One Hundred Years I Cry

One Hundred Years I Cry

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

...

"

Beginning of Year One: I cry for the joy of being born, for the new life I now have.

 

Year Five: I cry of a scrape knee, but I am comforted by love and learn to try, try again.

 

Year Twelve: I cry because I’ve lost a person I loved dear, even if one day we’ll meet again.

 

Year Fifteen: I cry because I thought you loved me, but learn now that you only used me.

 

Year Eighteen: I cry secretly at night upon my pillow because I’ve found the one who treats me right.

 

Year Twenty: I cry with my friends because today, when the hats touch the ground, we start the chapter of our new lives.

 

Year Twenty-two: I cry because I’ve said “Yes” to the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

 

Year Twenty-nine: I cry over my job, but your arms are there to hold me tight.

 

Year Thirty: We shared tears over the head of our new born, for he never had the chance to live and grow.

 

Year Thirty-one: Tears are bare, for the sorrow is too deep, but I manage a few when you say “I love you.”

 

Year Thirty-five: I cry of pure joy when God blessed us with not one, but two to love.

 

Year Thirty-seven: I cry of laughter from playing with the children and the joy they bring to my life.

 

Year Fifty: I cry out of frustration of my teenage daughter, for why does she hate me? But give time we both end up in each other’s arms. She says “I’m sorry.” I say “Blame the hormones.” Then we both cry because we are doubled over in laughter, with the argument in the past.

 

Year Fifty-three: I cry at my children’s graduation, for it’s their turn to take on the world, and I can only hope that I’ll be apart of it.

 

Year Sixty-two: I cry because I’ve lost you, my friend, my one true love, the keeper of my heart.

 

Year Seventy-three: Eleven years I cried for you. I cried for the familiar warmth of your body next to mine each night. I cried for the echoes of your laughter that ring no more. I cry because I long to be with you.

 

Year Eighty-four: I grow fragile and weak, my mind and body is that of a stranger’s. My children try to comfort me, and their love numbs the pain. Even the cries and laughter of the grandchildren you never saw, bring a smile to my face every once and awhile. But still I cry each night, begging you to take me home.

 

Year Ninety-eight: It’s become a ritual to me, each tear I cry for you. Every night I send one tear up with my prayers, hoping you know just how much I still love you.

 

Year One Hundred: Who am I? I sometimes wonder, for this is not who I use to be, someone so weak and frail. I am bed ridden and all I can do is dream of those fields me and you would run through. I dream of the golden beach you took me to, and the hidden cove where you stole a kiss even if they were free. I remember your soft green eyes, and the way you used to look at me, with soft, everlasting, adoring love.

 One tear slips through, while I sent up my prayer and told my love “Goodnight.” and “I love you.” one more time.

 A light shines down at the foot of my bed, and I tremble at the unearthly sight.

 “Be not afraid.” Says the Angel, who’s beautiful face glows like the midnight sun. “Your prayers have been answered.”

 I can’t help but trust the mellifluous voice of the Angel, peace fills my heart and I tremble no more.

 “Take my hand.” Said the Angel, lowering it’s palm next to me.

“But I can’t,” I cried. “I am old and weak, for I have only dreamed of walking again.”

 The Angel smiled, such a warming sight to mine eyes. “Spill no more tears, for your loved one is just outside.”

 Whether the Angel’s hand was there to help me or not, I stretched my legs out of bed, touching the floor I haven’t felt in years. Gasping unto the Angel’s arm I walk out of the house I’ve been imprisoned in for so long.

 I feel the cold night air, it’s breeze caressing my skin. The stars are brighter than I ever could imagine in my best dream, I stood dazed by their unmistakable beauty.

 How could I ever forget a world this beautiful, when it laid just beyond my window!

 “Behold,” The Angel said, pointing to the hill that laid not far from the house. The same hill I spent many sunsets on with my love.

 I cast my eye upon the silhouette standing on the hill, he held his arms wide, laughing. “Are you going to make me wait much longer?”

 The Angel released my hand. “Go, you must make this journey alone.” It said before vanishing.

 I stumbled once and twice, fearing that I would never make it up the hill. Taking one shaky step at a time I make it to the base of the hill, looking up I can see my lover’s face so clearly now.

 “Come join me!” He called down, and my heart raced just as it had when I was a teenager, he was so close yet so far.

 Another step, my breath comes in rasps. Oh, how can I continue?

My love calls down again. “I love you, please hurry!”

 Another step, only this time not so shaky, then two more, each more faster as I find new strength in my frail bones.

 Step after step, movements now so swiftly, I can feel the youth I once used to be.

 Soon I’m running, I feel twenty again, my body fresh and so new, I thrust myself into his loving arms and I feel the warmth I’ve missed for almost forty years.

 I look at his face, so young and strong, just the same as I remember the day he said “I do.”

 He took my hand in his, I take some notice that my skin no longer holds meager to the bone, but as if I really am twenty again.

 My lover takes his other hand, which he lays sweetly upon my cheek.

 “For every tear you cried, I cried.” He said. “I left, but my heart stayed. For it is you I can only live.”

 He lead me up the golden stairway, where I shed no more tears.



© 2013 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
my account got hacked :( so all the veiws and reviews i had are gone
so sorry to all the ones who wote all those honest reviews!

Thanks to Dragon X for teaching me a new word XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so romantic... It almost made me cry! The ending was beautiful! I can't help but admire every sentence you have written. I compare it to a flower. First a frail delicate bud with a light flush of colour. Then, slowly opening up and living its life until its petals turn crisp and dry and it falls down to the ground, lifeless. I feel like reading it over and over again... One of the best stories I have read and reviewed... Simply wonderful. It just pulled me. Thank you so much for such a beautiful read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is one of the best writing I have ever read. Simply beautiful....it almost made me cry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Aww, thank you!
*sigh* I still love this piece so much. It's amazing. The thought and the tear that she shed, for so many reasons, and then finally joining her love again later- the story is impeccable.

Second time reviewing, but still I LOVE it. Your works be flawless Breeze. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The XYZ Writer

11 Years Ago

LOL. It's An Ungranted Wish.

Boring. No plot. Random short story that I wrote. Will ma.. read more
Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

- battleface-
The XYZ Writer

11 Years Ago

XD

*nods sagely, stroking beard*

I wish you luck on this most boring missi.. read more
This was a really sweet piece.It almost really did make me cry.This expresses so much and thats what makes me enjoy it. My Q's a little off topic but how'd ur account get hacked?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Angelic_Dreamer

11 Years Ago

Ur welcome. U r a good writer so far and I hope u succeed in ur writing career,if u still want to wr.. read more
Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Aww! ^-^
Thank you so much!
Angelic_Dreamer

11 Years Ago

Ur welcome
its so sad it made me cry

Posted 11 Years Ago


Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! ^_^
I love it cuddose to you you say that ur not a very good writer but ur amazing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Thank you! ^-^
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

ur so welcome
I dont normally tear up when I read things... I am pretty rock hard when it comes to writing, but this piece was amazing. Tears are in my eyes :'( Its excellent...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading!
Why in the world have I not reviewed this yet!!!????? It is beautiful, and sums up your past years. I like the fact that you put "Year ( something )" before every sentence you wrote. If you didn't put it, that would make the reader confused. I also like how you ( in the ending ) put a description on what happened to the woman. You put ( almost ) every detail on what can/would/might to a woman.

239 views and still counting? No wonder!!! I'm amazed on how good you can/could write XD. I think read this at least ten more times before I could put a review down. If you had a writing contest where you live, I would recommend entering this! I'm sure you would win.
Excellent work Summer! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really well writen. I did see a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but other than that, I love how you captured her emtions in this story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Thanks sis :P
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

No problem. It's really good.
awesome!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so romantic... It almost made me cry! The ending was beautiful! I can't help but admire every sentence you have written. I compare it to a flower. First a frail delicate bud with a light flush of colour. Then, slowly opening up and living its life until its petals turn crisp and dry and it falls down to the ground, lifeless. I feel like reading it over and over again... One of the best stories I have read and reviewed... Simply wonderful. It just pulled me. Thank you so much for such a beautiful read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1089 Views
21 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 23, 2012
Last Updated on January 7, 2013


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing