Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.
"

Bree wakes up, Skyla's knocked out, Seth's takes advantage of Bree, and--- Wait, what?

"
When Bree woke up, she had no idea where the Hell she was.


She was in someone else's room, that much was obvious.


As she sat up, she could see a pile of laundry was in the corner of the room. And from the baggy shorts and the boxers that lied on top, Bree could safely assume that it was a guy's room.


The girl flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a moment.


Wait...In a guy's room? On a bed?


S**t! Bree thought.


Bree quickly looked down at herself, and let out a sigh of relief. All of her clothes were still on her body, where they belonged.


The brunette looked around the room, taking in her surroundings. A door was across directly the room and a window was on each side of the bed. A few feet away from the door, a black leather couch was pushed up against the wall. A desk was against the wall on Bree's right, and on it sat a fairly new computer. A dresser sat on the left side of the left side of the desk, and a swivel chair was in front of the computer. A black sound system was on the left side of the bed, along with shelves of CD's that lined the dark blue walls.


“Okay...Now what?” Bree muttered to herself.


The girl slid off the bed and walked to the door. She tried to turn the knob and open the door, but it was locked. Annoyed, Bree jiggled the handle impatiently, willing the door to open.


When she decided that it wasn't going to work, her eye twitched in irritation.


Spinning around on her heels, the girl walked over to the windows. They were easy enough to unlock. Pushing them up, Bree stuck her head out the window and looked down.


It had to be two or three stories high. No way in Hell was she ever going to jump down there. She wasn't suicidal. Nor did she desire any injuries.


“Well, f**k,” she huffed out, crossing her arms.


Bree turned around to glare at the door. Looks like she was going to break the damn thing down.


The brunette walked over to the door and took up a fighting stance. Pivoting on her right heel, Bree lifted her leg only to let it snap and crash through the door.


Placing her foot gently back on the ground, she inspected her work. She had hit the hinges, and the door snapped in half.


Bree watched smugly as the door came down with a CRASH!


The brunette cautiously looked left and right as she stepped out of the room, making sure that the loud noise came unnoticed. After a minute of waiting, no one showed up, and Bree took that as a sign that no one noticed or cared.


Stepping into the hall, the girl's gaze rested on the walls. The orange walls.


What kind of person painted a hallway orange?


On the dark orange walls, scarlets, yellows, and purples were painted on in random swirls and designs. White molding lined the stripped cherry wood floor and the ceiling. Lamp like lights on the walls seemed to glow. It wasn't to dark, or to bright. The ceiling was high, and the dark purple carpet soft. And the hallway had doors. Lots of doors.


Bree sighed.


“Now how do I get outta here?” the girl wondered out loud.


Deciding it was a good a plan as any, the lost brunette proceeded to try every door she came to. Every single one of those damned doors.


The first one of the doors Bree came to was a plain wooden door. Nothing unusual. Turning the door knob, she was surprised it wasn't locked.


Stepping in, the girl deadpanned. Nothing. There was nothing in the room except for a plain old bed and a desk. Nice.


Sighing, Bree closed the door and walked across the hall to the next one.


The second one was painted black with caution tape. Twisting the knob, she groaned. It was locked.


Then Bree went to a different door.


After doing that for about five doors, all of which were locked, the girl was ready to kill something.


“If I have to go through this one more time...” Bree muttered darkly to herself.


The door that Bree was standing in front of was a light colored wooden door.


She gripped the handle so hard her knuckles were turning white, praying to whoever the Hell was up there to let this door open, and have someone, or something, in it.


Closing her eyes tightly, Bree turned the knob.


To her delight, it opened.


To her shock, Skyla was in it.


To her horror, her blond friend didn't look conscious.


“Skyla!” Bree wailed, worried, running across the room to her friend.


The unconscious girl was laying on a cloth couch, with her feet dangling off the arms.


The brunette dropped to her knees in front of Skyla. Bree could see her chest rising and falling rhythmically, so she could safely assume that the blond was sleeping.


The worried girl let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding.


That danger was over...Now what about the one she was already in?


Just then remembering the stalker slash kidnapper, Bree was off of the floor and shaking Skyla, urging her to wake up.


Drowsily, the girl's eyes fluttered open.


“Morning,” Skyla yawned, stretching.


Bree just gapped at the blond like she had grown another head.


Morning? She did not... Bree thought to herself.


“Mo...Morn...Morning? Okay, first of all, it's totally not morning. The sun is just setting,” the brunette started. “And secondly, we're totally just got kidnapped, and that's all you have to say? C'mon! We have to get outta here!”


With the last sentence said, Bree was pulling Skyla up to her feet and dragging her out of the room...Or at least trying to. For Mr. Stalker decided that was the best moment to appear.


“You!” the crystal blue-eyed girl yelled. Pointing an accusing finger, Bree continued to yell at him. “What the Hell are you doing here? What the Hell am I doing here? Why the Hell did you take me in the first place? Why don't you have a shirt on? Why aren't you answering any of my questions?”


The boy sighed. “Well"“ he started, only to be interrupted by none other then Bree again.


“Did he do anything to you? Are you okay?” the brunette questioned Skyla worriedly.


“Do you want me to answer your questions or not?” the boy asked clearly bored.


Bree whipped back around to face and and gave him a cold glare.


“Why the f**k would I want to talk to a rapist?!” she nearly screeched.


If the boy's eyes could have popped out of his head, they would have. Not like Bree cared. But the expression on his face was just priceless.


“Wh..Wha...What?” he asked, frozen with shock.


“You took advantage of me!” she accused.


With that said, Skyla literally fell over laughing.


One minute she had been trying to get a word in to explain, the next the poor blond had collapsed onto the floor, trying to control her laughter.


“No I didn't!” the boy managed to get out after a minute.


“Oh really?” Bree said, ignoring her friend on the floor that she could have sworn was high or drunk. And speaking of...


“Yes, really!” he said, trying to defend himself.


“Did you put her on drugs? Huh? Did you?!” the crystal blue-eyed girl accused again.


“There you go jumping to conclusions again,” the boy said, rolling his eyes after getting a hold of himself.


“Then explain this! Sky's on the floor acting like she's been doing pot or something!”


“Breezy...I'm fine,” Skyla said, still breathing heavily from the last round of laughter.


“No,” Bree drawled out slowly, as if talking to a child. “You are high. You are not find. Now, if you'll sit down, I'm going to beat the s**t outta that stalker freak.”


“Didn't I say I didn't do anything?” he said exasperatedly.


“Like I would believe you, child molester!” Bree snapped out at the boy again.


“Bree,” Skyla said again, fully recovered for the laugh attack. “It's okay. I just thought it was funny. Now, if you would let me explain...”


The blond gave Bree a look, as if asking permission.


“'Kay...” the brunette said wearily.


Sitting down on the couch, Skyla motioned for Bree to do the same.


After her friend complied, she began the explanation.


“That is Seth. He brought you here under orders from the Council.”


Bree nodded her head in understanding.


“Him, me, and Dam---“ the girl was cut off by Bree.


So he's not a rapist or anything?”


“No. Just perverted and weird.”


“I heard that,” Seth threatened.


“Oh...Okay. Continue.” Bree said.


“As I was saying...Him, me, and Damien are Soul Chasers.”


Skyla, seeing her friends confusion quickly explained.


“We fight those creepy Shadows. Like, the one that killed Mr.Harrison.”


“But...I thought that I was the only one...” Bree trailed off, looking from Skyla to Seth.


“No...There are others,” the blond said wearily. “Let me just finish the story, and then you can ask questions at the end, 'kay?”


“Alright,” Bree agreed.


“Here at HQ, others are trained to fight them, and send them back to Hell.”


As Skyla saw her friend's mouth open in question, she quickly put a hand over it.


“No questions 'til the end, remember?”


Bree licked the bright blue-eyed girl in hopes of getting her to remove her hand. No suck luck.


When the brunette nodded reluctantly, on then did Skyla remove her hand.


“Okay...Where was I...? Oh yeah!”


She shook her head and smiled at her friend's forgetfulness.


“So, it's basically like a boarding school. We still have to take classes and stuff, but we learn how to fight to. It's kinda fun, practice, actually. Anyway. Getting back on topic. We all have these things called Guardians. They protect us from the Shadows, in a way. They warn us when there's on close by. They can also give us these super cool powers. So...I guess that sums it up. Any questions?”


Bree gave Skyla a look that clearly said you've gotta be kidding me and rolled her eyes.


“Of course I do,” the brunette said,


“Ask away,” the bright blue-eyed girl said, smiling.


“'Kay...First off...Hell exists? Like, for real? Burning and all?”


“Yep! Seriously hot to...But not so hot that you just burn up. And it's not covered in flames or anything, or always on fire. It's just really dry. And hot. Like a desert.”


Bree raised an eyebrow in question, but shook her head muttering,”Never mind.”


“Next question...If you take classes here, then why do you and Damien go to school? And why doesn't that stalker go to our school if both of you do?”


“I'm still here ya know,” Seth said, eye twitching in annoyance.


The brunette flipped him off, eyes not once leaving her friend, waiting for her question to be answered.


“Well...You were there, and I was assigned to watch over you, since we were friends before I even knew about this whole thing. Damien went to school because we're supposed to be working in groups.”


“Seth wasn't with anyone when I saw him fighting one of the Shadows.”


“Yeah, well...It was a low level Shadow, so the threat wasn't very high.”


Bree stole a quick glance at Seth, who seemed to be having as much fun as watching paint dry.


“I'm leaving,” he said, glaring at Bree before giving Skyla a little half wave. "I'll check on you in the afternoon or something."


“Later,” Skyla replied not bothering to look at him.


The brunette huffed and crossed her arms.


“So...Anymore questions?” her friend asked.


“Just one or two...” Bree started. “Um...So...What kind of powers?”


Skyla laughed a little.


“It depends on your Guardian. Like, mine is a bird. A dove named Adalia. You've probably seen her before. So I can kinda fly.”


“You can fly?!” the other girl exclaimed.


“I did say kinda. If I do it for too long, then my wings get really tired, and I can't do much of anything else.”


"Um...The Council. What's that?"


"Long explanation that I'll save for a later date. Basically, they're kind of light the...Administration."


"Hm...Good enough. For now."


"Well...I'm amusing I've answered your questions?"


"Again. For now."


"Well, let's get you settled in. You have to sleep after all."


“Oh,” Bree said sounding a little shocked. “Wait...What time is it?”


“It's about...9 or so,” Skyla said, glancing at her watch.”


“'Kay. Um...So...Where am I gonna sleep?”


“They haven't finished your room yet. So, until they do, you're gonna room with me!” the blond said excitedly.


Bree smiled and stood up.


“Where to, Sky?”



© 2012 Rayne~Drop.


Author's Note

Rayne~Drop.
Okay. A few things I'd like to say. I changed the "Elders" to the "Council" just because I wasn't thinking when I wrote it. I thought it was kinda long...But...I had to explain a load of stuff, I think so, yeah...Well, you know what to do. If I have any grammar mistakes or spellings tell me. R&R! XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

bwhahahaha. skyla 'tis one of them. an' an' an' Seth is "Mr. Stalker".

"Who paints their hallways orange?"

THAT'S WHAT I WAS WONDERING!!

*is reading on like an obsessive freakizoid*

Posted 12 Years Ago


HAH this chapter was f*****g hilarious. :D
Ya I agree with what cheezit said. xDDD
And you should write another chapter, or I will kill you in your sleep. x.x

Posted 13 Years Ago


...F*****G AWESOME AS USUAL :D
liek Cheezit said, i love when Bree flips out at Seth :D
I BETTER COME IN SOON, OR YOURE GONNA DIE AGAIN >:U

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
I f*****g LOVE that!!!! It was so f*****g fummeh when she yelled at Seth and called him a stalker and he was like "i'm sitll here" when she was talking to Skyla. It was SO FUNNY and yes. lotsa information. AND HOLY F**K SKYLA IS A SOUL CHASER TOO. :O THAT IS SO COOL. ANYWAY. write the next chapter. T^T so i can find out what the hell happens next and yea. JUST WRITE IT WOMAN!! xDDD

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2012
Tags: guardian, chaser, soul, demon, hunter


Author

Rayne~Drop.
Rayne~Drop.

♫ Death City ♥, NV



About
Hi my name's Rayne and I don't write much anymore which means I'm never on this website. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives


Third Third

A Chapter by halflives