Epilogue: Parasitic Psychosis, Year 0

Epilogue: Parasitic Psychosis, Year 0

A Chapter by Scorpious Alpha
"

Parasitic Psychosis is Year 1

"

Epilogue: Parasitic Psychosis

Year 0

Leon

“I now present to you the class of 2008.” The superintendent of schools says over the loudspeaker on the evening of Leon’s graduation in late June. There is a round of applause and all of the graduates throw their caps into the air and everyone starts to disperse and mingle. Leon walks up to his family.

“We’re so proud of you.” Moxxie says with tears in her eyes.

“I’m glad at least one of you graduated.” Sydd sr. says.

“Yeah, you don’t have to worry about me dad, I got this.”

“Got what?” he asks.

“’Life’”

“We shall see.”

“What does that mean?”

“Never mind. Enjoy your graduation.” Aaron walks up to Leon and gives him a hug.

“Bro, we finally graduated!” he says. Leon’s family leaves and mingles with another family.

“Hell yeah, I’m so glad this is finally f****n’ over! Best part is, I was accepted for my police training and I started last week, I graduate next month. This is so awesome, I’m gonna be a cop! What about you, bro?”

“My dad actually hired me to be a mechanic at his shop, I’m actually gonna get paid instead of being just a kid helping out after school getting twenty bucks here and there.”

“That’s awesome.”

“Yeah, me and John are moving out of our parents’ house and combining our efforts to pay for an apartment together.”

“Haha, you sure you’re ready for that?”

“Whaddaya mean?”

“You guys aren’t… you know… the best of friends.”

“Hey, gotta do what I gotta do.”

“Alright, I’ll see ya tonight, man.”

“See ya.”

Sydd

“So… when are you fixing this s**t?” Sydd asks Rob one day.

“I’ll get to it, I’ll get to it.”

“You’ve been saying that for a year, all you’ve done in that time was drugs.”

“So? Here, have a rock; it’s on me.”

“It’s always on you.” Sydd says quietly to himself as he accepts the crack rock.

“You act like you’re not happy here.”

“I just wanna go home. I’m moving out next month.”

“What? Why so soon?”

“Well, my dad made a promise to me when I was a kid and they can’t really refuse me on a milestone birthday.”

“Ok, one: What promise? Two: Didn’t they kick you out during your last milestone?”

“Twenty one! C’mon, what do you think he said? And hey, that was three years ago, I’m sure they’re over it by now.”

“Well, hey, go for it.”

“You bet I will.”

One Month Later

Aaron drops Leon off at his house and drives away. Leon had graduated from his police training and spent the weekend with Aaron and John to celebrate and as he gets to the house, he sees Sydd standing on the porch with his bags. “About time someone came home, I’ve been waiting for like, an hour.” Sydd says. Sydd walks over to the table on the porch and breaks open and snorts two bags of heroin and takes a Xanax.

“What are you doing here?” Leon asks.

“It’s my birthday; they can’t say no to me, I’m moving back in!”

“I don’t think they’ll let you.” Leon walks in and notices most of the contents of the house are missing. He walks over to a desk with a note attached to it with his name on it.

“Whazzat?”

“They left a note.” He opens it up and reads it: ‘This was hard for us to do, but your brother is relentless.  If I’m right, he’s still the same, and trying to move in.  You seem to still see a glimmer of hope in him, I’ve noticed you think you can change him. You’re an adult now, and I’m sorry you had to be thrust into this but we didn’t have a choice. He’s your problem now.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To Be Continued…



© 2014 Scorpious Alpha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on March 14, 2014
Last Updated on March 14, 2014


Author

Scorpious Alpha
Scorpious Alpha

Somewherein, PA



About
I'm a drama writer (who doesn't love drama?) I'm currently working on a series, Imperfect Perfection, have another two series, Parasitic Psychosis, and Unbalanced Electrical Storm finished. Hope you l.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114