Fading Relationships

Fading Relationships

A Story by Saumya
"

The truth of today..

"
Person 1: "You're the sweetest person I've been blessed with in my life, I wish our friendship lasts forever! 
Person 2: Indeed! I'll make sure this lasts forever :)

(And the sweetness remains constant, increases, and may even end sometimes, but one or the other person mentioned above, makes sure the bonding remains good.
  Years later, both the people become busy with their personal and professional lives, and hardly get time to communicate. Even if ones tries, the other person is busy enough to talk, and same becomes the dominant case for the other person.


 The " Communication gap" widens,and it is in very less time, this sweetness phase starts ending, and bitterness takes over! people start complaining, Ego takes its deep roots, and both almost stop caring...though the unknown truth here is, that " we don't forget friends, but with the advent of time, priorities change we  get busy with many important aspects of life, and  hardly realize when and how the person who shared,a major part of our life, and meant so much, now exists in just a mere small corner of heart, that rarely works . This condition is inevitable."

In a world like today, where social media is one of the easiest way to communicate, share, see and know what's happening in our loved one's life, it does its best to make us close to the people  who are just miles far from us, in different country, in different state etc. But the point is..Does this really help?
Nope! not actually. We spend a small sum of time with our friends and loved ones through social media, and that too not daily.It is an obvious fact, that we can't manage doing video calls, the entire day and everyday, in a time where we hardly have the time to know whats happening in a neighbor's house even, or to inquire on our health issues. To be very short and precise.." Even social media cant fill the gap in relationships, and cure the malady of " Fading Relationships" if we actually don't have time!

   

 What good are those social applications, and your Phone itself or even those letters etc.  if what you actually lack is that deep sense of empathy, care and the utmost priority to communicate with your loved ones no matter how busy or tired you've been ? We obviously breathe and eat no matter how busy we've been the whole day, we find time for it..guess why? 
It is because, we cant live without these! 
Our friends, our families and our loved ones should be this important!  it may sound philosophical , but its practical,and  so important!

All losses of materialistc stuffs, can be recovered sooner or later, but the mere thought of loosing a loved one, an asset of our life, and that too because of our own carelessness, is a loss that can't be, no matter how hard we try later! After-all, at the end what matters is the quality of people we've loved and been loved back the most..that will sooth us on our deathbed. Neither will our money, nor will be that big house, but those that have loved us all our life surround us with those tears of love and care.
Nothing lasts forever, nor will a love, intimacy,or a relationship, and fortunate are those who are blessed enough to be loved back by the same set of people whom he/she has loved his whole life.

If you truly care, show! keeping things with yourself, and assuming that the other person will understand, has never been a cure to fading relationships, and will never be. Don't let your laziness, selfishness, and carelessness be  cause of losing someone precious that may cause you a deep regret later and forever.

Think, rethink, and do what needs to be done, and don't you dare treat this pious voice in your heart as a second or afterthought.
What actually has, and forever will keep a relationship in a good place is a proper communication, devoid of Ego.)
else, this will be the consequence:


Person 2 : "Hello, how are you? I missed you a lot these past years! "
Person 1 : "Sorry, I don't remember you anymore, (you might have been a special person in my life who never cared enough) Though, I'm happy, you still care.


© 2022 Saumya


Author's Note

Saumya
This is a different kind of I've posted at WC this far..i hope you all enjoy reading it.Do let me know if there are any edits required( through a message in my inbox here)
All reviews are welcome, let me know what you felt after reading this piece

Thank-you for reading, reviewing an rating in advance! :)

-Saumya

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Keeping a relationship alive depends on both the parties! You cannot insist on continuing a friendship that reached its end! usually heartbreak, and insults will be the rewards if you do insist. Sometimes you need to give the other person his or her space to realize tha value of a relationship! Good friendships usually stand the test of time.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This story treats an important problem in the world today. It is ironic that with all of the electronic communication devices we now possess, nothing will help unless we care enough to make it help.

Posted 4 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pb
This was something I can relate..whenever i felt i had too much in my hands,people left me,
but whenever I moved on they came back. Honestly, i still believe that this happens for a reason..and if it happens often to u,you just get used to it,like i did. But, the thing I did is that i am taking myself in the first place, coz when u do that you'll see that people won't leave you.

hugs,
pb

p.s. sorry, I am late at reviewing this,but I was taking care of myself and got distanced from this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


"What good are those social applications, and your Phone itself or even those letters etc. if what you actually lack is that deep sense of empathy, care and the utmost priority to communicate with your loved ones no matter how busy or tired you've been ?"

Truer words havent been spoken.
I agree. I met my friend Norman over coffee yesterday... we could barely talk for 10 mins with awkward silences. This despite us following each other on instagram, twitter what not... we really weren't keyed in into each other's lives.
Social media is delusional.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hard work to keep communication open. I liked your logic and your thoughts. Always a pleasure to read your work.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


‘U just someone I used to know’.. lack of communication and silence separates, not distance, it’s all in the actions not the words, we see who really cares.. people only miss things when they no longer have them, it doesn’t take time to just say hi and show you care. I agree life passes people change get caught up in life but it’s all in choices we make..well written🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such a nice piece of writing, I kinda relate to it but if you made it all a conversation between two people or a full story it’d have been better, keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing. This is lovely. Uplifting.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

..........I feel this.....I'm living this.....well done! the pictures and quotes are a nice touch (that last one kicked too hard......in a good way - wow!)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thoroughly enjoyed this piece because it speaks to the core values that we should all have in our personal relationships. Imagine how many people are out there in the world with regrets such as, " I wish I got with that person or I wish I spent more time with them. Time is one thing we can't get back in life and we need to make the most of it with the people we cherish. Thank you for writing this! Its truly wonderful. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this a lot. A different kind of post. One thing I noticed is the first paragraph starts with a parenthesis and there is no ending parenthesis to close it off. Very much enjoyed this piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 21, 2017
Last Updated on December 26, 2022
Tags: priorities, people, fading

Author

Saumya
Saumya

India



About
Hi all:) this is me....Saumya well, i don't have much to tell you all about me.. but yes to start with, I love writing & painting.(you can find some of my paintings in the "my photos" section of.. more..

Writing
Write Write

A Poem by Saumya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Rose Red Rose

A Poem by Zephyr


A Woman A Woman

A Poem by Saumya


Friend Friend

A Poem by Saumya