Like a Bee

Like a Bee

A Poem by Santulan
"

I've taken a friend of mine as a muse over here. She's a great writer and dancer (tango)

"

Like a bee she buzzes by,

Over here once

Enchanted by the beauty of the flower

And then away to another one.

In a striking black dress

Every eye in the room turns

Hoping to catch a glimpse

Of the lady who dances to the tunes

Everyone else seems to be dancing

But not her,

She seems to be enchanting

Her each step speaking,

Telling her story

Just like a bee.

They say It takes two to tango

Those who’ve seen her,

Mesmerized by her grace

Seem to join in

Dancing along in another realm

For when her words come out

Or her eyes blink

They get transported to another world

Reminiscent of the fragrance that lingers

Even after she passes by

As if she is the flower,

She is in search of.

Like a bee she buzzes by

Over here once

And then away

Leaving everyone

Hoping they were the sweetest flower.

© 2008 Santulan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Silly me. I read your poem and loved it. Put it in my favorites and then went away without leaving any words here. I had to come back. I couldn't leave without telling you what a graceful, lovely story this is. My youngest daughter will be this woman someday. I see this in her already. Wonderful, wonderful words.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the finish of this poem but I wasn't always swayed by the words. I like the poem for the effort you've put into it though I found the images turning here and there (like a bee?). I think it has more to do with my own views of bees and trying to link it with an image of a confident, enchanting woman didn't work for me.

But nevertheless, thanks for sharing

Samith

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such beautiful flow, and a perfect metaphor. This is a dazzling piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. I think that a lot of women strive to be this person, but only the ones who come by it naturally are able to pull it off correctly.

Posted 16 Years Ago


just beautiful Santulan. Exquisite writing. Do I know this muse? (giggles) are you going to make me guess, lurk on your friends list to see the one who tangos....
I would never do that - I'm just teasing. But I do hope you send the poem to her as a read request. It is awesome, very lyrical - and I bet it would make her smile....
peace. so good to read your work here. I have always been a fan.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Em's sends are always sooo good, but take me forever to catch up, not so busy as I'd like to bee hehehehe.. This is flittingly cute, and reminds much of the bee, and much of the comment till you drop look at me me me, buzzing like a bee... Nice muse, nice activity, nice sweetness.. Nice little write... Lovely.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A dancers every movement should speak...very well captured observations
nicely done

graceful in its own right

Blessssssss

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the feel of this piece ... it feels whimsical in a way. Nicely written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my ...... your words are as just as enchanting as the subject. Simply exquisite. Mx

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Captivating imagery you have created here and I hope the muse is honored to have it written about her because it is a beautiful poem. I love the flow.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This flows like a beautiful song. And I do believe I've known that enchanting woman, seen her at numerous functions, wished I could be more like her. Great write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

552 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 18, 2008
Last Updated on March 19, 2008

Author

Santulan
Santulan

Ahmedabad, India



About
Am here here to share my musings and writings with you, and maybe improve my self from what you comment and reiew. Being a vintage Libran, I am in constant search for establishing an Equilibrium in m.. more..

Writing
ParkBench ParkBench

A Story by Santulan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..