love letter #1

love letter #1

A Story by EChaps
"

From the prompt: "You are a twenty-one-year-old. Write a love letter to your girlfriend." From '642 Things To Write About' by the San Francisco Writers' Grotto.

"
Dear Josie,
You're in my kitchen, baking God-knows-what. You think I'm sleeping off a cold, but I woke up to your warmth in the house and I found a pen and paper and here I am. I love you. You know that, right? I should tell you that more. I love your smile & the way your eyes crinkle up in the corners when you smile a real genuine one. I love your hair and the way you look in my clothes & the way you like wearing them so I'm surrounding you even when I'm not home. I love the freckles on your knees and how you sigh into my mouth when we kiss, gentle and sweet. I love how you get so excited over the smallest things. I love how, when I'm upset or sad, you never blame me for being human, and you sit me down and say the kindest words and hold me and rub my back until I stop crying. I love how you grab my hand in public, not caring about what anyone else thinks. I love the knit beret you wear when it's cold. I love those times, late at night, when neither of us can sleep and I trace patterns on your back with my fingertips and we talk about all the things we'll do and places we'll go, like we've got forever & the world at our feet. I love your kindness. Your innocence. Your grace. When we play footsie and you're wearing slipper socks. I love you, I love you, I love you.
I heard the timer on the oven buzz. See you soon. 
-Me

© 2013 EChaps


Author's Note

EChaps
I don't really have anyone else edit my writing, so it's all kind of word vomit. Go ahead and rip it apart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: letter, love letter, words, fiction, love, romance, adoration

Author

EChaps
EChaps

About
I like tea and words and gnomes. more..

Writing
Flowers Flowers

A Story by EChaps