Slipping Away

Slipping Away

A Story by Sarah

Cries of pain, screams of agony; whispers of farewell, blessings of sorrow; voices in your head, telling you to leave; voices in your heart, telling you to let her go, while you stay, buried six feet under...

Darkness is looming in, bricks crushing on your feet, your toes. You tell your sister to leave alone. She stares up at you uncomprehendingly. You can hear your heart break. Your innocent, beautiful, sweet little sister, whom you will never see again...

Time is running out. Your heart races as you watch her struggle up to the hole above, where light - your only hope - slips in discreetly. Blood is trickling down her leg, and her face is full of scratches, fresh with red and black. You breathe a sigh of relief as you see her reach the hole, her body disappearing upwards. You catch a glimpse of her face, then she's gone.

Rumbling begins a couple of miles away. You visibly panic. In the total darkness you are alone, helpless and vulnerable. Your instinct is to run, but the debris crushing onto your body is too much to bear. Blood is gushing out like a river of red from your multiple, skin-deep wounds. Yet there is nothing you can do.

Suddenly everything starts shaking wildly. Pieces of rocks come out of nowhere and start hitting at your head. In all the confusion you bang your elbow on a hard metal object. Pain shoots up your arm and your left side goes numb. Your heart is full of dread and you scream, once, twice. You are rewarded with complete silence.

Tears stream down your face as your world starts to go black. Your vision becomes fuzzy and you seem to be zooming in and out, here and there. The hole above, your only way out, has vanished without a trace. In front of you, standing still as ever, is your mother, translucent and smiling. You know it is a hallucination but you do not care. You reach out for her; yet you fall back in exhaustion.

You count your breath, fading away. You count the minutes, then you count the seconds. You get to eleven, but you are too tired to do any more. You feel yourself slipping away. You close your eyes, and never open them again...

© 2012 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow...I seriously have no words..just WOW! This was SO GOOD. You are such a good writer, FORREAL. Parts of it gave me the chills! It's really creepy and somewhat disturbing and that's partly the reason I love it so much :) splendid job, I hope to see more of your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah

11 Years Ago

Thanks!!
SmileBig :)

11 Years Ago

Anytime :)



Reviews

Wow...I seriously have no words..just WOW! This was SO GOOD. You are such a good writer, FORREAL. Parts of it gave me the chills! It's really creepy and somewhat disturbing and that's partly the reason I love it so much :) splendid job, I hope to see more of your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah

11 Years Ago

Thanks!!
SmileBig :)

11 Years Ago

Anytime :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 17, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012

Author

Sarah
Sarah

Moscow, Russia



About
Hi! I'm Sarah, I'm 13 and I'm a chocoholic. And I love writing (well I wouldn't be here if I didn't). I'm best at short stories and novels (unless I get tired with the plot). Poetry -- don't even ment.. more..

Writing
Aidan: Purple Aidan: Purple

A Chapter by Sarah


Liliane: Orange Liliane: Orange

A Chapter by Sarah


Aidan: Red Aidan: Red

A Chapter by Sarah