Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.
"

Bree bares through a lesson with a more then perverted teacher, and decides that she may or may not like being called cute.

"
Seth stopped tensed up, and stopped playing abruptly. He muttered something under his breath before acknowledging whoever was in the room with him.

"What have I told you about interrupting my while I was in the middle of a piece?" he asked darkly.

"Nothing. You never said you played piano, either," Bree replied, not exactly sure whether to be annoyed by his attitude, or weary of it.

He looked up at her, eyebrows raised, clearly surprised.

"Oh, hey. How's my Bree-Bunny today?"

"Bipolar, much?" she asked, dropping her bag, and sitting down on the sofa across the room.

"I thought you were someone else," he shrugged, moving to sit on the edge of the piano bench.

"And since when do you act all...? Damn. What's the word...?"

"Moody?"

"Yeah, that. Wait, stop finishing my sentences!"

Seth just laughed and crossed his legs.

"Well, what brings you here?"

"Anything and everything but my own free will," she muttered, mostly to herself.

"Might those forces be Darcy?"

"Hell to the yes. I mean, what the Hell was she thinking? Why the Hell should I have to learn piano from the likes of you?"

The boy's eye twitched in annoyance.

"The likes of me?"

"Yes!" she said, throwing her hands up in the air exasperatedly.

"...I take much offense to that."

Bree sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I mean, it's just...I don't like listening to people. It's worst because you're the same age as me," she huffed, folding her arms.

"I'm sixteen. Two years older then you," he reminded her, holding up two fingers.

"Age doesn't matter. Age difference just doesn't mean anything."

"..."

"..."

"If I'm going to teach you, we need to start somewhere."

"You're not teaching me."

"Then who is?"

"...I hate you with all my heart as of now."

"I'm so flattered to be the sole reason of your agitation. Now please tell me you can read sheet music."

"I can read sheet music," Bree said simply.

"Tell me without lying that you can read sheet music," Seth said, looking at her hopefully.

"..."

"Aw, f**k, this is gonna be a long hour."

"You think I'm happy about this?"

"Stop complaining and get your little a*s over here," he sighed.

"My little a*s, as you put it, will stay planted in this chair."

"It's a couch."

"Then what the f**k ever. It'll stay planted in this couch until class is over."

"Then what are we supposed to do?"

"You are going to do whatever you normally do."

"Does that mean you want me to---"

"NOTHING. PERVERTED."

Seth sighed in mock disappointment, and turned to face the piano.

"Any requests?" he asked, stretching out his fingers and placing them lightly on the ivory keys.

"Can you play Nothing and Everything?" Bree wondered hopefully after a moment of thought.

"By Red? ...I can try," he drawled.

"Get to it, Seth."

"Now is that any way to talk to a teacher?" he chastised.

"Are you treating me anything like a student?" she challenged.

"C'mon. Call me Professor. Y'know you want to," Seth teased.

"You can't be serious."

"Ah, but I am."

Bree mashed her teeth together before mustering up the last of her dignity.

"Please play, Professor," Bree ground out through a clenched jaw, embarrassment flooding through her.

"If you insist, young pupil."

"Never. Do that again. It was just...Creepy."

"...I have to agree...I'm just...Gonna play now..."

"You do that..."

He muttered something Bree didn't quite catch, and let his fingers glide across the grand piano's keys.

She closed her eyes and lifted her head to the ceiling, relaxing as the dark sounds of the instrument filled the room. She found herself humming the lyrics, and was more then a little disappointed when the song ended.

Not that he needed to know that.

"Class dismissed," he said before standing and closing the cover of the piano.

Bree had to blink a couple times before she could respond.

"They're done in there already?"

"Mmm...Probably not."

"...Sounds good to me."

She grabbed her bag and followed Seth out of the room. He gave Darcy a halfhearted wave, and picked up the book bag he'd left by the front door.

"And she doesn't mind you leaving early?" Bree asked, curious as she was lead down the hallway.

"Nah. Not too much," he replied honestly. "I practice there when school's out too, so I guess she thinks that it makes up for it or something."

The girl nodded, scanning the empty halls. Quiet. Thank God.

"So...Um...We get food next, right?" she asked, digging through her bag for her schedule.

"Yeah, lunch is next. But do you wanna go outside for a bit, or head straight for Dinning Hall?"

"Mmm...Let's walk."

"Been to the garden yet?"

"...You have a garden?"

"More or less."

"How much longer until the rest of class let's out?"

"I'd say at least a half hour. Probably more."

Seth abruptly stopped, causing Bree to slam into his back.

"Hey, what's with---"

"Walk with me, not behind me," he said, seeming quite agitated as he put an arm around her waist and guided her along side him.

"What're you so pissy about?" asked jokingly, jabbing his side lightly with an elbow.

"It's kinda hard to hold a conversation when you aren't by my side, y'know," he said pointedly.

"Like we were actually talking," she retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Then what would you like to talk about?"

She thought about that for a moment.

"Why can't I become a cat, and you can?"

"Well...It's not exactly encouraged unless there's an extended amount of time you're okay with being locked up here."

"...What?"

"Uh...S**t, how can I explain this? Um...People have been known...To get stuck in that form."

"..."

"And it's been known to take at least a week to change back."

"...So...I'll...Stay a cat?"

"It's a possibility."

"I won't like water?"

"Depends."

"On?"

"Desdemona's personality."

"I see."

They walked out the back of the building and along another path before they reached the garden.

A wrought-iron fence and arch decorated the entrance, with lush green bushes that made it look almost like a maze on the inside. Seth grinned as Bree took his hand and ran in.

White roses and glory lilies surrounded them as the maze like bush walls turned into slightly shorter barriers. She could see over the top of them now.

They ventured deeper, and the types of flowers became more and more diverse. After awhile, Bree sat down on one of the wrought-iron benches, and smiled at how everything seemed to match.

"Stay there," Seth ordered, patting her head lightly before disappearing.

She merely rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Desdemona, who jumped out of the shrubs.

"Who's my pretty kitty?" she murmured, scratching her head. "Eh? What do we have here?"

Bree plucked a flower out of the cat's mouth. The Guardian purred and jumped down to rub her face on the girl's leg.

"A...Black rose?"

It was real. She could figure that much. The petals were soft, and slightly damp. Probably from getting watered, since it was too late for it to be dew.

Placing the flower gently in her lap, she looked down at her Guardian.

She had a few options, the way she saw it.

Be bored and wait for Seth to return, or entertain herself.

She chose to do something fun.

"C'mere kitty."

She reached down to hold the cat in front of her.

"Any idea how I can turn into a cat?" she asked, as if her pet knew the answer.

Desdemona only mewed, showing off her sharp teeth.

Bree sighed and set her on the bench.

"Some help you are," she muttered.

Again, the cat purred.

Then, something odd started to happen.

It was really hard to describe. But...It just felt weird.

The top of her head felt like it was expanding. It didn't hurt or anything, it was just more then a little awkward. At the base of her back, she could feel something soft slide out of the top of her jeans. Her eyes started to itch, so she rubbed them out of reflex.

Opening her eyes, everything looked different.

Gray-scale. It looked like most things were in black and white. She could pick up a few traces of color but...Had she gone color blind?

"Hey Seth. I saw the cat ears and you are not Seth unless there was a gender-bend that I wasn't aware of in which the possibility would be zero out of zero for more then one reason one being that you have blue eyes although it's not impossible for you to have gotten contacts but you don't wear glasses and your vision is twenty twenty or something."

Bree blinked and looked up at some guy.

His hair looked dark. And his eyes looked kinda blue. Or something. Goddammit what the f**k was wrong with---Did he say cat ears?

"...Who the Hell are you?"

"Name's Spencer. I am the mentor that Seth never wanted. You...You do know Seth, right?"

Bree nodded firmly.

"Cool."

"Can I ask you're name, beautiful?"

"She's unavailable now stop hitting on her."

Seth came around the corner with a small bouquet of flowers. Ones that she couldn't tell the color of for some f*****g idiotic reason.

He walked over to Bree, handed her the flowers, and scooped her up.

"Why? Who's is she," Spencer asked, grinning.

"She just totally belongs to me," Seth replied, rolling his eyes.

"Ya gotta stop picking me up like that," Bree mumbled, closing her eyes and swinging her legs.

"S'fun though."

"Course it is." She opened one eye and looked at Spencer. "The name's Bree, by the way."

"She seems nice," the mentor commented. "Glad you finally got yourself a girlfriend. I was afraid you'd be playing for the other team...Not like it'd be a bad thing, it'd just be awkward for more then a little while."

"He was being sarcastic," the girl sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Nah. Think I'd like to keep you," Seth smiled.

"I'm not some pet you can keep, jerk. That's what Beelzebub's for."

"Aww...Really? But you're so much cuter," he all but purred.

Bree pursed her lips and glared in the opposite direction, trying to hide the fact her face was on fire.

"Later," he said, walking past him.

"Bye!" she called over Seth's shoulder.

"See ya," Spencer waved, walking further into the garden.

"...Can I be put down now?" Bree asked after a while.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." After setting her upright on her feet, the two continued walking.

"Well. What now?"

"Lunch. I'm starving."

"But...Wait, how the Hell am i gonna change back?"

"...How did you change in the first place?"

"...Uh...I blame Desdemona. She did something!"

"Uh-huh."

"Really!"

"Whatever."

"You're such a jerk!"

"Yes, well. I aim to live up to your standards."

She growled and stalked away from him, leaving the garden for good.

"Just tell me how to change back."

"I would if I could."

"...You're kidding me, right?" Bree said, looking back at him with disbelief.

"Nope."

"Then take me to who the f**k can fix it!"

"I would...But one, you're too cute as a little cat. And two, Lenobia is working with the little kids now. Do you even like children?"

"F**k."

"Anyway. To lunch. I'm starving."

"Eh? Bu-bu-but but but I can't!"

"Sure you can," he replied, grabbing her wrist and dragging her away to the dinning hall unceremoniously.

It wasn't until they got to the giant double doors that Bree escaped from his grasp.

"I. Am not. Going. In there. Like. This," she growled, back towards the door.

"Sure you aren't," he sighed.

"I'm serious, d****t."

"And why don't you want to go in there?"

"I look f*****g stupid!"

"You look adorable. End of story."

"Y-you're just saying that," she protested, a light pink spreading on her cheeks.

He took to steps towards her, making her back up against the door.

"You're stubborn," he decided, walking closer until they were a hair's width apart.

"You already knew that."

She could escape. She could run to the right and hide in her room until later.

"Don't get any ideas."

Nope. He put both arms on either side of her head.

Yeah. She was trapped. Not that she was complaining---

Bad thoughts! Very bad thoughts.

She silently chastised herself as Seth leaned in closer and closer until their foreheads were almost touching.

"Seth? Bree? Where have you---Oh, God."

The two's heads snapped in the direction of Skyla, who was currently standing in the doorway.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys," the girl said, blushing a bit, turning heel and running into the dinning hall.

"No! Skyla you don't under---"

The doors closed, leaving a very frustrated and embarrassed Bree on the other side.

"Move, Seth!" she yelled, moving his arms out of the way and racing into the room.

"Skyla we weren't doing anything, I swear!"

More then a few heads turned, and she got quite a bit of odd looks as she cursed furiously under her breath and speed walked over to where most of their friends were sitting.

"Why didn't you tell me you two got together?" Alice demanded, plopping into a chair shortly after Seth arrived.

"We're not together!"

"That's not what Spencer says," the girl countered.

"What?"

"Yeah! Robin texted me a little while ago, and said that you and Sethy boy here were dating!"

"Wha-wha-what?!" she spluttered. She turned to Seth and gave him a death glare. "YOU. This is all YOU'RE fault! You just had to go and say that, didn't you?!"

The black haired girl groaned and held her head in her hands.

"F**k. Just s**t. D****t. D****t all to Hell and back," she said, her voice a bit muffled.

"Who'd he tell?" Seth asked, seeming quite happy.

"Robin, obviously. Dallas, who told Roxas and Laura. Dylan, who told Damien. Raven found out, too. Avalon told Skyla, but she didn't believe her. Until now, that is. Larissa found out from Damien. Oh. And Lenobia knows too. So that means Farah probably knows."

"My life is over!" Bree wailed.

"No it's not, Breezy," Skyla soothed. "We'll just tell everyone that Spencer was being stupid, and jumped to conclusions. That always works."

"Really?"

"Yes, yes. It's fine."

"I'm calling Spencer," Seth sighed.

"Leave the room. I don't need to hear all of the explicit content," Skyla said.

Nodding, Seth got up and left.

"Oh, hey. What's with the ears?" Alice asked.

"Oh God, I'd forgotten about those."

"Did you see Lenobia yet?" Skyla wondered.

"Desdemona did something," she growled, glaring at her  on the coffee table.

"...Yeah, you're gonna need to talk to Lenobia if you wanna go back soon," the silver eyed girl nodded.

"What's wrong with staying like that for a bit? Being a cat's cool, right?" Skyla questioned.

"Eh...Not if you feel like seeing in color."

"They can only see black and white?"

"No...They can see color a little bit. But it's still not the best thing in the world."

"Thanks for being so helpful," Bree commented sarcastically.

"Sorry," they murmured.

"Whatever. It's fine. What's for lunch?"

"You're in luck. Chicken Parmesan," Alice laughed.

"Funny. Very funny."

"She's just amusing herself. Go get some food," Skyla ordered, pushing her off the couch.

"I'm going, I'm going."

But the time she got back, the subject was changed entirely.

"How did the fire making go?" Skyla had asked.

"Awesome! I got it to go f*****g blue!"

"What?" Bree asked dumbly.

"During free time, Roxas helped me with a fire! We had some drift wood, so we put that in the fire and it burned blue!" Alice said enthusiastically.

"...You...There's a fire making elective?"

"No, no, no," Skyla said, shaking her head. "Alice get some free time during fourth period to burn stuff. It...Keeps her from setting anything on fire during school."

"Why is Roxas there, then?"

"He keeps her from burning down the school. Like last time."

"Last...Time?"

"I'll...I'll tell you later," she replied quickly.

Slowly, the dinning hall started to clear out.

"Okay. You're done right? Time for biology!" Alice declared.

"Oh what fun."

"Oh, shut up. Our teacher's fun!"

"If you say so..."

"See ya Sky," Alice said, dragging Bree off the couch.

"Have fun, guys!"

"I won't," Bree said dully.

"You will! Because you just will!" the pyro demanded.

Sighing, Bree was dragged off to her next class.


© 2012 Rayne~Drop.


Author's Note

Rayne~Drop.
Okay. Guardians are going to be randomly popping up, so if I randomly mention one is in the room or something, just go with it. :D
I hate this chapter. I don't even know why, but I can't stand the beginning. I'm not going to re-write it, though, because that would require effort. And anyone that knows me knows that I don't like using any more effort then necessary. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

SETH/BREE FOREVER.

*Christmas music is back on so not reviewing properly*

*rushing onto the next chapter eagerly*

Posted 12 Years Ago


GOD. Of COURSE Seth plays piano. XDDDDD

"Tell me without lying that you can read sheet music," Seth said, looking at her hopefully. "..." ------- LMAO-NESS.

F**k, I love this chapter! How dare you say that you hate it. ._____. F**K, I AM SO BEHIND WITH THIS BOOK. I MUST GET BACK AHEAD. WELL, BACK WHERE I SHOULD BE. D****T. IT WAS SO FLUFFEEEEEEEEEEEE AND S**T. at the beginning. idk why. but it was. xD yeah, doing things that require effort aren't very fun. D: and no, you don't. xDDD JUST LIKE ME. XD

awesome chapter. reading on now~



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on January 17, 2012
Tags: soul, chasers, soul chasers, goblins, demons, shadows, random, characters, blah


Author

Rayne~Drop.
Rayne~Drop.

♫ Death City ♥, NV



About
Hi my name's Rayne and I don't write much anymore which means I'm never on this website. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.