If This Was A Movie

If This Was A Movie

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

Please tell me honest reviews!

"

I woke suddenly from sleep, my breath caught as I strain to listen.

I hear the gentle thump, thump, thump as footsteps make it up the stairs.

 I leap out of bed and open the closed door, expecting him to be there with open arms.

Instead I’m staring down a dark and empty stairwell.

Thump, thump, thump.

 

I place a hand on my chest, just my heart.

My broken heart.

 

Memories flood back into my mind, painfully, as I relive these last six months.

  Six months since I’ve felt your arms around me, the whisper of your voice in my ear, and the deep green color of your eyes as you watch me sleep.

 

 I can still smell your aftershave on my pillow, as I lay back down. Before, I would of held it close. Now all I want to do is throw it across the room as the ache in my heart throbs harder.

I can still remember the nights we went out, our friends joking about the two of us but I didn’t care. They just didn’t understand me and you.

Now all I can do is scream at the ceiling for you to come back.

 

 I think of how if this was a movie you would wait outside of my door and sweep me into your arms as the rain came down.

All you had to do was say you’re sorry, we could work it out some how.

But I think.

If this was a movie you’d be here by now.

 

I know how people change and these things happen, but what if we had just work them out.

Would you of stayed or did you just not care anymore.

I remember the night you didn’t call. I paced the hall for hours, not bothering to call anymore because all of my wasted time went straight to voice mail.

 

 I gather the courage to go to your house, not caring whether or not it was the middle of the night. You promised you’d always be there, so where are you?

 

When I reach your front door I’m about to knock but I hear laughter just behind the door. I peek through the window into the living room and see your hands wrapped around a stranger, and just when I seem to of hit rock bottom you pull her close and kiss her.

All while I was standing on your front porch.

 

I race down the street, tears stinging my eyes and all I can remember was the night you said:

“Nothing is going to change not for me and you.”

Now I stand at my bedroom window looking out at the full moon, wishing that you would come back or at least tell me you have moved on. I think of how it could be, but I also think of how you used me, and told me nothing but lies.

 

Even your love feels like poison now every time I remember you.

I don’t know how long I stand there thinking to myself, but I’m jerked back into reality when the door bell rings.

 

I open the door and you stand there with a grin on your face like

nothing has even happened.

 

Tears cloud my vision, but I hold them back, so he won’t see.

He opens his arms wide for me but instead of running to him I slam the door in his face.

 

I lay in my bed crying, only this time I cry for joy because I found the courage to say no to you.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
I based this off of Taylor Swift's song 'If This Was A Movie'

Thank you everyone for your reviews! It means a lot to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off, i think it is awesome that you came up with this story based off of a song. That is a really neat idea! Secondly, I thought it was well written and I really enojoyed reading it. You did a great job describing and I never lost focus on the story. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved this concept. You turned an overused concept of finding out how fast your significant other moves on into something more deeper. The way your mind works interests me, haha. Wonderful job at the detailing. The ending was absolutely amazing, instead of sorrow and depression, you say that the tears are for the joy of moving on. That part really surprised me, and it tied up the whole story perfectly. Brilliant job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


captivating descriptions, and beautiful flow to all your writing!:] nice job
im able to imagine this girl very vividly, nice detail

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG that was so good it filled my mind with suspence i love it and taylor swift talented you are.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
nicely done keep up the work,

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really good, I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
15 Reviews
Added on December 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..