Time tripper

Time tripper

A Story by Sara


The professor smiles starkly at me though the glass putting his thumb up, I glare back but nod to show that I was ready.

I swallow and glower at him when he turns away. Five grand, free tuition plus living expenses, I should’ve taken that first deal. It was too late now, not after all that has happened. 


I want to cry, but I won’t not in front of them. No sane person would do this willingly, if I had the choice I would rather fight a rabid bear. I really would.


A technician wearing a lab coat pulls a lever half way down and entered a pass code and looks at the professor for direction. I think the Tec guy’s related to the Professor or maybe he's being blackmailed. From what I’ve seen so far from the Dr., I’d bet the second of the two. 


Either way he never looked me in the eye, and I notice the scar under his chin. I shiver.

The professor walks over and enters the initiation code and through his special goggles gives me one final glance over his shoulder and then finally presses enter.


The lab is suddenly bathed in blinding white light, but then I realize I'm not in the lab any anymore. I was outside splayed out on the grass. 

I try to stand but stagger and then trip. Falling over I vomit onto the side of the road. My vision blurs and I fall out of consciousness as the sun begins to set. The bright orange colours burn into my eyes.



What felt like only moments later the sound of hooves and gruff sound of men talking wakes me. I fell myself being lifted, roughly off the ground and again I lose all sense of time.

 I vaguely remember a dark beard, gloved hands and a creaky old wagon. I remember thinking the cuckoo professor was right, the b*****d had realy sent me back in time.


© 2013 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent story so far.
You probably should edit this, simple
stuff that you can see same as I.
This has the growing elements of a
great mystery.
Work on it.
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sara

11 Years Ago

Thank you for kind words and for commenting, I'll be editing and posting the new version when I have.. read more
Interesting story of time travel. It must have been odd to go that far back to the days of the OK corral shootout. lol It could use a little revising. There were some run-on sentence and some spelling issues but altogether a good story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sara

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to proceed after this point I hadn't it out I just had the idea for this s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2012
Last Updated on February 2, 2013

Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is Sara, all you really need to know about me is that I love a good story. It doesn't matter what shape, length or style. The story is what I live for. I'll read any story, novel or book. .. more..

Writing
Identify me Identify me

A Story by Sara



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sexy Sin Sexy Sin

A Poem by Sarah Lynn


And So.... And So....

A Poem by Sky