    GABRIEL

              (shrugs)

          I don't know.  We weren't what they expected?  Maybe 30,000

          years ago they learned how evil humankind is capable of

          becoming?

 

                    SHAW

          I'm wondering if they were going to destroy us, and were

          ready to do it 28,000 years later who stopped them? 

          And who would warn humans, in every ancient culture all

          over the Earth?

 

Shaw sits back.  She looks at Gabriel.  He averts the gaze.  Radio static, and then --

 

                    DAVID (OVER COMM)

          Zero One, this is David.  I am ready to proceed.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Copy, David.  We're go.

 

                    DAVID

          Engines are engaged.

 

 

EXT.  THE PANDORA/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

The Pandora begins to move.  Slowly.  Gabriel glances at the co-pilot.  She nods.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Everything is in the green, David.  You can increase speed.

 

                    DAVID

          Yes, Sir.  Increasing engines to eighty percent.

 

 

 

 

35.

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

There is a sudden lurch.  Gabriel looks at the pilots in the front.  They give him a thumbs up.

 

                    GABRIEL

          We are go, David.  Full power.

 

 

EXT.  PANDORA/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

The Pandora seems to pause for a second.  Then there is a bright -- FLASH -- from it's engines before it races off into the darkness and disappears into the distant stars.

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER RADIO)

          TARTARUS, this is Black Jack Six, to you copy, over?

 

                    JESSUP (OVER RADIO)

          Black Jack Six, this is Tartarus, we copy. 

 

                    GABRIEL

          Tartarus we are all in the green.  Beacon is active.  Over.

 

                    JESSUP

          Copy.  And God speed.  Out.

 

Gabriel looks around the cabin at everyone.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Three hours, people.  The captain has turned off the seat

          belt sign, so feel free to move about the cabin.

 

Everyone takes off their belts.  Shaw looks at Gabriel.

 

                    SHAW

          Mind if I catch up on my sleep?

 

                    GABRIEL

              (smiles)

          Feel free.

(CONTINUED)

36.

CONTINUED:

 

Shaw stretches her legs into David's empty seat, and closes her eyes to

 

BLACK

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Shaw awakes with a sudden jolt.

 

She grabs for a handhold, looking around in shock.

 

                    SHAW

          What's happened?

 

Gabriel, who had been speaking with the pilots, turns around.

 

                    GABRIEL

          We're here.

 

He points out the canopy cockpit window.  Shaw stands, and comes to the front.  A planet looms before them.

 

 

EXT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE/PANDORA - SPACE

 

The planet is half the size of the Earth.  It's binary suns, blazing white behind the planet.

 

Whereas, Earth is a BLUE MARBLE in space, this planet's vast oceans are an ALGAE GREEN.  Only two CONTINENTS can be seen, one is located on what is the plants equator, and the other on the southern pole.  The southern landmass is covered in WHITE ICE.

 

The Pandora banks SHARPLY to the right.

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Everyone is thrown off balance as the craft lurches to one side.  They look out the side portholes.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

37.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          David, what the hell was that?

 

                    DAVID (OVER COMM)

          Just a minute, Sir.

 

 

INT.  PANDORA, BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - SPACE

 

David is sitting in the iconic pilot's chair.  His hands flash over the controls above him.  He is welcomed with only negative sounds -- BBAAAHHH -- and -- VVRRRNMM --

 

If he does not feel PANIC, he certainly mimics it very well as he slides out of the chair and rushes to the navigation console.  David doesn't even bother sitting down, but just as he picks up the instrument to play the tune to activate the instruments, they turn on without input from him.

 

Harris, and Gray rise to their feet and walk over.                 

 

                    HARRIS

          What the hell is happening?

 

 David taps his comm.

 

                    DAVID (OVER COMM)

          Lieutenant Gabriel, I'm afraid to report, I am no longer in

          control of the ship.

 

S**T!

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Stunned silence.  The technicians look each other in shock.  No one anticipated this happening.

 

                    SHAW (OVER COMM)

          David, you and the others return to the transport immediately!

 

 

 

 

 

38.

 

INT.  PANDORA, BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - SPACE

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Roger that, Doctor Shaw. 

              (walking toward the door)

          We are already on our way.

             

He motions to David and Corpsman Gray.

 

                    HARRIS

          Let's go.

 

The three of them rush from the room.

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

It is not as calm in this craft.  Everyone except Gabriel and Shaw are panicked. Their questions race as fast as their brilliant minds.

 

                    KAPONO

          How are we supposed to --

     DANIELS

                                    -- will never be able to --

 

                    TECHNICIAN

          -- Not enough food, and water

      BLAIR

                                     -- Should have never --

 

Shaw puts her fingers to her lips, and whistles loudly.  Quiet.

 

                    SHAW

          Everyone calm down, please.  We are fine.  This is part of

          the reason we attached this transport to the alien ship.  We

          were to detach and make a separate landing remember?

 

                    GABRIEL

          She's right.  The Pandora team will just have to ride in

          with us. 

 

Harris climbs through the airlock at that moment.  Akari stands to help him.

 

                    (CONTINUED)

39.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL

          The Tartarus is a few hours, a day at most, from making

          orbit.  We have enough food and water on board to last

          twice that long.

 

David, and Gray climb out of the makeshift airlock.  Akari closes the door, and taps the controls to pressurize it.

 

                    SHAW

              (to David)

          What happened?

 

                    DAVID

          Unknown.  Something took control of the craft as we approached

          the planet.

 

                    GRAY

          Some sort of remote control?

 

                    DAVID

          It would appear so.

 

The co-pilot looks over her shoulder.

 

                    HOLLY

          You all had better strap in, we're beginning our entry turn.

 

The craft begins to turn on it's side.  Everyone sits, and begins to buckle themselves.

 

 

EXT.  TRANSPORT ONE/PANDORA - SPACE

 

The Pandora turns into orbit with the planet, the underside of the craft towards the atmosphere. 

 

It becomes a BURNING STREAK as it plunges into the atmosphere of the planet.   The smoking trail hangs across the face of the planet.

 

                    GABRIEL (O.S.)

          How are we doing, Chief.

 

 

 

40.

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - IONOSPHERE

 

It's a bumpy ride.  Some of the technicians have closed their eyes, while others look out the portholes in amazement.

 

                    MILTON

          All in the green, Sir.  The clamps are. . .

 

He checks.

 

                    MILTON (CONT'D)

          holding.  Looks like we're heading for the continent on

          the equator.

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE/PANDORA - DAY

 

The two vessels zoom through the daytime sky over the algae rich ocean.  We hear a loud BBBOOOMMM as it races through the clouds, and travels faster than sound in an atmosphere.

 

The sound of the craft pitches louder as the alien ship passes over beaches, and zooms across OPEN DESERT. 

 

A shadow from the alien craft pitch up and down as the ground underneath undulates in an UNENDING SEA OF SAND DUNES as high as buildings.

                   

Mountain ranges become visible.  A black mountain peak juts out of the otherwise barren landscape.

 

 

INT.  PLANET, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

                    MILTON

          Looks like we're heading for that mountain peak, Lieutenant.

 

Milton points out the cockpit window to the East.  The craft turns slightly, and it then lies dead ahead.

 

                    HOLLY

          Roger that, Sir.  Now it's at our twelve o'clock.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

41.

CONTINUED:

 

Shaw comes up between the pilots beside Gabriel.  She looks puzzled, then points out the window.

 

                    SHAW

          That's not a mountain top.

 

They all strain to see.

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE/PANDORA - DAY

 

The structure looms closer, as the alien ship carries them toward the mountain ranges. 

Sand dunes give way to flat rocky plains inside an enormous valley.  And there -- at the head of the valley -- a MASSIVE cylindrical object jutting out of the ground, towers into the sky. 

 

 

INT.  PLANET, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

Shaw and the rest are in awe.  Gabriel touches Milton's shoulder.

 

                    GABRIEL

          I think it's time we get off this ride, Chief.

 

                    MILTON

          Yeah, I think you're right, Sir.  Strap yourselves in.

 

Milton and Holly flip switches, and the engines to Zero One come to life.  Gabriel tightens his harness, looking across at Shaw who is doing the same. 

 

                    HOLLY

          On your count, Chief.

 

Milton nods taking the controls in hand.

 

                    MILTON

          In three, two, one -- release clamps!

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE/PANDORA - DAY

 

Milton expertly flies the transport up and away from the Pandora when the clamps release

(CONTINUED)

42.

CONTINUED:

 

the airlock.  The dwarfed transport keeps flies with the alien ship a few moments before banking to the left and dropping in altitude.

 

Zero One slows to a crawl, and the alien ship begins to widen the distance between them.

 

 

INT.  PLANET, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

Gabriel can SEE out of the cockpit.

 

                    GABRIEL

          There!

              (points)

          To the right.  About ten klicks from the cylinder.  By those

          low lying mountains, that jumble of boulders.  Set us down

          there, Chief.

 

                    MILTON

          Roger, that Lieutenant.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

He turns the ship, and approaches the site where Gabriel had pointed.  He carefully maneuvers the craft in the midst of a pile of boulders, and sets it down gently, in a clear area.  Small and large rocks are scattered across the area.

 

 

INT.  RUINS, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

                    GABRIEL

          What's the readings outside, Daniels?

 

She is holding a handheld tablet.  Daniels taps on the device for a moment.

 

                    DANIELS

          Breathable atmosphere.  All in the green.  No microbes present

          at this time.  And no airborne pathogens. 

              (in awe)

          Nothing.  That's incredible.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

43.

CONTINUED:

 

                    SHAW

          Look.  The other ship.

 

They all turn to the windows.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, CYLINDRICAL STRUCTURE/PANDORA - DAY

 

Sounds.  A general rumble.  Engines from the craft echo through the valley.

 

The horseshoe shaped vessel approaches the cylindrical structure slowly, at high altitude.  Once it is over the cylinder, it slowly descends, fitting itself perfectly around the building. -- SCREEEERRR --  like a door swollen from humidity in an abandoned house opened for the first time in decades.  The craft stops moving and is seated firmly, about a quarter of the way from the top.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER/CONTROL ROOM - DAY

 

A dark room.  Silent.  Then it comes to life.  Lights on a control panel turn themselves on.  Golden luminescent drops of light fall to the center of the room.  A representation of the structure is assembled, along with the ship.  The Engineer language pours across the hologram.  Lines in the tower glow red, flowing into the ship causing it to blink in and out of a wireframe diagram.

 

 

INT.  RUINS, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

                    GABRIEL

          Let's go, people.

             

He snaps them from their awestruck silence.

 

                    GABRIEL (CONT'D)

          This craft needs to be unloaded in two minutes.  Let's make

          it happen.

 

 

EXT.  RUINS, TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - DAY

 

The team has the transport unloaded.  The small vehicles are sitting beside the craft.  Kapono and the other techs load equipment into the trailers to be towed behind them. 

(CONTINUED)

44.

CONTINUED:

 

Milton and Holly are covering Zero One with what looks like a thick tarp. 

Gabriel and his men are standing watch on the perimeter surrounding Zero One. 

 

                    GRAY (OVER COMM)

          Lt.?

 

Gabriel turns toward the ship, but can't see Gray on the other side amid the boulders.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Go, Doc.

 

                    GRAY

          You're going to want to take a look at this.

 

 The lieutenant starts to walk toward the ship.

 

                    GABRIEL

          On my way.

 

Gabriel passes the ship as Milton and Holly finish tying down their tarp cover.  Daniels looks at it quizzically.

 

                    DANIELS

          What is that for?

 

                    HOLLY

              (smiles)

          Camouflage.

 

Holly takes out a small tablet from her flight suit, and taps the controls.  Suddenly the tarp shimmers, and an image appears on it.

 

Daniels can see the men standing on the other side of the craft, and the mountain ranges behind it.  She is impressed. 

 

Shaw sees Gabriel walking by, and follows him along with Kapono.

 

                    DANIELS

          Wow.  How does it work?

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

45.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    HOLLY

          The material is actually made of nanotubes filled with liquid

          crystal and. . .              

 

Gabriel and Shaw are past the ship now, and out of earshot.  They wind themselves around the large boulders, to find Gray and David standing together beside a twelve foot wall of squared off stones.

 

                    GRAY

          Look at this Lt.

 

He points to the wall of stones.  Half buried and collapsing, the stones are clearly a part of a larger structure destroyed in some horrific event.

 

                    DAVID

          I don't believe this place was the result of a landslide at all

          Lieutenant.  It was a village of some type.  And it was

          destroyed.

 

David points to a burn mark on the wall -- EXCEPT -- that it looks like -- NO -- IS THAT?  Gabriel takes a closer look.  Shaw is with him, and Kapono.

 

                    GRAY

          It's an image of a person.  A shadow burned into the

          rock wall.

 

Kapono reaches out and touches the burnt mark with his hand.  Muttering something in his native language.

 

                    KAPONO

          I've seen something like this before, when I studied

          in Japan.  A hundred and fifty years ago, an atomic

          bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.  The resulting blast

          burned the shadows of some of the victims onto the

          surrounding walls.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Chief Milton, do you copy?

 

                    MILTON (OVER COMM)

          Go ahead, Lieutenant.

 

(CONTINUED)

46.

CONTINUED:  (3)

 

                    GABRIEL

          Any radiation spikes, this location?

 

He takes a moment before replying.

 

                    MILTON

          Checking.  Wait one.

 

There is another pause and Gabriel notices Shaw digging in the sand at the base of the wall.

 

                    MILTON

          Negative, Lt.  And Daniels confirms.  No radiation.

 

Shaw has uncovered a skeleton underneath the sand at the base of the wall.  She examines the burned and scarred remains closely. 

 

Closer look, and it is obvious the bones are misshapen, or perhaps --

 

                    KAPONO

          Bone growths?  What can that be from?

 

                    SHAW

              (softly)

          I don't know.  It almost looks . . .

 

Ramirez comes around a large part of the wall.  An excited -- or perhaps more accurately -- frightened look on his face.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          You all have to see what we found.

 

He doesn't wait, before rushing back to his position.  Gabriel and the others follow him.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, RUINS/CAVE ENTRANCE - DAY

 

Ramirez is waiting with ENSIGN OWENS outside a cave in the cliff face.  Owens is a new recruit.  Young, and eager.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

47.

CONTINUED:

 

                    RAMIREZ

          I went in to check it out, Lieutenant.  There are

          skeletons inside.  Maybe ten.

 

Shaw takes a flashlight from Gabriel's utility belt.  She goes into the cave with Gabriel, David and Kapono following.

                    

                    GABRIEL

              (to Ramirez)

          You two stay out here.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Aye, aye, Sir.  No problema.

 

 

INT.  VALLEY, RUINS/CAVE - DAY

 

Shaw and Gray lead the way after turning on their flashlights once they get into the darkness of the cave.  It isn't very big.  Soon they find Ramirez's grim discovery.

 

Skeletons line one wall of the cave.  Shaw kneels to take a closer look.  They are human looking except a few of them have elongated skulls.

 

                    GABRIEL

          What could have caused that?

 

Shaw leans closer.  She is in her element now.

 

                    SHAW

          Some ancient tribes in Peru used to bind the heads of their

          infants with rope, to elongate their skulls, but I've

          never seen it to this degree before.

 

She shines her flashlight to and fro examining the walls of the cave.  She sees nothing but stone walls of a natural cave.

 

                    GRAY

          They must've came into the cave, or were in here by chance

          when the explosion happened outside.

 

Shaw takes out an instrument and picks up a small bone from one of the skeletons toes.  She drops it inside and waits. . .it beeps when the measurement is complete.

(CONTINUED)

              48.

CONTINUED:

 

                    SHAW

          Around, two thousand years old.

 

                    KAPONO

          The same time frame of when your Engineer's were dying

          on LV-223.

 

Gabriel is uneasy.  He looks around.

 

                    GABRIEL

              (a breath)

          Let's get moving.  We've got a job to do.  This can wait

          for another time.

 

He starts to walk toward the mouth of the cave.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, RUINS/CAVE ENTRANCE - DAY

 

Gabriel leads the way out of the cave.

 

                    GABRIEL

          We don't know who or what took control of the ship.  Or

          if they know we're here.  Let's get moving, and finish

          what we came here to do, so we can get off this damned

          rock and go home.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, RUINS/ZERO ONE LANDING SITE - DAY

 

The technicians and SEALS are loaded into the rally car type ATVs.  Their equipment is in the carts being towed behind them leaving room for any technology they may need to bring back with them.

 

Gabriel is standing to the side with Milton, Holly, and Owens.  Four remote drone craft sit not far from them.

 

                    GABRIEL

          I want three at a altitude of five hundred feet.  A roving

          perimeter around us at all times.  And I want one at fifteen

          hundred directly on top of us.

 

(CONTINUED)

49.

CONTINUED:

 

                    MILTON

          Yes, Sir.  We'll program them.

                

                    GABRIEL

          You three have got to keep this site secure.  Comm check

          Every three zero mikes.  Clear?

 

 All three answer to the affirmative.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Very well.  Chief Milton, fire up the drones and get them

          in the air.

 

                    MILTON

          Roger, that.

 

Milton punches some controls on his tablet, as Gabriel walks to the vehicles and climbs into one. 

 

 

INT.  VALLEY, RUINS/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE LANDING SITE/ATV - DAY

 

Shaw is sitting in the seat next to him, and David sits behind them.  He's buckling his belt when the engines to the drones -- VVWWEEERRR -- to life.  All four shoot into the air, leaving a puff of sand where they sat.

 

Gabriel hands Shaw his own tablet.  An aerial picture of the vehicles can be seen.

 

                    GABRIEL

          You can cycle through the different camera views from each

          drone.  If you have to control one click this here.

              (demonstrates)

          Use the directional controls.  David, how far is it from

          this end of the valley to the structure?

 

                    DAVID

          Approximately ten kilometers, or five point three --

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, RUINS/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE LANDING SITE/ATV - DAY

 

David's decimal answer is lost as Gabriel guns the accelerator, leaving in a spray of dust.  The others fall in behind them single file.

50.

 

EXT.  VALLEY/ DRONE - DAY

 

We can see our group of heroes racing across the valley floor, leaving the ruins behind them.  A drone VVWWEEERRSS past, as three of them constantly fly in a perimeter. 

 

 

INT.  VALLEY, GABRIEL'S ATV - DAY

 

Shaw is looking at the aerial picture on the tablet.  David is transfixed on the horizon.  The Engineer's structure looms before them.

 

They all hear over the comm system --

 

                    DANIELS (OVER COMM)

              (mutters)

          Unbelievable.

 

Shaw pushes a few buttons on the tablet control for the drones.  Something has obviously caught her attention.

 

                    SHAW

          Lieutenant, do you see that dune up ahead?  Eighty yards or

          so?  Could we stop on this side of it?

 

He looks over at her quizzically.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Sure.

              (into comm)

          We're stopping at the dune up ahead.  This side.

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Aye, aye, Sir.

             GRAY (OVER COMM)

       -- Aye, aye, Sir

                    GRAY (OVER COMM)

          Aye, aye.

                                            

Gabriel comes to a stop at the foot of the sand dune.  Shaw hands the tablet to Gabriel and climbs out.  David follows.

 

Gabriel climbs out as well.

 

 

51.

 

EXT.  VALLEY,  ATV'S/BLAST SITE - DAY

 

Gabriel stands beside the ATV as the others come to a stop.  He looks down at the tablet in his hands displaying -- an image. 

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY/DRONE IMAGE - DAY

 

He can see himself standing beside the vehicles, and the others parked next to him. 

 

Gabriel taps the console transferring the image we are seeing to the highest altitude drone.  He touches the controls and rotates the camera to view the valley floor around the area -- and sees it.  A blast crater.  Perfect circle in the valley floor, barely there, almost erased entirely by wind and sand, but still visible.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY, ATV'S/BLAST SITE - DAY

 

Gabriel looks up just in time to see Shaw climbing the dune.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Shaw.  Wait.

 

But, she doesn't hear him.  Or chooses not to, David is right behind her.

 

Gabriel stuffs the tablet in his vest pocket and FOLLOWS them up the side of the dune.

 

Atop the dune, Gabriel whips out the tablet again and focuses the drone cameras on the alien spire.  They scan the structure.  No movement, but there is a large energy source.

The others have climbed the dune, and he hand signals to Harris to set a perimeter.

 

Harris nods, giving the other SEALS the silent command.

 

The scientists join Shaw.  She kneels in a bed of small stones.  Stumps of what can only be described as trees, litter the landscape.  They're broken a meter above the ground by an unimaginable force.

 

                    DANIELS

          An ancient river bed?

 

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

52.

CONTINUED:

 

                    DAVID

          It would appear so.  This valley was once a lush river valley

          apparently.  Until, some cataclysmic event destroyed it.

 

                    SHAW

          Or the Engineers did.

             

Gabriel looks around.  His team has spaced themselves in a perimeter around the group. 

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Any activity from the complex or the ship?

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Negative, Sir.  All's quiet.  They may not be home, or

          don't know or don't care we're here.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Everyone keep their eyes open.  I want to know of any

          movement, immediately.

 

                    HARRIS

          Copy.

 

There are murmurs from the team members acknowledging over comm.

 

 

EXT.  VALLEY/BLAST SITE/RIVER BED - DAY

 

Gabriel walks to join Shaw and the others, who have gathered by a large pile of boulders.

 

                    DANIELS

          . . .was a large river bed.  You can see where the water

              (points)

          level was, in the river.  It was fast and deep enough to

          carry these boulders away from the mountain.

 

                    BLAIR

          (exclaims)

          Look, here!

 

Blair is on the other side of the boulders pointing at something.  The OTHERS RUSH to

 

(CONTINUED)

53.

CONTINUED:

 

see.  Gabriel joins them, his rifle cradled in his arms.  A jumble of skeletons lay wedged between large rocks, and lie half buried in the river bed.

 

Daniels crouches down to examine the skeletons half buried in the river bottom.  They are sabertooth tigers, along with other animals.  Their ribs broken outward.

 

                    DANIELS

          Maybe these sabertooth tigers cornered them.  Then they all

          were washed down the river?

 

                    DAVID

          Perhaps.  The human remains have teeth marks and scratches

          in their bones.

 

Shaw looks to be in deep thought.  She closely examines the human skulls.  There are noticeable deformities.

 

                    SHAW

          I don't think so.

 

                    KAPONO

          What are you thinking, Doctor Shaw?

 

She takes a moment, before answering.  Whether to gather her thoughts, or because she is unsure whether or not they would believe what she is about to tell them.

 

                    SHAW

          These humans weren't here long.  There were no writings or

          artwork in the cave.  No buildings except for one.

              (breath)

          I think the Engineers were transporting living things from

          Earth and transplanting them on this planet.

 

                    BLAIR

          For what reason, though?

 

                    SHAW

          To experiment on.  They made the weapon on LV-223 and brought

          it here.  The Engineers were perfecting their design.  To make

          a better weapon they needed test subjects.

             

 

(CONTINUED)

54.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

She gestures at the skeletons.

 

                    GABRIEL

          You think it was another outbreak?

 

                    SHAW

          No.  I think we're seeing evolution.  A way to destroy

          Earth in the most vile way imaginable.

 

Gabriel is liking this less and less.

 

                    GABRIEL

          And it got away from them?  That's why they destroyed the valley?

 

                    KAPONO

          Or the experiment was over because they had succeeded..

 

                    SHAW

          I know where we can find our answers.

 

She looks out over the horizon to the BUILDING AND SHIP in the distance.  The group begins to walk back to the vehicles.  David stares at the skeletal remains.  Gabriel pauses beside him.

 

                    DAVID

          "I long for the gardens of Cordoba. . .but first must come

          the fighting."

 

                    GABRIEL

              (to David)

          I hope, 

              (a beat)

          when the time comes, that you choose to fight at our side

          "Mr. Lawrence".

 

It's a quote from LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, Gabriel knows.  He wonders if David is

torn between the Engineers, his team, or Weyland Industries as T. E. Lawrence was torn between fighting with the British army or the Arabs.

 

Gabriel looks to the top of the dune as they walk back to the vehicles.  Akari stands there watching them.

 

 

55.

 

EXT.  ATV'S/ENGINEER'S TOWER/PANDORA - DAY

 

The drones continue the perimeter patrol, flying around the massive tower.  The Pandora hangs over our group, impossibly staying in place, fitting snugly against the tower, a thousand feet above their heads.

 

The team is out of the ATVs.  The scientists are gathering their equipment from the vehicles and hefting packs onto their backs.  Gabriel and his men are standing in front of a massive door.  Shaw and David are standing with them.  We see the door is almost a carbon copy of the one that decapitated the Engineer on LV-223

 

Akari, Gabriel takes note, is standing behind them looking at the door closely.  Like she's reading the Engineer writing engraved into it. 

 

                    SHAW

          Can you open it, David?

 

                    DAVID

          Yes.

 

                    GABRIEL

              (to his team)

          Take positions.

 

His team fans out in front of the door.  Gabriel signals Kapono and the others to get down.  David secures a latter at the control panel beside the door.  Shaw goes to join him but before she can. . .

 

                    GABRIEL

          Shaw.  Take this.

 

He hands her a sidearm with holster and extra magazines attached.

 

                    GABRIEL

          You know how to use this, right?

 

She answers by putting the belt around her waste and drawing the pistol.  She pulls the slide back and lets it fly home putting a round into the chamber.  Shaw then walks over to David.  Harris looks at Gray and smiles.

 

Gabriel nods to David.  Akari draws her sword when the door begins to open.

 

 

 

56.

 

EXT/INT.  ENGINEER TOWER/ANTECHAMBER - DAY

 

Gabriel and his team stand ready in front of the open door.  The lights on their weapons illuminate the room within.  TWO ENGINEERS STAND JUST INSIDE. 

 

                    DAVID (O.S.)

          Don't fire!

 

David comes forward and enters the antechamber before tapping on the suits. 

 

                    DAVID

          They're empty.

 

There is nothing else in the antechamber.  Gabriel motions his team forward.

 

                    GABRIEL

          McCormick take lead.  Master Chief, take drag.  Akari

          stay with him.  Keep Kapono and the rest in the center.

          Let's go.

 

The SEALS enter the antechamber with Shaw, David, Kapono and the other scientists in the middle of their group.  Gray and Ramirez flank them on either side.  Harris and Akari enter through the open door.

 

Harris pauses by the opening, pulls something from his equipment belt and stabs it into the wall.  The object VVRREEERRS as it drills itself inside the structure. 

 

                    AKARI

          What's that?

 

                    HARRIS

          Breadcrumb.  A beacon so we can always find our way out of

          here.

 

He taps the glasses he is wearing.  A smaller version of the type on their suit helmets.  

 

                    HARRIS

          These bad boys not only have night vision, and infrared,

          they continually make a map as we go. 

 

Akari doesn't say anything.  She sheaths her sword, and takes the rifle down which is  slung on her shoulder.  The team enters a hallway leading deeper into the facility.

 

 

57.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER/VARIOUS PASSAGEWAYS - DAY  

 

The group makes it's way through Dante's passages.  Each one almost identical to the last.  Exploring a mountain with flashlights.

 

                    MCCORMICK (OVER COMM)

          Light up ahead, Lieutenant.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Roger, that.  On my way.

 

Gabriel and Shaw make their way to the front of the group.  McCormick points to the golden glow coming from ahead of them. 

 

McCormick and Gabriel slowly make their way to the SOURCE of the light.  They find the --

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CONTROL ROOM - DAY

 

The HEAD OF A STATUE is in the center of the room looking up to the ceiling.  HANDS REACH UPWARD as if an enormous Michelangelo sculpture sank into the floor leaving only portions of it above ground.  A golden cascade of light somehow falls from the ceiling into those outstretched hands.  Shaw and the rest of the team come into the room.

 

The SOLDIERS flank the others.  Covering the doorway and the other entrances into the room.  David and Shaw stand at what looks like the control panel.  The scientists and Gabriel join them.

 

                    KAPONO

          David, can you access this, and maybe find a schematic of

          this building?

 

David gets in the control seat.

 

                    DAVID

          I can try, Doctor Kapono.

 

Akari drifts closer to the control panel, giving David her full attention.  No one notices.  David, meanwhile, operates the controls.  Somewhat different than the controls of the ships.

 

(CONTINUED)

58.

CONTINUED:

 

David punches a few buttons, and a BLUE PURPLE ORB rises from the console in front of him.  He places his hand on the ball and it reacts with a musical note.  Intrigued, David places both hands on the orb and begins to run his fingers along it like keys to a piano, as if he were performing a CONCERTO.

 

The more he plays, the more controls rise from the console until the glowing ball ceases to function, and sinks back into the device.

 

David then taps on these new controls, and a holographic image of the building falls from the ceiling, congealing itself into the hands in front of the group.

 

                    DAVID

          I believe this is the location of the atmospheric generator.

 

The highlighted area zooms in on the representation of the building.

 

                    DAVID

          Perhaps, five floors down, directly beneath this room.

 

Gabriel signals for his team to join them.

 

                    GABRIEL

          How do we get there, David?  I haven't seen any way down.

 

David punches some controls, and a portion of the floor not far away slides open.  Harris shines his flashlight into the opening.

 

                    HARRIS

          There's a staircase leading down.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Tony, take Daniels and Blair down to see if it's the terra

          forming tech they're looking for.  Take Ramirez, and Shelly,

          with you.  We'll use this room as the rally point.

 

                    HARRIS

          Aye, Sir.

 

Harris' group begins to disappear down into the unknown. 

 

                   

 

 

59.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, STAIRCASE - DAY

 

Harris and his group descend the dark staircase in silence.  The only light coming from their flashlights.  There are archways at every level they pass.  Harris stops momentarily at each one and inserts a beacon.

 

He does so again at the fifth opening.  Harris looks at Blair.

 

                    HARRIS

          You reading that one?

 

Blair checks a map on his tablet he whips out of his bag.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, MAP - DAY

 

A map much like the schematic from the Engineer's control room.  This one is incomplete, yet, this one has red dots leading to the entrance.  And the beacons leading downward.

 

                    BLAIR (O.S.)

          Yes.  All are coming in clear.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, STAIRCASE - DAY

 

                    HARRIS

          Let's get what we came for so we can get the hell out of

          dodge.  If it doesn't smell right, don't touch it!  Let's

          go.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, FIFTH SUBLEVEL - DAY

 

The group has exited the staircase.  This is another large room, just as big as the control room, but much darker.  The only light coming from their lights.  SUDDENLY, the silence is broken as Ramirez let's out a ghostly cackle.

 

Harris shines his flashlight in Ramirez's eyes, along with the rest of the group, as the echo from his ghostly laugh fades away.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

60.

CONTINUED:

 

                    HARRIS

          Just for that, you can take point, smartass.

 

Ramirez shifts his rifle, grumbling under his breath as he walks ahead of the group.  He doesn't go far until giant columns emerge from the darkness.

 

These pylons rise to the ceiling, and each one is CARVED WITH THE ENGINEER'S WRITTEN LANGUAGE.

 

                    DANIELS

          It's hot in here.  Humid.  I think we're getting close.

 

The group makes their way around the stone forest until they come to a pyramidic structure in what would be the center of the room.  Vermicular obtrusions from the pyramid pulsate and disappear into the walls and ceiling.

 

Ramirez takes the first few steps onto the pyramid.  Lights flash from the ground up the pyramid steps.

 

                    HARRIS

          What did you do!?

 

Before he can answer, a low hum can be heard and the pulsating obtrusions stop, and the top of the pyramid opens.  A soft green light emanates from it.  Blair steps forward, and climbs the pyramid alongside Ramirez.  He looks into the opening, and smiles.

 

                    BLAIR

          This is it.  Daniels come up and look at this.

 

She does so, and just as she reaches out to examine something, hidden doors on the columns swing open.

 

The SEALS react instantly, pointing their weapons.  Inside the columns are frozen lifeforms.  Harris goes closer to one, his weapon at the ready.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Careful, Master Chief.

 

Harris ignores him, and takes a closer look at the alien body.  He reaches out his hand and touches the transparent encasement. 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

61.

CONTINUED:

 

                    BLAIR

          Is it frozen?

 

                    HARRIS

          No.  It's solid.

              (raps on it with knuckles)

          Feels more like some kind of solid plastic or acrylic.

 

Blair comes down from his perch on the pyramid, and examines another open column with it's bizarre occupant.  BOTH ARE NOT HUMAN, but they are both bipedal. 

 

                    DANIELS

          Do you think they were sentient?

 

                    BLAIR

          I don't know.  It's possible, but I've never imagined life

          looking anything like this.

 

Shelly examines yet another.  This one looks more like an animal.

 

                    SHELLY

          This one was a quadruped.

              (under her breath)

          What was going on here?

 

                    HARRIS

          Let's see if we can found out.  Blair and Daniels you two

          can get back to work.

 

He points at the pyramid.  They begin to ascend it once more, and delve into the inner workings of the device inside.

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Lt.  Do you read.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Loud and clear, Chief. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

62.

 

INT.  ENGINEER CONTROL ROOM - DAY

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Blair and Daniels think they've found the terraforming tech

          we've been looking for, but there's something else down

          here.

 

Gabriel and the rest are standing around David. 

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          What is it?

 

                    HARRIS

          I don't know Lt.  It's. . .some kind of life form and

          they've been preserved in some type of. . .freezing

          chambers.  There's about three dozen or so.  Some are

          definitely animals, but. . .

 

                    DANIELS (OVER COMM)

          Daniels here, Lieutenant.  Some of these creatures could

          be sentient.  Intelligent life.

 

Shaw and the others exchange meaningful looks.

 

                    SHAW

          Can you find some information about this, David?

 

                    DAVID

          I can try, Elizabeth.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          We'll get back to you, Tony. Stand by.

                   

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Aye, Sir.

 

David works the controls of the machine.  The preservation columns pour into the outstretched hands, and the Engineer writing blinks into view CASCADING down in front of them.

 

Shaw is intrigued as lifeform after lifeform is constructed in a image before them.  Dozens of them, some bipedal, while others are characteristically animals, are displayed.  Then David zooms in to these creatures, closer and closer until --

 

63.

 

INT.  MOLECULAR LEVEL, ALIEN DNA - DAY

 

The familiar shape of the DOUBLE HELIX of DNA. 

 

                    DAVID (O.S.)

          They were studying the genetic code of different species.

          It would appear the Engineers were --  now that's interesting.

 

                    KAPONO (O.S.)

          What?

 

The image zooms in closer still on the individual strands of DNA.  Then to the atomic level until a single atom is shown.

 

 

INT.  ATOMIC LEVEL, ALIEN DNA - DAY

 

A single atom is unwrapped like pealing the skin from an apple.  There is a pattern to the encoded information of the molecular coding.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER CONTROL ROOM - DAY

 

Streams of code line up, and a massive message is uncoded once David draws forth the information from the molecule.  The code gushes from the message, pouring in an unending living library.

 

Shaw is awestruck. 

 

                    SHAW

          David.  They coded messages into the DNA?

 

                    DAVID

          It would appear so.

 

                    KAPONO

          They encoded terra bites of data inside living DNA.  But,

          why?

 

                    GABRIEL

          What does the message say?

 

 

(CONTINUED)

64.

CONTINUED:

 

                    SHAW

          Hold on.  Can you analyze a sample on this machine, David?

 

                    DAVID

          Yes, I can.  The sample goes here.

 

David indicates a clear plate on the console.

 

Shaw doesn't hesitate. She draws a small knife from her belt and makes a small cut on the end of her finger, holding her hand over the plate, letting a few drops of blood fall on the clear plate of glass.

 

The SCANNER runs a light under her drops of blood like a photocopier.  Gray hands her a gauze, and Shaw holds it tightly to her injured finger.

 

David punches the controls on the console, and the image of Shaw's blood is assembled before them.  Closer and closer it zooms casting them all in a pale of red.  The image changes to the atomic level and beeps in a negative tone.

 

                    DAVID

          There is no message in the sample, Doctor Shaw.

 

                    KAPONO

          Run it again, David.

 

David punches on the controls, and again there is a negative tone from the machine.

 

                    DAVID

          As I've said:  There is no message in the sample DNA.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Run mine.

 

Gabriel follows the same steps as Shaw.  David punches the controls, and again there is a negative tone from the machine.

 

                    KAPONO

          The Engineer's seed dozens of worlds, encoding a message

          into the DNA of countless species, but leave none in the human

          genome?

 

 

(CONTINUED)

65.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    SHAW

          What is the message, David?  Can you translate it?

 

                    DAVID

          It will take some time, Elizabeth.  The message was

          quite large.  The message could very well be the accumulated

          knowledge of their entire --

 

He is interrupted by the machine alerting in a tone unheard to this point.  David returns his attention to the console and taps the controls.  An image of the alien tower is shown with the Engineer ship docked with it.  Lines go from the tower to the ship.  Engineer language flashes red on the hologram.

 

                    GABRIEL

          What's that mean?

 

                    DAVID

          It would appear, it is nearing completion.

 

                    SHAW

          What is?

 

                    AKARI

          It doesn't say.  The message merely says, process nearly

          complete.

 

They all look at her.

 

                    AKARI

          I was able to get a rudimentary understanding of the Engineer

          language.

 

Gabriel turns back to David.

 

                    GABRIEL

          What process, David?

 

                    DAVID

          Lieutenant, it would appear that once the ship

          docked with the tower, an automatic process would begin

          loading the ship.

 

(CONTINUED)

66.

CONTINUED:  (3)

 

                    SHAW

              (breathless)

          Loading the ship with what?

 

                    DAVID

          Unknown.

 

                    GABRIEL

          With more of those capsules like from LV-223?

 

                    DAVID

          Again, I don't know. 

 

                    SHAW

              (to Gabriel)

          Then we are going to have to go up to the ship.

 

                    GABRIEL

          David, can you find us a route to the vessel?

 

David taps the controls and a path is highlighted on the building display.  A set of stairs spirals from the floor into an opening on the ceiling making a stairway.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Chief, we're on the move to the ship.  The display here

          reads something being loaded onto it since we arrived.

          We're going to check it out.

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Copy.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Transport Zero One, do you copy, over?

 

                    MILTON (OVER COMM)

          Zero one, go ahead, Lieutenant.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Sit rep, over?

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

67.

CONTINUED:  (4)

 

                    MILTON

          Everything is five by five here, Lt.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Copy, that Chief.  We'll check back in three-zero mikes. 

          Out.

 

Gabriel looks at the group in the control room.

 

                    GABRIEL

          We all go up.  No way I'm leaving anyone here.  Let's go.

 

Gabriel and Shaw lead the group to the stairs where Harris' team went down, but they go up instead.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, STAIRWAY - DAY

 

Gabriel and his group are climbing the first set of stairs.  Shaw leans out and shines her flashlight up the staircase.  Steps for as far as the light can shine.

 

                    DAVID

          We only have to go to the next level.  There is a lift we

          can take to the ship.

 

They continue on to the next level.  Once there, Gabriel takes out a beacon from his belt and punches it into the wall.  He shines his flashlight through the doorway into the dark corridor.

 

                    DAVID

          Straight ahead, perhaps thirty meters.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, SECOND FLOOR CORRIDOR - DAY

 

Shaw and the rest are awestruck in this corridor because fresco's line every wall.  What story is being told here?  Gabriel breaks the silence.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Tony, how's it going down there?

 

                  

       

68.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, FIFTH SUBLEVEL - DAY

 

Daniels and Blair are busy taking components out of the pyramid and placing them in packs.  Harris turns away from the work.

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          We're almost done here, Lieutenant.

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Copy.  We're getting into a lift to get to the ship.  Finish

          up and meet us back in the control room.

 

                    HARRIS

          Roger that, Lt.  Out.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER,  SECOND FLOOR - DAY

 

This chamber looks almost identical to the chamber on LV-223 with water cascading down from a shaft running to sunlight far above them.  David walks to a small stone column beside the shaft leading down, and taps the controls on the rock.  An electrical hum is heard, and David STEPS INTO THE CHASM. 

 

                    SHAW

          David!

 

She shouts, holding out her hands to try and save him.  David, however, doesn't plunge to his destruction.  He turns back to her.

 

                    DAVID

          This is the lift, Doctor Shaw.  If you would join me?

              (they hesitate)

          I assure you, it's quite safe.

 

The group reluctantly joins David and stand on nothingness.  Once they are all aboard, THEY ROCKET UPWARD AT BREAKNECK SPEED. 

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, LIFT - DAY

 

David is nonpurplused as the walls of the shaft blur past them.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

69.

CONTINUED:

 

Before the others can even gasp in astonishment, they stop.  An archway lies in front of them, a soft white-blue light pulsates along the hallway, disappearing into the distance.  David steps off the lift, and waits for them to join him.  The group joins David, and he leads them into the pulsating corridor.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER,  LIGHTENED CORRIDOR - DAY

 

Shaw and Gabriel follow David through the archway and down a short hallway with the rest of the group in tow.  The light from the walls guiding them on their way to a chamber.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CHAMBER TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

The room is dark except the light from their FLASHLIGHTS.  David moves ahead toward a closed door.  Shaw examines the ceiling with Kapono and Gabriel, marveling at the fresco's.

 

McCormick goes to the opposite side of the chamber to examine a table with a large green jewel in the center of it.  This is exactly like the one Holloway looked at on LV-223 and said they were in just another tomb.  An ominous door is in front of him.  Closed for now.

 

Their attention is snapped to David, as the door he walked to hisses open. -- VVVRRRSSSHHH --

 

                    DAVID

          This should lead directly to the cargo compartment of the

          Pandora.

 

They follow him through the doorway.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, HALLWAY TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

They continue for a short distance, and come to another door.  David taps the controls beside the door, and it slides open to reveal a large chamber.  Vast and dark.

 

 

 

 

 

70.

 

INT.  PANDORA, CARGO BAY - DAY

 

Dim sources of light can be seen disappearing into the darkness.  Akari takes something from her pack.  It is a sphere much like the mapping pups.  She tosses it into the air, and it begins blinking a white light like a strobe.  The sphere begins to spin faster and faster, and the lights blink in time with the spin until it is constant source of light like a flair floating in the air illuminating a part of the cargo bay.

 

                    SHAW

              (mutters)

          What the hell is this?

 

Before them, an all too familiar scene.  The crew member CAIN descended into this room from the first film with Ripley.  Thousands of eggs lay before them, covered with a thin plasma screen.

 

Shaw, Gabriel and David continue along the walkways above the eggs.

 

                    MCCORMICK

          What the hell are those things?

 

                    KAPONO

          Are those the capsules from LV-223?

 

                    SHAW

          No.  I've never seen these before.

 

Kapono reaches down and puts his hand through the thin layer of plasma.  There is a distinctive sound as his hand passes through the field.

 

                    SHAW

          Careful, Andil!

 

                    KAPONO

          The plasma field reacts when broken.

 

David reaches down, but his hand passes through the field with no effect.

 

                    DAVID

          I think it only reacts to living organisms breaking the

          barrier.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

71.

CONTINUED: 

 

David, without another word, or asking permission, jumps down through the field and into the recess holding the eggs.

 

                    SHAW

          David!

 

                    GABRIEL

          David, get your a*s out of there!

 

                    DAVID

          It's all right, Lieutenant.  I think these eggs only react

          to living things.  And since I'm not human. . .

 

He leaves it hanging as he pulls a flashlight from his belt.  He kneels down to examine the egg.  The light passes through the egg, and something pulses inside.

 

                    DAVID

          There is something inside of it.  And it's alive.

 

                    GABRIEL

          What is it?

 

                    SHAW

          Whatever it is, it's not safe. 

 

                    KAPONO

          I concur with Doctor Shaw.  If this place is, indeed, a

          laboratory where the Engineers were perfecting their

          weapon to destroy us, then this could be the perfect killing

          machine they strove so hard to construct.

 

David nods, and stands.  Gabriel helps him climb from the lower recess back up onto the walkway between the eggs.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Let's head back to the control room.  We have to make sure

          the ship can't leave this place. 

 

The group makes their way back into the corridor leading into the tower.

 

 

 

 

72.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, HALLWAY TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

The hallway lights are pulsating when they enter the corridor.  As the group nears the chamber at the end, the LIGHTS STOP, and become a solid crimson.

 

                    GABRIEL

          What?

 

A mechanical hum and a heavy CLLAANKKK is heard in front of them, from the chamber where they are headed.

 

Gabriel looks back at them and touches his finger to his lips.  They nod as the group quietly makes their way closer to the sound.  They stop in the archway looking into the chamber.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CHAMBER TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

The chamber is lite by the same crimson light as the hallway.  The floor opens revealing three cryostasis sarcophagi emerging in the center of the room.  There is a deep boom as they rise into place and the floor closes underneath them.  Hold a breath before the cryostasis doors hum open.

 

THREE ENGINEERS EMERGE FROM THEIR LONG SLUMBER.  The titans rise from their sleeping chambers, and stand on their feet for the first time in TWO THOUSAND YEARS.  Tubes connecting the masks over their faces HHHHSSSS, disconnect and fall away.

 

Two of the Engineers wear the same suits as the other seen by Shaw on LV-223.  The third, however is dressed in the robes of a monk.

 

The three Engineers look at each other.  Then suddenly, one of the Engineers wearing a black suit CHARGES THE Monk.  He grips the Monk's throat in an IRON GRIP.  The Monk grabs the Engineer's hands to try and break free.  He is unable to loosen the other's hold.  The third Engineer looks on in approval.

 

The Monk dressed Engineer sinks to his knees.  The Engineer choking him doesn't change expression or his grasp.  He is intent on killing this robed figure.

 

Gabriel opens his mouth to protest, but someone rushes past him.  Akari, agile, quick and on silent feet, sprints towards the giants.  They don't notice her until she is on top of them.

 

(CONTINUED)

73.

CONTINUED:

 

They barely have time to show shock on their faces before she whips the sword from it's sheathe at her side, and swings it at the Engineer choking the Monk in one fluid motion.  The Engineer's arm falls to the ground, severed just above the elbow.

 

He cries out in pain.  His companion, his face in a rage, swings heavily at the off balance Akari before she even has time to recover from her sword stroke.  His backhand knocks

 

her off her feet.  She flies through the air, landing hard on the ground.  Her sword CLAANNGGS to the ground beside her, and both slide to the wall.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Akari!

 

Gabriel rushes into the room.  McCormick is by his side.  The Engineer who struck Akari is enraged once he sees them.  He starts toward them.  Murder in his eyes.

 

Gabriel and McCormick raise their weapons and fire on the advancing Engineer.  He doesn't even slow down. 

 

                    GABRIEL

          Full Auto!

 

They switch their weapons to fire on full automatic.  The Engineer staggers back as their rounds strike him in the chest and stomach.  The SEALS' weapons are empty and they eject the spent magazines to replace them with fresh ones.  The Engineer shakes his head to clear it, and begins to stride toward them again.

 

                    MCCORMICK

          His suit is protecting him!  I don't think the ammo is

          penetrating it!

 

The Engineer is almost on top of them, when Gabriel throws up his weapon and fires a grenade at the advancing behemoth.  The explosion sends Gabriel and McCormick crashing to the ground, while the Engineer is hurled backwards off his feet.

 

GABRIELS POV:  A constant RRRIIINNNGG is heard.  The chamber ceiling fresco above him.  Suddenly, Shaw's face.  Her mouth is moving, but the only sound is the ringing.

 

Slowly, quietly.  Sound returns to normal.  Shaw is kneeling next to Gabriel.  David and Kapono are helping McCormick to his feet.

 

(CONTINUED)

74.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    SHAW

          Are you hurt?

 

                    GABRIEL

          Huh? Oh, no.  I'm fine.

 

The one armed Engineer holds his stump of an arm.  HIS SUIT IS ACTUALLY GROWING OVER THE WOUND.  The suit is a part of his skin.  A part of him.

 

                    KAPONO

              (points)

          His suit is sealing the wound.

 

They all turn to see the Engineer move his damaged arm.  He rises to his feet, almost refreshed.  He looks at Shaw and the rest with undisguised hatred.

 

The Engineer turns on his heal, and heads directly to the table with the green jewel in the center of it which McCormick had looked at earlier.  The Monk shouts something to him, trying urgently for him to listen.  The one armed Engineer's pace never slows.  The Engineer Monk then turns to the group, and speaks in their language to them.  David steps forward and says something in return.

 

The Monk repeats himself, even more urgently this time, and points at the other Engineer.

 

                    DAVID

          He says we must stop him from activating the table!

 

Gabriel and McCormick raise their weapons, but someone beats them to it.  Just as the Engineer places his hand on the jewel in the center of the table, Akari is there, her SWORD IN HAND.  She whips the blade across the back of the Engineer's knees.  He falls to his knees in a cry of pain.  Akari flips the sword around, and PLUNGES THE SWORD UP TO THE HILT into the back of the Engineer's head, it's blade exiting out of his left eye socket.  The Engineer's lifeless form crashes to the ground.

 

Shaw and the rest rush up to Akari.

 

                    GRAY

          We thought you were dead.  Are you injured?

 

Akari turns to face them and HER SYNTHETIC SKIN is torn on her face.  A large piece is missing.  White milky blood oozes from the tear.

 

(CONTINUED)

75.

CONTINUED:  (3)

 

                    KAPONO

          You're an android!

 

                    AKARI

              (points)

          The other Engineer has fled.

 

They turn to look.  The Monk is gone.  Just then, the green jewel on the black table begins to glow a bright emerald.  It slowly sinks into the stone.  Two loud CLAAANGGSS and the door with the alien carved into it slides open.

 

SMASH TO:

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, FIFTH SUBLEVEL - DAY

 

Harris and the rest of his group are on their way back to the staircase.  Harris, Blair, and Daniels carry large packs on their backs.  Shelly and Ramirez follow the group.  They reach the archway leading to the stairs.

 

Back at the pyramid, and the preservation chambers, the transparent acrylic molds surrounding the lifeforms begins to melt away.  The creatures inside fall to the floor.  One in particular is gruesome.  It looks like a scorpion with the head of a horse.  It's the size of a lion.  THE CREATURE TAKES A DEEP BREATH.  It's still alive.

 

Not far away, another creature stirs to life.  A bipedal creature with a Y shaped head.  Eyes are on the top of the Y and the mouth is on the lower part.  It stands on it's feet, large glowing blue eyes blink to life.  The scorpion creature is also rising.  It looks at the creature standing on two feet:  AS FOOD.  Those blinking blue eyes barely have time to register the shock, as the scorpion leaps at the creature, and screeches in pleasure.

 

Back at the stairs, everyone turns back and shines their lights on Ramirez.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          That wasn't me.

 

He turns around to shine his flashlight into the darkness.  They can hear strange sounds coming from the direction of the pyramid.  The group still can see the light from the inner workings of the structure.  Now, and then the light blinks out then comes on again.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

76.

CONTINUED:

 

                    SHELLY

          What's turning the light on and off?

 

Harris walks forward.  He strains to see in the darkness.

 

                    HARRIS

          The light isn't turning on and off.  Something's moving in front

          of it.

 

                    DANIELS

          What do you mean, something is moving!?

 

Then the sound reaches them, they hear screeches of triumph and squeals of agony.  The light is turning on and off faster and faster, until finally going out completely.

 

                    HARRIS

          Move!  Get up the stairs! 

              (to Daniels and Blair)

          You two don't stop until you reach the control room.  Do

          you understand!?

 

Shelly just kind of gurgles.  Harris turns his flashlight onto her.  She's standing there with a shocked expression on her face.  She looks down to see something protruding from her chest.  The tail of the scorpion creature lifts her off her feet and hurls her into the darkness.

 

Harris and Ramirez both fire their weapons on full automatic.  The thing is chewed into tiny bits in seconds.

 

Daniels and Blair run for their lives.  Harris and Ramirez reload their weapons, before shining their lights into the darkness.  The lights of their weapons find Shelly being devoured by two more of the scorpion creatures and a second different creature.  They both start firing.  They reload, and fire more into the darkness.  More and more screeches echo through the room.

 

                    HARRIS

          Fall back.  Follow the others.

 

Ramirez falls back to the staircase, firing his weapon from the cover of the archway.  Harris joins him, and fires from there as well.

 

                    HARRIS

          Go. GO!

77.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, FIFTH SUBLEVEL, STAIRCASE - DAY

 

Ramirez covers Harris from above as the Master Chief fires his weapon on full automatic.  Harris pauses, reloads, and pulls a grenade from his belt, pulls the pin and hurls it through the archway in one motion.  The explosion is loud in the confined space.  Harris joins Ramirez on the staircase.

 

                    HARRIS (OVER COMM)

          Lieutenant, do you copy?

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          Go ahead, Chief.

 

                    HARRIS

          Contact, Sir.  Multiple hostiles our location.  Shelly is

          down.  My group is enroot to the rally point, over.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Copy, Chief.  We got tangos our location, too.  Meet at

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CHAMBER TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

The door opens the last foot.

 

                    GABRIEL (CONT'D)

          the rally point.  Post haste.  Out.

              (to Shaw, David, and Kapono)

          You three need to get on that lift right now, and return

          to the control room.

 

A HHHIIIISSSS draws their attention to the door.  Black hands grasp both sides of the door frame.  The creature pulls itself out of it's alcove.  It is a ginormous DEACON. The Deacon extends it's inner mouth, large teeth bared and lets out a growl.

 

DEACON'S POV:  Everything is a ghost made up of electrical energy.  The soldier's brain is the electrical powerhouse, sending pulses down their spines out to their arms and legs.  

 

Gabriel and his men open fire.  FULL AUTO.  The small caliber rounds are having little effect on the creature.  It lashes out with it's taloned hands, slashing McCormick down the front.  Akari and Shaw pull out their weapons and begin to fire at the DEACON as Gray takes a look at McCormick.

(CONTINUED)

78.

CONTINUED:

 

                    MCCORMICK

          I'm fine!

 

And continues to fire his weapon.  The combined effort begins to take a toll.  The creature takes a step back.  Then another. 

 

                    GABRIEL

              (he waves)

          Back up!  Back up!

 

The group retreats toward the exit, and Gabriel uses the opportunity to fire a grenade.  The projectile flies true.  The grenade lands directly on the top of the Deacon's head, and explodes.  Acid pours from the wound as it topples forward, and lands on the table.  The stone begins to dissolve with a sickly hiss.

 

                    MCCORMICK

          Take that B***H!

 

McCormick rushes up to the creature, and fires another salvo of full automatic into the creatures oblonged head.

 

                    GABRIEL

          McCormick, get back!

 

The young seamen ignores the order.  Too pumped up with adrenaline to listen.  McCormick fires again into the creature.  He turns back to the group, smiling.  The Deacon's body shakes and convulses.  A spray of the black ooze erupts from the four protrusions on the creature's back, carried by four parasitic WORMLIKE ORGANISMS.  The entire grotesque mess lands on McCormick's back.  THE WORMS BURROW INSIDE HIS FLESH.

 

McCormick screams.  They rush to his side.  Akari kneels down and rips what is left of McCormick's shirt from his body.  Gray comes up to help, but Gabriel holds him back.  David holds back Shaw, as they watch something writhe under the fallen soldiers skin.  The sound of breaking bones echoes through the chamber.

 

Everyone looks on, astonished.

 

                    AKARI

          Get away from him!

 

She stands waving her arms urgently.

(CONTINUED)

79.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    GRAY

          We have to help him.

 

                    GABRIEL

          He's already dead, Doc.  Don't touch him!

 

The group backs away from the body to the exit.  A sickly crunch, and six legs emerge from McCormick's back.  The group is watching from the doorway.

 

A loud crack, and a creature comes out of McCormick's own body.  It flips over, and it is revealed to be USING HIS SPINE AND RIBS AS IT'S OWN EXOSKELETON.  Gabriel and Gray open fire, but the rounds do nothing.  It scurries away from them and disappears behind the Deacon.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Let's go!

 

The party turns and enters the hallway.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER,  LIGHTENED CORRIDOR - DAY

 

The lights in this corridor are crimson now.  The party keeps checking over their shoulders, afraid of what other horrors could come at them from behind.

 

                    GABRIEL

          We've got to get to Zero One, and try to contact the Tartarus.

          The captain has to know he's got to nuke this entire site.

 

                    SHAW

              (agrees)

          To dust.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, LIFT - DAY

 

The group gathers on the transparent lift.  This time they welcome the chance to stand on nothingness.

 

All eyes are on the corridor they just left.  Their weapons at the ready.  They disappear into the dark as the lift rockets them downward.

 

 

80.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CHAMBER TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

An Engineer's unconscious body.  The one Gabriel shot with a grenade, lays there, still on the floor, the suit it's wearing can be seen mending itself.  Repairing itself, and kneading the wounds in the flesh back together.

 

The Deacon's body shudders.  THE EXOSKELETAL TROG crawls up the side of the dead creature.  Watching.  It scurries across the floor to it's hapless victim.  It inserts the impregnating tentacle into the Engineer's mouth and wraps it's skeletal legs around the head, nestling down to finish it's sole purpose.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, STAIRCASE LOWER LEVEL - DAY

 

Harris empties an entire magazine into the darkened archway of sublevel three.  He pulls a grenade from his belt and launches it through the doorway before rushing up the stairs toward Ramirez and the others on the level above him.  One more level to the control room.  Almost there.

 

The blast from the grenade shakes them to the core.  Harris notices the others are not moving.

 

                    HARRIS

          Don't stop!  Keep moving to the control room!

 

Daniels out of breath stands to protest.  A deacon erupts from the dark archway behind her.  It claws, tears, and rends at her back, tearing the pack from her body.  The pack falls to the steps, and the decon sinks it's inner jaws into her should, wrenching it's head back and forth.  Daniels screams and is carried over the edge by the force of it. 

 

She falls past Harris.  Her screams fading, and finally stopping in the darkness below.  Ramirez and Harris let loose a volley on full automatic. 

 

                    HARRIS

          Grenade.

 

They both pull pins, and lob grenades over the edge of the stairs.

 

                    RAMIREZ

              (shoves Blair)

          Move.  Move.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

81.

CONTINUED:

 

Ramirez picks up Daniels fallen pack and rushes up the stairs behind Blair.  Harris is right behind him when their grenades explode below.  Inhuman screams and screeches are their reward.

 

They reach the top of the stairs and emerge into --

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CONTROL ROOM - DAY

 

Ramirez and Blair are out of the stairway waiting.  Harris emerges just as Gabriel and his group join them from the stairway above.

 

                    HARRIS

          Back away, back away.

 

He snatches the tablet from Blair as everyone retreats from the stairway.  Inhuman sounds are getting louder and louder.

 

 

INT.  SCREEN, ENGINEER TOWER IMAGE, LOWER STAIRWAY - DAY

 

The image of the lower staircase.  Harris fingers the display highlighting all the beacons in the lower staircase.  He gives the image one tap.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER,  CONTROL ROOM - DAY

 

Resounding booms, in quick succession can be heard as pieces of stone fall into the stairway.   A small portion of the floor caves into the hole.

 

A great rush of air, and the ground shakes somewhat as a billow of dust erupts from the collapsing staircase.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Master Chief.

 

He walks up to Harris.

 

                    HARRIS

          Sir?

 

 

(CONTINUED)

82.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL

          I want you to take the rest of the group, and return to our

          landing site.  Get Captain Jessup on the horn and make

          sure he turns this tower into a crater.

 

                    HARRIS

          What about you, Lieutenant?

 

                    GABRIEL

          I'll stay behind and cover your escape.  Then I'll get

          aboard the ship and destroy the bridge to make sure

          that damn thing doesn't go anywhere.

 

                    HARRIS

          You'll need my help, Lt.

 

                    SHAW

          And mine and David's.

 

Gabriel considers it for a moment.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Ramirez, Gray.  Take the equipment and you two take Kapono

          and Blair back to Zero One.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          But, Sir. . .

 

  GRAY

                               But, Sir. . .

 

                    GABRIEL

          No, buts.  That's a direct order.  Get moving and we'll

          join you later.  Here take this tablet. 

              (hands it to Gray)

          I've set it to auto so it will circle you in a perimeter.

          Anything gets near you, and they'll light it up.

 

They hesitate.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

83.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    GABRIEL

              (roars)

          NOW!

 

That gets them moving.  Kapono helps with the packs, and Ramirez and Gray lead them down the hallway, and out of sight.

 

Gabriel looks at David.

 

                    GABRIEL

          David, this place has a power source, yes?

 

                    DAVID

          Yes it does.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Is there some way we can cause a chain reaction or meltdown

          of that energy source?

 

                    DAVID

              (after a moment thought)

          It's possible, I suppose.  But, why?

 

                    SHAW

          He plans to destroy the tower.  And the ship with it.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Can you help me to do that, David?

 

                    AKARI

          Why don't you ask him?

 

She points to the console.  The Monk walks from a concealed doorway in the side of the head.  He pays them no attention, and walks to the controls.  He begins tapping on the controls, bringing up an image of the building and ship.

 

David walks up to him, but keeps out of arms reach.  David speaks to him in that language he spent years to learn. 

 

The Monk looks at him surprised.  He responds to David, also in that language.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

84.

CONTINUED:  (3)

 

                    DAVID

          He says, he has begun the process.

 

The Engineer taps the controls, highlighting a part of the building.  He makes some adjustments, and the language begins to get smaller and smaller.

 

Monk speaks to David again.

 

                    DAVID (CONT'D)

          There is a fifteen minute countdown.  Then this area will

          be turned to vapor.

 

                    SHAW

          Ask him why they hate us, David.  Ask him why they want

          to kill us.

 

                    HARRIS

          This may not be the best ti. . .

 

                    SHAW

              (interrupts)

          This may be the only time we have.  I've come all this way

          for the answer to the question.

 

                    GABRIEL

              (to David)

          Ask him.

 

David regards the Engineer, and speaks to him at some length.  The Engineer c***s his head to one side, listening to this strange thing posing questions to it.

 

                    SHAW

          Ask him why they created us, if they just wanted to destroy

          us.  What did we do to change their minds?

 

The Engineer looks at Shaw with an understanding look.  Monk walks up to her.  Towering over her like a father to his infant daughter.  Gabriel and Harris instinctively reach for their weapons.  There is no need AS THE ENGINEER BENDS FORWARD UNTIL IT AND SHAW ARE FACE TO FACE WITH ONE ANOTHER.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

85.

CONTINUED:  (4)

 

                    MONK

              (hesitant; English)

          We did not create you.

 

The purpose of the movie.  Shock.  The moment we have been waiting for, and -- Alarms suddenly sound.  Monk suddenly returns it's attention to the control console.  He taps a few controls, and looks surprised at David.

 

He speaks in his native tongue for a few moments.

 

                    DAVID

          He says someone has begun the launch sequence on the ship.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CHAMBER TO THE PANDORA - DAY

 

The Exoskeletal Trog can be seen lying on the floor not moving.  Dead.  The Engineer is gone.

 

 

EXT.  ENGINEER TOWER - DUSK

 

Kapono and Blair exit the tower.  Ramirez and Gray follows closely behind.  They throw the gear into the cart behind one of the vehicles and climb into the seats.

 

 

INT.  PLANET, ATV, DESERT - DUSK

 

Gray is in the driver's seat.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Floor it.

 

Gray does so, and they race off across the desert leaving a cloud of dust in their wake.

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, ATV, DESERT - DUSK

 

The drones race around Gray's vehicle at a low altitude.  The vehicle is perhaps half a mile from the tower.  The sensors in the drones detect motion at the base of the structure. 

 

 

86.

 

INT.  PLANET, DESERT, ATV - DUSK

 

The beeping tablet gets Ramirez's attention.  He pulls it out from beside Gray's seat, and taps the controls.

 

                    GRAY

          What is it?

 

                    RAMIREZ

          A bunch of nasties heading our way.

 

Ramirez uses the drone cameras and zooms in on the base of the tower.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Those creatures the Chief and I tangled with are coming

          out of what looks like air vents in the side of the tower.

          Some look like they're digging their way out through

          sinkholes at the entrance.

              (a pause)

          Most of them are heading right on our trail.  Some are

          heading into the entrance to the structure.

 

                    GRAY (OVER COMM)

          Lieutenant, do you copy, over!

 

Nothing but static.

 

                    GRAY (CONT'D)

          Lieutenant Gabriel, this is Corpsman Gray do you copy, over?

 

                    GABRIEL (OVER COMM)

          This is Gabriel.  Go ahead, Doc.

 

                    GRAY

          Some hostiles are crawling their way out from sublevel

          at the entrance to the tower.  Some are following us across

          the desert, but a few are coming your way through the door

          at the base of the tower.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Thanks for the heads up, Doc.  We can handle it.  Good Luck.

          Gabriel, out.

 

 

87.

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CONTROL ROOM - DUSK

 

Alarms are sounding from the console.  Monk is appears calm and relaxed.  He looks from the image display, to the corridor leading to the entrance, and back again.  Monk presses a few buttons and with a flourish, twists on the glowing orb as if he were turning a doorknob.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, ENTRANCE PASSAGEWAYS - DUSK

 

A network of cobwebbed laser walls flashes to life in regular intervals along the hallways leading to the control room.  What creatures that made it into the structure run into them, and are instantly cut to pieces.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, CONTROL ROOM - DUSK

 

The Engineer looks satisfied and taps the controls some more.  The sounds coming from the console are negative.  Monk tries again, and again with the same result.

 

He looks at David, and speaks urgently and at length.

 

                    DAVID

          He says, that he is unable to stop the ship from taking off.

          The intended target is undoubtedly, Earth.

 

                    AKARI

          I'll take care of it.

 

She turns toward the crumbled staircase leading upward.

 

                    HARRIS

          No, wait.  We'll go with you.

 

                    AKARI

          No.  It is unnecessary.  Lady Yutani gave me specific

          instructions that I were to not allow any mass contagion to

          leave this planet under any circumstances.

 

Akari is climbing the staircase when Gabriel calls to her.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

88.

CONTINUED:

 

                    GABRIEL

          Do you have enough ammo?

 

                    AKARI

          More than enough.

 

                    DAVID

          Take the lift ten levels above where we went before. 

          That corridor in the ship leads directly to the bridge!

 

She disappears from site down the hallway leading to the lift.

 

Monk operates the controls, highlighting a tunnel stretching out into the distance away from the tower.  The Engineer taps them again, and it begins to glow green.  He turns to David, and speaks to him.

 

                    DAVID

          He says it is time to leave.

 

                    SHAW

          Leave?  And go where?

 

The Engineer looks at her, and speaks again.

 

                    DAVID

          To his home.  To Paradise.  You can make your own path

          now.  And find your own answers.

 

Monk gestures to all of them.

 

                    DAVID

          We can all go with him, he says.

 

They look at each other.  As if on cue there is a screech as one of the creatures dies in the laser curtained hallway.

 

Gabriel nods.  So do the others.

 

                    GABRIEL

          Tell him we'll come with him to his home, David.

 

 

(CONTINUED)

89.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

David speaks to Monk, gesturing at all of them.  He nods and leads the way to the giant head in the room.  The door to the concealed chamber is still open.  The group enters the room.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER, SECRET LIFT - DUSK

 

The party is no sooner inside the chamber, than the lift rockets them sideways, away from the tower and away from danger.  Shaw looks back and sees the tunnel they are racing down exploding and collapsing as they leave the tower behind.

 

                    SHAW

          The tunnel is collapsing!

 

They turn to see.

 

                    DAVID

          Yes, Elisabeth.  To be certain nothing, and no one can follow.

 

 

INT/EXT.  SECRET LIFT - DUSK

 

Racing along with the lift, the view changes to racing along the desert.  Then plunging down when it reaches the green ocean.  Deep down the tunnel ends at a MASSIVE DISK SHAPED SHIP.

 

 

INT.  PLANET, DESERT, ATV - DUSK

 

Gray's vehicle is almost to the transport Zero One.  Ramirez is still operating the drones using the tablet.

 

                    RAMIREZ (OVER COMM)

          Transport Zero One.  Do you copy, over?

 

                    MILTON (OVER COMM)

          Go, for Zero One.

 

 

 

 

 

         (CONTINUED)

90.

CONTINUED:

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Chief, we're coming in hot with hostiles on our tail.  And

          the ordinance on our drones is almost spent.  You think

          you could get her fired up, and cover our six?

 

                    MILTON

          No problem, Ramirez.  Firing it up now.

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, DESERT, ATV - DUSK

 

The drones make a straffing run on the small pack of creatures still chasing Gray's vehicle.  Machine guns blazing, rockets firing.  A few creatures are killed.

 

 

INT.  PLANET, DESERT, ATV - DUSK

 

Ramirez slams his fist against the tablet.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Damn!  Out of ammo!  Well I can still ram the b******s.

 

He manipulates the controls, looking over head as the drones come in low, flying directly toward the shaped in the distance.  Ramirez notices trails of white smoke arching over the desert coming toward them from the direction they're heading.  The ROCKETS speed past them overhead, heading in the same direction as the drones.

 

                    RAMIREZ

          Perfect timing, Chief. 

 

 

EXT.  PLANET, DESERT, ATV - DUSK

 

Ramirez steers the drones to a the group of creatures and crashes the ROVs into the ground in the center of the group.  THHOOOMMM echoes through the desert.  Parts of the crafts fly in all directions, at the same time, the rockets EXPLODE showering the area underneath them in a rainstorm of cluster bombs.  The bomblets explode on impact, in quick succession killing any creatures that survived the impact of the remotely operated vehicles.

 

 

 

     (CONTINUED)

91.

CONTINUED:

 

Gray pulls his vehicle behind the Zero One transport.  They hop out of the ATV grabbing their packs before rushing aboard the craft.  They are no sooner on board, when the ship begins to climb.

 

 

INT.  ENGINEER TOWER/PANDORA - DUSK

 

The lift stops at the tenth level above where Akari and the rest first encountered the Engineers.  Akari races through the corridor to the ship.

 

She comes to the door, and quickly taps on the controls.  The door slides open, and she enters, running down the hallway leading directly to the bridge.  The door isn't even closed yet, when she is momentarily thrown off balance.  The corridor in the open door drops away, as the ship rises into the air. 

 

Akari watches THE DOOR CLOSE BEFORE heading down the hallway at a dead run.  SHE DOESN'T HAVE MUCH TIME.

 

 

INT.  PANDORA, BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - DUSK

 

THE ENGINEER PILOT IS SITTING IN THE ICONIC CHAIR IN THE CENTER OF THE ROOM.  Akari draws her sword as quitely as she can.

 

Akari slowly approaches the PILOT CHAIR on silent feet passing through the blue holographic representation of the galaxy, where it had plotted a course to Earth.  The pilot convulses.  Akari freezes in her tracks.

 

The Engineer Pilot's body shakes violently.  There is a loud CRUUNNCH  The pilot's body heaves upward as a CHESTBURSTER erupts out of the pilots chest spilling onto the floor.

 

 

EXT.  PLANET/PANDORA/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

The Pandora ship leaves the planet's atmosphere, followed closely by Zero One.

 

                    GRAY (O.S.)

          Chief, we have to destroy that ship!

 

                   

 

 

92.

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Gray is in the seat between the pilots, pointing out the cockpit window at the HORSESHOE craft speeding ahead of them.

 

                    MILTON

          We've got nothing on board that will penetrate that hull!

 

A beeping console takes the copilot Holly's attention.  She taps the instruments.

 

                    HOLLY

          I've got another ship on my screen, Chief.

              (flips switches)

          It's the Tartarus!

 

 

EXT.  PANDORA/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE/TARTARUS - SPACE

 

The Tartarus zooms across space heading for the planet.  The Pandora, with Zero One following behind, races from the planet.  The ships are on a collision course.

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

                    GRAY (OVER RADIO)

          Tartarus.  This is Black Jack Three, do you copy?

 

                    COMMAND CONTROL (OVER RADIO)

          This is the Tartarus, go ahead Three.

 

Gray unclips his belt and stands between the pilots.

 

                    GRAY

          You have to destroy that alien ship coming right at you!

 

                    JESSUP (OVER RADIO)

          This is, Jessup, Black Jack Three.  Say again?

 

                    GRAY

          DESTROY THAT SHIP, CAPTAIN!  It's got a payload on board

          and it's heading straight to Earth. 

 

 

 

93.

 

INT.  TARTARUS/BRIDGE - SPACE

 

The bridge of the Tartarus space carrier.  Soldiers manning stations, Jessup is looking out the windows toward the ship racing toward him.

 

                    GRAY (CONT'D OVER RADIO)

          You have to blast that b*****d to dust!

 

Jessup looks at the soldiers around him.

 

                    JESSUP

          You heard him.  Sound general quarters!  Target that ship

          with everything we've got.  Ready missiles on my command!

 

A flurry of activity, and chatter over comms as the captain's orders are put into motion.  The Pandora is steadily getting larger in the window.

 

                    FIRE CONTROL OFFICER

          Locked and loaded ready to fire, Captain!

 

The Pandora is closing the gap between the two ships.

 

                    JESSUP

          FIRE AT WILL!

 

 

EXT.  TARTARUS/PANDORA/TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

Streaks of light from the Tartarus gun batteries bombard the Pandora.  Small explosions impact the hull of the alien craft.  Some of the heavy tracer rounds ricochet into space without harming the ship.

 

 

INT.  TRANSPORT ZERO ONE - SPACE

 

The glowing beams of tracer rounds flies into the Pandora.  A few large blobs zip past the canopy, while other rounds bounce off the alien ship into space.

 

                    MILTON

          Oh, s**t!

 

Milton banks the transport hard over, and dives for their lives.  Gray is thrown back into his seat, where he struggles to reattach his seat harness.

 

94.

 

INT.  PANDORA/BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - SPACE

 

Akari raises her sword over the alien chestburster on the floor.  -- THWAAAAM -- The ship is rocked with explosions, and she is thrown off balance, crashing to the floor.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS/BRIDGE - SPACE

 

The Pandora isn't stopping, and the volley has little effect even in slowing it down.

 

                    JESSUP

          HELM, HARD TO PORT!

 

                    NAVIGATOR

          Aye, Sir.

 

The navigator pushes the controls to the left until they stop.  The entire bridge crew brace themselves against the hard maneuver.

 

                    BRIDGE OFFICER

          She's going to hit us, Captain!

 

He points out the window to the Pandora looming to the right side windows.

 

                    JESSUP

          Sound collision alarm.

 

The blaring claxon sounds.

 

 

EXT.  TARTARUS/PANDORA - SPACE

 

The tip of the right side of the horseshoe strikes the rear end of the Tartarus.  Pieces of the Tartarus hurl into space going in all directions.  The glowing engines sputter, then cut out completely.

 

The horseshoe craft tumbles, and flips through space as though someone has flipped a massive oddly shaped coin in some cosmic sporting event.

 

 

INT.  PANDORA/BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - SPACE

 

Akari is hurled across the floor.  She slides from the platform of the pilot's chair, and slams into the wall, disappearing from view.  The alien goes in another direction.

95.

EXT.  PLANET, OCEAN SURFACE/COASTLINE - DUSK

 

The black saucer shapped craft rises from the green ocean.  Water pours from the top of craft as it climbs into the sky.  The ship heads toward the desert into the blazing orange-yellow sunset, fading into vague purples and blues.

 

The ship climbs higher and higher, with the Engineer Tower in the distance. 

 

One minute the tower is there, the next -- KAFOOOOMMM -- The explosion is beyond sound as the tower suddenly lights up brighter than the two suns on the horizon, and disappears into oblivion.

 

The disk ship pauses, then streaks through the clouds, and is gone.  A shockwave pushes the clouds away just as the ship disappears into space.

 

 

CUT TO:

 

EXT.  TARTARUS, PLANET ORBIT - SPACE

 

The ship orbits LV-267.  Crews in spacesuits can be seen in and around the stern of the ship as repairs are being made to the hull.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS, CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS - SPACE

 

Gray, Ramirez, and Kapono are sitting at the captain's conference table opposite Captain Jessup, Nicholas Weyland, and Kaya Yutani.

 

                    JESSUP

          I'm afraid not, Gray.  There is no sign of Gabriel, Shaw or David.

              (a pause)

          The survey team found the site, but it's just a crater now.

          It must have been one hell of an explosion.  It's ten miles

          wide, and three miles deep. 

              (beat)

          They're gone.

 

                    GRAY

              (angrily; to Weyland)

          I hope the tech was worth it.

 

 

 

(CONTINUED)

96.

 

                    JESSUP

          That will be all, Corpsman.  You three are dismissed.

 

Gray and Ramirez stand, salute Captain Jessup, then turn to follow Kapono to the door.  Just as it is closing behind them Corpsman Gray looks at Ramirez and Kapono.

 

                    GRAY

          Old Nick Weyland can kiss my --

 

The captain pulls a cigar from his pocket.  He lights it and looks at Weyland and Yutani.

 

                    JESSUP

          I may not have the allies in the Colonial Administration

          you two do, but this is still my ship.

              (a beat)

          Get the hell out of my office.

 

Weyland and Yutani both stand and leave the captain's quarters without another word.  The captain stands, and walks over to his belongings and pulls out a glass and a bottle of brandy.  He pours himself a drink and downs it in one gulp.

 

 

EXT.  PANDORA - SPACE

 

The ship is tumbling aimlessly through space.  Blind chance balances itself against the chaos, for a planet looms in the vessels path.  Gravity pulls the ship on a collision course with FATE.

 

 

EXT.  PANDORA/PLANET - IONOSPHERE

 

The falling ship slams into the planet's atmosphere.  The hull of the vessel glows a deep orange and red as the air forces the ship to stabilize itself as it plummets to the surface.

 

 

EXT.  PANDORA/PLANET SURFACE - NIGHT

 

The ship hits the surface smashing into boulders, and earth, crashing along like a flat rock skipping across the surface of a pond.

 

It finally smashes to a stop.

 

 

 

97.

 

INT.  PANDORA/BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - NIGHT

 

Akari stumbles to her feet.  Pops, and sparks illuminate the room in flashes.  She picks up her sword lying not far from her.  She walks onto the raised platform.

 

This is where she sees it.  The alien birthed from the pilot.  It's changing before her eyes.  Where it was once small, it is now larger than her.  It is covered in a white rubbery skin.  A sickly sound as it writhes on the ground, it's hands rip, and rend the flesh from itself.

 

The thing throws away the useless molted skin.  Underneath, glossy black.  It rises to it's full height.  The beast is not a deacon, but it DOES HAVE A DISTINCTIVE head.  THIS IS A QUEEN.  Not, as yet fully grown, but it is larger than Akari.

 

Akari readies herself, bringing up her sword.

 

The queen extends it's jaws out of it's folded head, and hisses, baring those nightmarish teeth.

 

QUEEN'S POV:  The energy of the universe.  Everything is made of atoms, and electrons.  Only different colors, and intensity.  Akari's electrical pulses are different than a humans.  Wire instead of nerves, and a power source in her chest sends continuous energy throughout her body.

 

The queen lunges at Akari.  With the speed of an android, Akari flashes past the alien.  The queen stands transfixed for a moment.  Akari raises her sword like a hardened samurai on the battlefield.

 

Blood on the steel hisses, and melts the sword in half.  The sword separates into two pieces.  The top half clangs to the ground at Akari's feet.

 

The queen's intestines spill out onto the floor.  It turns to Akari, stumbling to it's knees.  Akari throws what's left of her sword at the queen.

 

The sword sticks directly into it's head.  The queen squeels in agony.  Akari then draws her pistol and starts firing at the creature, advancing as she does so.  She empties the clip, ejects the magazine, then draws another from her belt and slams it home.  Akari, almost on top of the alien mother, empties the entire clip into it's head.

 

The queen falls.  Dead.  The blood from it's head adding to the hole already made by the intestines, melting away the floor.  The hole opens up, and the queens body falls from sight.

 

(CONTINUED)

98.

CONTINUED:

 

Akari walks over to the hole.  She takes a flare from her belt, activates it and drops the device down into the hole.

 

 

INT.  PANDORA/CARGO BAY - NIGHT

 

Akari's flare illuminates the cavernous egg chamber.  The plasma fields are still operational over the eggs.

 

 

INT.  PANDORA/BRIDGE/NAVIGATION/HIBERNATION ROOM - NIGHT

 

Akari stands from the hole, looks back to the iconic chair holding the dead pilot.  She walks over, and climbs up the chair.

 

She leans over the pilot and starts pushing the controls over the pilot's dead body.  After a moment, a signal is heard.  Akari pushes a few more buttons and jumps down to the floor. 

 

Akari goes to the control panel on the lower floor, and punches a few buttons.  The control chair rises from the floor, and panels open up revealing the entire device.  She sits in the chair, waiting for it to swing into position.  Akari picks up the flute beside the controls and plays the tune.  Energy flows into the console.  She operates the buttons, and panels on the floor beside the pilot's seat open up.  A HIBERNATION CHAMBER rises from underneath.  She punches some more controls and the chamber opens up.  After punching on the buttons a while longer, she stands up, walking over to the cryostasis device.

 

The control chair she just left fold back into the floor, and panels swing closed over the controls.

 

Akari walks to the hibernation chamber and climbs inside.  She settles herself in, and the doors close over her.  The chamber sinks back into the floor, and panels swing closed, hiding it from view. 

 

The room is quiet.  Dark.  We travel farther and farther away from this iconic scene until we are outside of the ship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

99.

 

EXT.  PANDORA/PLANET SURFACE - NIGHT

 

Winds howl, debris and ash fly around the ship.  The iconic image of the HORSESHOE craft resting on a raw primordial world.  A signal is heard echoing from the ship.

 

 

EXT.  PLANET - SPACE

 

The sound of the signal.  Repeating again, and again.  CALLING.  WAITING.  WARNING.

 

 

INT.  TARTARUS/STELLAR CRYPTOGRAPHY - SPACE

 

The back of the room, once again at the largest console with the large screen in front of it.  A black haired man sits at the controls, his back to us.

 

Weyland and Yutani stand behind this man staring at a display on the screen.  A planet can be seen.

 

                    WEYLAND

          Are you sure?

 

                    YUTANI

          Yes.  Course plot and speed.  It crashed almost three hours

          Ago.

 

                    WEYLAND

              (glances at screen)

          Hmm.  A new world?  Designate LV-426?

 

                    YUTANI

          Yes, and a very long way off.  The captain tells me the

          engines are almost repaired.  We can be underway by tomorrow

          morning to return to Earth.

 

                    WEYLAND

          It's too bad, we can't trust him with getting to that ship.

 

                    YUTANI

          I agree.  It would be unwise.  Besides, I'm told that with

          the engines at decreased operational capacity, our journey

         

(CONTINUED)

100.

CONTINUED:

 

                    YUTANI (CONT'D)

          back to Earth, will be over double the time spent to travel

          here.  To proceed onto LV-426 would be fifteen years.  That

          would be an unacceptable amount of time for be to spend away

          from my company.

 

                    WEYLAND

          I agree.

              (a pause)

          You know, our endeavor together has been very advantageous

          for both of us.

 

                    YUTANI

          Yes it has.  Information gleaned from the ship's systems,

          and the technology removed from the planet's terraforming

          device, will keep our engineering and technical personnel

          busy for decades.

 

                    WEYLAND

          Perhaps, when we get back then, we should consider merging

          our interests on a more permanent basis?

 

                    YUTANI

              (a thought)

          An interesting notion, Mr. Weyland.  I'll will definitely

          consider the idea.

 

                    WEYLAND

          And who knows.  Perhaps in the future, when we can construct

          better engines, we may be able to get our hands on a specimen

          from that ship.  If Kapono is right, and the entire knowledge

          of an advanced civilization is hidden inside the genetic code,

          we could unlock secrets neither of us has even dreamed of.

 

                    YUTANI

          Perhaps.  But we must move cautiously, and covertly.

 

                    WEYLAND

          You're right of course.  The Colonial Administration does

          have our best wishes at heart, but in some circles, I have

 

 

(CONTINUED)

101.

CONTINUED:  (2)

 

                    WEYLAND (CONT'D)

          fallen out of favor.  They will never allow a dangerous

          organism past their quarantine laws.

 

                    YUTANI

          So, who can we trust with such a delicate, and dangerous

          assignment?

 

                    WEYLAND

              (to the man sitting)

          What about you?

 

The man turns, and we see that it is not a man, but an android.  The same model as David, but with black hair.

 

                    ASH

          I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can Mr.

          Weyland.

 

Weyland studies him a bit.

 

                    WEYLAND

          I never really liked the look of my brother's design.  Maybe

          some modifications are in order.  Different face, perhaps a

          little shorter? 

              (to Ash)

          How would you like a complete rework, Ash?

 

                    ASH

          As you wish, Mr. Weyland.

 

 

FADE TO:

 

 

BLACK

 

THE END.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2019 Sam Ammons


Author's Note

Sam Ammons
a 1st draft. 1st screenplay. any comments are VERY welcome. i know the format is wrong. i was unable to upload the original so I had to copy and paste. If you like this story or any other of mine, please recommend them to your friends and others. Thank you for your support.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW! You wrote all that?? Amazing, you are very talented. Man, it took me forever to read through it. Some small errors, but that is to be expected for a first draft! I absolutely loved it, I think you totally killed it with this. If you could read "One Man's Soul," for me and leave a review I appreciate that. Thanks a lot!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

No problem!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

WOW! You wrote all that?? Amazing, you are very talented. Man, it took me forever to read through it. Some small errors, but that is to be expected for a first draft! I absolutely loved it, I think you totally killed it with this. If you could read "One Man's Soul," for me and leave a review I appreciate that. Thanks a lot!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

No problem!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2952 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2019
Tags: Prometheus 2