Cadaver Road

Cadaver Road

A Chapter by Sarah>_>

I don't remember much. Not much at all.

All I know is that I'm living in Japan now, but I don't speak Japanese. My dad is an archeologist and is always out of the house. I don't go to school a whole lot because all they do is talk behind my back, and I can't understand anything anybody is saying either way.

After my dad left me alone in my room, I fell asleep again.

I woke up in my bedroom... but I was still dreaming. I walked out of my bedroom door and walked out into the room with even more funny doors. I just walked into one at random, and got on my bike.

I was in a vast, epmty room... it was so dark you could barely see anything, exept the occasional unlit street lamp and rain puddle.

Then I wandered, and wandered, and wandered.

I found a doorway that looked almost like a subway station entryway. Before I knew it, I was riding down a dark road, and there were giant floating monsters along the side of the road with glowing eyes and twisted facial expressions. They slightly resembled human uteruses. They were in groups of five. First a pale pink creature, then a purple one, then a gray, then vivid red, then a pale pink again. I kept going and they disappeared, then reappeared shortly after in the same way: pink, purple, gray, red, pink. Pink, purple, gray, red, pink. It kept going like this for nearly half an hour. I turned around and began to head back. I noticed there weren't any more creatures.

But then, there was one more. It was dark green and had blue and red eyes. Right as I passed it, its eyes moved to look at me.

Soon came a dark, dense forest area. It was raining heavily, and the forest was so dense I could barely see between the trees, and the path was dark ahead of me.

I kept going without hesitation. Nothing can hurt me here. The silence of the forest and the warm smell of rain was inviting, though I could feel no rain.

Something was wrong, I couldn't have been riding for longer than 10 minutes before I saw a streetlamp shining in the night not too far ahead, and something didn't smell right.

 

When I approached it, I could see in the dim light quite clearly that there was a rotted corpse of a young man, lying face-down on the road. It looked as if it could've been rotting for weeks, and the stench of death was heavy in the air-- But oddly enough, he was lying in a pool of blood that looked almost fresh.

It took a few minutes for me to realize there was something lying in front of me, before the corpse. I hopped off my bicycle and bent over to pick it up. It was large and heavy, rectangular-shaped. There was warm, pugent-smelling blood dripping from it, falling onto my clothes and getting on my hands.

Under closer examination, I realized that it was a broken and cracked stoplight. After a minute of looking at it, the stoplight dematerialized in my hands.

Next thing I knew, I was doing something I vaguely remember doing as a kid when I had nothing to do and wanted to play pretend. I had fake cat ears and a cat tail pinned onto me. I got on my hands and knees, which got blood on the rim of my skirt along with my palms and my legs. I crawled up close to the corpse, until I was almost above it. The stench was overwhelming, but I didn't care.
Meow, meow! I said. The body twitched beneath me.

All of a sudden the road was too dark, the stink was too horrible, the bloodwas too sticky, the rain was too heavy and my skin was crawling. I pinched myself on the cheek to wake myself up.

 

I woke up in my room, it was probably about 5 AM by then. The blood and the stench was gone, but I felt something in the back of my mind worming its way out and taking form.

And all I could do was lay there and think.



© 2011 Sarah>_>


Author's Note

Sarah>_>
This is heavily based off the game Yume Nikki.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011
Tags: fanfic, Yume Nikki, shitai


Author

Sarah>_>
Sarah>_>

Right behind you, IL



About
Lol hai guys. That is all. more..

Writing
81 99 81 99

A Story by Sarah>_>