Chapter 05

Chapter 05

A Chapter by Sarah

The heat of today is overwhelming; I don’t know where to begin to describe the sun’s state. It kisses our skin as we relax on the sand for the day, smiling down on us. I, in all honesty, am not fond on summer, so I’m trying to stay out of it. Jett is in the water, just sitting in it. This is getting ridiculous, I want to go back to the institution where it’s much cooler, but we can’t as we have to wait for Black Rose to come out of her trance. I don’t get it though, what could’ve made her that happy? We have our theories among us, but I’m not too sure. I mean, she’s Black Rose, if anything, she should have no happy memories at all, but apparently I was wrong.

 

I watch the wave’s crash against one another, soaking the rocks on the side as they did so. It’s such a peaceful thing to do, watch the time pass by like there’s no care in the world. I want to paint it, but I can’t due to the fact that Andy is waving from the rocks. Damn him, I really don’t like him. I spot Shadow at the corner of my eye, talking away with Raj. See, these are the people I can commune with, not idiots.

 

Shadow walks up to me, setting herself by my side, “Daniel, what up?”

“What?”

“Are you okay? You seem lost…”

I sigh, “I’m fine, just buggered.”

“Buggered? You tired?”

“Yeah, tired…”

“Oh…” She glances over at Black Rose, “I wonder what she’s thinking about…”

“Sam-” A blast of wind shocks us all, as we flew back into the ground, our heads hitting the dirt in the process. I shot up, annoyed as hell. That’s when I notice Black Roses confused look. I glare, “Idiot! You hurt us all!”

Black Rose, oddly enough, held a hurt expression on her face, “I did?”

“Ah, yeah! You kind of did!” I stormed off into the forest, cursing, “Stupid, bloody git.”

 

Its late afternoon, and I’m outside reading that book. Well, more on the light thing. I don’t get it, what light? I haven’t seen that light for five years, in fact, I’ve never seen it. It says it’s somewhere towards north of the forest area that is surrounding me. But where? I wish books were more persists than they get, it’s really annoying. I shrug this off though, staring at the late afternoon sky.

 

Such a nice scene, the way the clouds disappear like that always fascinated me. It makes me smile and wonder what the world would be like if everything went according to plan, the way God intended it to go. I really want to see that happen one day, but I know it’ll never happen, it can’t. It just wouldn’t be right if it did, but I wouldn’t mind seeing it for one minute though. Yeah, that’ll be the best.

 

A huge from behind me jerked me forward. However, I got a giggle in return, “Brother!”

I laugh, “Hey, Emma.”

“What are you doing all alone?”

I point at the sky, “Just watching the horizon, sis.”

“Really?” She seems to stare at the horizon for a brief moment, before sitting next to me, “It’s very boring, it’s just the sky, Dan.”

I sigh, she’ll never understand, “I just like it, alright?”

She nods, “Why do you always come out here anyway?”

I shrug, “Haven’t got a clue…” It was getting late, so I stand walking back inside, she doing the same. I’m so tired, I really don’t care what time it is. “I’m out, night Emma…” She waved, heading in the opposite direction.

 

I’m on my bed now, just staring blankly at the ceiling. I need to clear my mind a little, today was strangely relaxing, it didn’t make sense. I want to sleep, but the world is sitting, it’s so still. Why must my mind always do this to me, why must I always be so confused at everything? I don’t want to be confused; I want to have a smooth running mind.

 

Just why is this world so confusing to me?

 

A tap on my shoulder woke me back into reality, and I sat up, realising I slept through the night somehow. Glancing up, I notice one of the trainers was there, smiling at me. I shot out of bed, standing in front of this woman trainer, quite startled.

 

She smiles, “You must be Daniel Smith, right?”

“Ahh, yeah?”

“Oh good! I got the right boy! You have training with me in the forest area in fifteen minutes.” She walks out the door, smirking, “Don’t be late now…”

 

Training? On a Sunday? Great, this is just perfect. I hurriedly put on my uniform, rushing out the door and towards the kitchen. There was a log line up and that out me one the spot. However, people were walking past, and this gave me an idea. A random person walked passed, toast and other stuff on her tray, and I ‘accidentally’ tripped her, grabbing some toast and rushing out the door. That’s one way of getting things done.

 

I ran towards the forest area, meeting with four other people. Two of them were Andy and Raj, the other was Black Rose. The lady from this morning, she was there, smirking at me. She shouts, “You’re late!”

“I am?” I huffed.

“Yes, now your team will start a minute later in the exercise today.”

“What?”

“Thanks, genius…” Black Rose snarls.

 I smile sarcastically, “You’re welcome!”

“You two, will you please be quiet and pay attention?” As our heads turn towards the trainer, she sighs, “And people wonder why you two are here…”

 

I sigh, paying attention. Just what was this exercise going to be?



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: 21


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah