Overcoming

Overcoming

A Story by Darcy

As Aviva walks through the knee high grass, bare foot with the dogs loping through it in a dier need to catch the poor little cottontail that crossed thier path, she thinks.  Not much about her dogs acting ridiculous or the birds singing in the tree not even the occasional thistle that she steps on.  She nears the creek still thinking of him, her mind just wrapped around him, not able to think of much else.  The gurgle of the water diverts her attention for a bit as she has to now concentrate to get down the bank; to the water and wade.  The warm water calming and the rocks keep her mind busy for the shortest time until she can find a large rock comfortable to sit on.  A few bloodsuckers have found her body very attractive apparently she thinks, unlike him... when she removes them she see the blood trickling down her skin and that's when she snaps.  Breaking down and crying, her tears falling into the creek, a river of blood and tears she thinks.  How cruel and sad someone might have thought of this scene, but really this is just what she needed.  She wanted to be able to get over him and crying like that surprisingly helped.  After hours of crying she stands and she left, never again to cry for him.  And never again to let herself to get so wrapped up in herself not to see the beauty in life.  Of course he would every now and then cross her mind but after awhile she thought of him in anger so when the time came that he wanted her, she didn't want him.  He would live the rest of his life in that rejection, since unlike Aviva he couldn't quite like go.  Selfishness is the down coming to humanity, and not all are like Aviva who can see past the reject.  The glass half empty isn't the problem until it really is half empty.  

© 2009 Darcy


Author's Note

Darcy
not long but i was bored

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on June 15, 2009

Author

Darcy
Darcy

MN



About
I'm 14 year old girl, and I would like comments on how to make my work better, I write a lot of poems because they come easiest, they flow from me randomly, sometimes I don't even know what they mean more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Darcy


Not Here Not Here

A Poem by Darcy