What are the Harmful Effects Of Chemical Cleaning On Drain Pipelines

What are the Harmful Effects Of Chemical Cleaning On Drain Pipelines

A Story by Silverio Santos
"

Drain cleaning is essential to prevent the water from backing up in the sewage pipes.

"
Saving money is no doubt crucial, but comprising with the quality of cleaning just for saving a few bucks doesn't sound appropriate. Moreover, there are few things that should not at all be compromised with.

When it comes to home maintenance, drainage system is one of the essential element that should be focused upon. Cleaning it regularly is crucial to provide an unrestricted flow of water. Using harsh chemicals to overcome the issue of clogged drains is an ideal way of saving money, but its regular use can greatly degrade the life of a drain pipe.

Though one can save money by using chemicals instead of professional cleaning, the results achieved may not be efficient or long lasting. To improve the performance of a drain, its essential to clean it using power flushing or hydro jet techniques. In case any of your residential drain pipes are clogged, avoid the forth coming problems by getting them cleaned from experienced plumbers or Toronto drain cleaners.

Few reasons not to use chemicals are:

1. Highly Toxic: Almost all chemicals are toxic in nature and can cause various damages to pipes and health risks to a family. Their contact and after use effects can cause irritation in eyes, nose, throat and skin. Chemical usage is injurious both to animal and human health.

2. Pipe Damage: Due to the presence of hydrochloric acid, these chemical liquids or powders can create large holes in the iron pipes, thereby causing costly damage. Since acids eat up the enamel present on the surface of sinks, pipes and bathtubs, even a minor damage will ask for complete replacement.

3. Environmental Damage: Chemical usage is harmful to environment and natural deposits. This is the only reason why certain chemicals are being banned in various countries. By getting mixed with water sources, they can turn them into toxic. The use of this contaminated water causes various health and hygiene issues in humans and animals. Instead of using harsh liquid cleaners, go for a homemade solution of baking soda and water which is both effective and eco-friendly.

4. Septic Damage: In order to get smooth running drainage system, its crucial to induce natural bacterial growth in septic tanks that helps in breaking down the waste material. By using chemical cleaners, these bacterias get killed and eventually the process of breakdown disrupts. To avoid the complete drainage system failure, its highly recommended not to use chemical cleaners.

These were the few harmful effects of using drain chemical cleaners. From the above discussion, its quite clear that chemicals can disrupt the natural flow of drains and can degrade the pipe materials. Santos Water & Drain Service is a premiere plumbing company in Toronto that offers wide range of reliable and efficient drain cleaning, plumbing installation and power flushing services for residential and commercial clients at affordable prices.

Website:

© 2017 Silverio Santos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 25, 2017
Tags: drain, repair, cleaning, service, chemical, pipes

Author

Silverio Santos
Silverio Santos

Toronto, Onatrio, Canada



About
Santos is the leading provider of plumbing & drain services in Toronto. We provide comprehensive plumbing solutions including 24 Hour Emergency Plumbing solutions including 24 Hour Emergency Plumbing .. more..

Writing