Shopping With Grandma

Shopping With Grandma

A Story by Sarah J Dhue
"

A little boy goes shopping for toys with his very traditional grandma.

"
I hated visiting my Grandma Ethel.  She always expected me to wear blue and pants.  Tennis shoes too.  She always said that was what little boys are supposed to wear.  My parents didn't care about me wearing skirts and sandals and pink.  They kept saying it was 'just a phase' whatever that means.  But on this one trip to the toy store with my grandma I had my sights set one toy in particular.  And that toy was the game Pretty Pretty Princess!  When I grabbed it from the shelf, I thought my Grandma Ethel might pass out.
"You are not getting that toy!"  She exclaimed.  "Why don't you get an X-Men figure?  Or a canister of army men?"
"Because I want to be the Pretty Pretty Princess!"  I said back matter-of-factly.  When those words left my mouth, she actually did faint and the store clerk had to call my parents.  It was a victory for me though: they bought me the game upon their arrival. :)

© 2017 Sarah J Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on January 16, 2017
Last Updated on January 16, 2017
Tags: Sarah J Dhue, Dhue, short, story, grandma, traditional, unconventional, humor, funny, toy, shopping

Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing