Part VIII: Seven Months Continuing, Up To & Including the Next Year

Part VIII: Seven Months Continuing, Up To & Including the Next Year

A Chapter by Scorpious Alpha

Part VIII: Seven Months Continuing, Up To & Including the Next Year

One day, at the station, Luxor is reviewing cold cases from within the decade, and comes across a case from 2003, one from 2007 and one from 2008. The case from 2008 was involving a middle aged couple who were both shot in the head and dumped in acid, but didn’t actually go in, instead only going waist deep and already skeletons by the time they were found. The prime suspect was their only surviving son, but there wasn’t enough evidence to convict him. However, when he was arrested, he was found with a gun, but it was registered to Zakk Philips, who had died the same day he was arrested and so the detective concluded that Zakk framed him by giving him the gun and then killing himself before he had the chance to be arrested, so he couldn’t be pinned to the crime. Luxor thinks differently… 

He asks if he can take the case and is given the okay to go ahead. He drives over to the state prison and asks for a prisoner. “Who the f**k are you?” he asks when he arrives.

“Hi, I’m Detective Luxor Alpha; I recently started to investigate a cold case involving your parents, Rob.”

“Look, I already told the pigs, I didn’t do it, they disappeared.”

“Ah, yes, but a gun was in your possession when you were arrested for the crime that you’re in jail for now.”

“So? It was a gift…”

“That you used to kill your parents?”

“Sydd and Carmella were there too, I-s**t.”

“Now, what was that?” Luxor looks straight at him.

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Oh, ok then. Back into the Box then.”

“Sydd Xero and Carmella Chavez, talk to them, I’m done talking.”

“Hmm… there may be more to this than we thought…”

Meanwhile, Sydd is getting settled after moving in with Frank and Laura. “Ok, so here’s the deal: you’re going to sleep on the pullout couch since the attic is taken by her sister and sister’s boyfriend, the basement is off limits, and you should start looking for a job.” Frank tells him.

“Why can’t I go into the basement?”

“That’s none of your concern.”

“Is there any jobs around here, like within the blocks, or am I gonna have to go clear across town to find one?”

“There’s a few places looking for help, there’s a couple of diners, a supermarket, fast food place, yeah, you can’t go wrong.”

“Cool.” He heads for the door to begin his quest.

“Where are you going?”

“Looking for a job, like you asked.”

“Dude, it’s nine at night.”

“So? Places are still open.”

“Whatever.” He goes to every business and is either told ‘not hiring’ or ‘maybe’. He checks his watch and notices it’s 10:30 and places are closing down except for one diner that closes at midnight, called The Last Chance Diner. He shrugs and says ‘f**k it’. He walks in and approaches a pink and black haired hostess wearing a white dress.

“Excuse me, miss?” The hostess turns around, and is greeted by a hyperactive gay man with a thin mustache and beard, giant earrings, and drawn on eyebrows.

“Hii, my name is Nelson, welcome, how can I help you?” the hostess says.

“Um, hi, can I- can I talk to the owner? You got a little bit of…” Sydd points to his nostril.

“Oops! Sorry! Pardon me, oh, being a pig in front of customers, ugh, hope Nojrevned doesn’t find out, he thinks I quit.” He turns around and starts talking to himself as he wipes his nose and turns back around. “Yeah, he’s in the kitchen; hold on, I’ll go get him.” He leaves the counter and goes to the kitchen, returning with a big, burly gold chain wearing older guy.

“Can I help you?”

“Yeah, I was wondering if you could help someone like me, I um, don’t have the best history, but I need a job.”

“I see. Come in tomorrow at 2 and let’s see how you do and who you are.”

“Um, ok. I’ll tell you anything you wanna know.”

“Ever killed anyone?” He asks jokingly.

“Um, yeah…” He says sheepishly.

“Jesus, kid I was kidding. Hmm…how do I know I can trust you then?”

“You’re just gonna have to.”

“We’ll see.” The next day at 2, Sydd shows up for work. “I looked you up Sydd, quite the history.  Come, step into my office.” Sydd follows him in. “Now, why’d you decide to come here looking for a job?”

“Well, with my bad reputation, employers know who I am and what I’ve done, I’m surprised you didn’t.”

“I don’t like local news. So, you’ve been in jail. A lot.”

“Yeah…”

“Even for murder, I honestly thought you were just trying to make yourself sound tougher.”

“That was an accident.”

“Can I ask why?”

“I did it in a schizophrenic rage; I didn’t mean to kill her.”

“I see, how do I know you won’t end up killing somebody while working?”

“I honestly don’t know, if nobody sets me off, we should be fine.”

“This is a huge gamble I’m taking.”

“If I do flip out, knock me out with something big and heavy immediately, but I’ve been keeping up with my medication, and I’ve had a few bad days but not to the point where I lose my s**t.”

“Well, huge gambles are what I’m good at, so you’re going to get a shot.  See, I take in a special brand of employee, the ones no one else will hire.”

“Bunch of misfits?”

“Yeah, and I’m king of the misfits.”

“What? You own this place, how-“

“I was part of a ‘gardening ring’ in ‘Texas’ and a bunch of s**t went down and I was relocated in Witness Protection. My name is Nojrevned and that’s all you need to know.”

“So, you only hire misfits?”

“No, we hire normal people too, but my girlfriend Amelia is in charge of hiring them. I personally hire the weirdoes because I can tell who is too weirdo even for this place.”

“Even Nelson?”

“Ah, Nelson, yeah, he’s really weird, but he’s ok. Got a bit of a coke habit, which can get in the way sometimes. He says he kicked it, but I know he’s lying, he was rubbing his nose when he came in the kitchen when you showed up last night.”

“I can’t wait to meet the other weirdoes.”

“Oh, you’re gonna love the night crew you’re gonna work with.”

“Night crew?”

“Yeah, you guys are the closers. Normal people during the day, weirdoes at night. The system works for everyone, no one’s complained yet. Alright, lets get you started. They step out of the office and start towards the kitchen when Nojrevned notices a waitress grinding on a customer. “Haylena! Haylena! Tangurie!” The waitress stops and turns around. “How many times a day do I have to tell you? You did well for a whole week and then relapsed.”

“Sorry.” She says.

“For the record, I wasn’t complaining.” The customer says. Nojrevned sighs and steps into the kitchen.

“Who was that?”

“One of our waitresses, Haylena. She’s a mentally disturbed ex stripper who forgets she’s not anymore and thinks the whole waitressing thing is a role play. Calling her by her stripper name snaps her out of it.” He does his shift and heads to his new home, Frank & Laura’s. When he gets to the house, the door is locked, and he hammers on the door. After about ten minutes later, Frank finally lets him in.

“Dude, what took so long?” He steps into the house. “OH! Were you guys cleaning or something? That s**t is strong!”

“Yeah, sorry man.”

“Oh, gross.” He covers his nose with his shirt. Frank tries his best to cover the smell with sprays.

“I know you’re not cleaning, the house still looks like s**t. I know it’s meth. I can tell by your customers, not only that, but you already told me it was.”

“Oh, did we? I forgot.” Frank says.

“Look, I don’t want anything to do with it, I’m just going to smoke my weed and watch TV when I’m home. I’m not even here

“Ah, f**k, I got a bad feeling about this.” He says to himself.

“Don’t worry, we’re under the radar, we’re not gonna get caught.”

“I feel like I’ve heard this before.” One day, while Sydd is in the kitchen at work, Jay, the cook, with long white hair and a bandanna approaches Sydd.

“Hey man, the pigs are here looking for you.”

“What? I didn’t do anything!” He dries his hands, takes off his apron, leaves the kitchen, and heads for the front and approaches the cops. “I swear I don’t remember doing anything.”

“Sounds like a guilty conscience. You’re wanted for questioning.” A cop tells him.

“For what? I’ve been working this entire time.”

“Something that happened 5 years ago. C’mon, we’re heading to the station.”

“I think I know what you’re talking about, I’ll tell you all I know, but I wasn’t there the entire time. I always knew this day was gonna come.”

“We’ll talk down there, c’mon.” They head to the station and into the interrogation room where Luxor is waiting. Sydd walks in and Luxor closes the door, and they begin the conversation. “This is involving your involvement with the murder of Rob-“ Luxor starts.

“-Rob’s parents?”

“Yes, don’t interrupt.”

“Sorry.”

“Anyway, it was found that he may have killed his parents with a shot to the head and sloppily tried to dispose of the bodies, and he claims that you and one other person may have been involved as accomplices.”

“Alright, so, here’s what I know: We were living with Zakk and Brian at the time and were told we had to move out, so he told me we were moving back into his parents’ house.”

“Who are Zakk and Brian?”

“Zakk and Brian were a couple of big time drug dealers, Brian dropped out of the game after some sort of disagreement with Zakk, and focused on raising a family with my brother’s ex and apparently my ex’s second boyfriend, anyway, he’s dead. He’s the guy who overdosed and got a face full of glass. Zakk killed himself in the middle of getting arrested, that’s two lowlifes down.”

“Ok, so, you were getting kicked out, and decided to move in with Rob at his parents’ house… how did this lead to them getting killed?”

“He told me he was about to come into some money, a car, and a house practically overnight and tells me that Zakk gave him a going away present.”

“The gun that was found in his possession when he was arrested in the drug bust/murder of your ex/overdose media field day.”

“I bet you guys looked like f*****g heroes that day.”

“Don’t get smart with me, get back to the story, you guys go straight to the house while he has the gun?”

“Yeah, we went from Zakk’s to his parents’ house and he goes into the garage and takes an aluminum baseball bat and heads into the living room, walks upstairs into his parents’ bedroom and bashes his dad’s head in with it, making sure he wouldn’t wake back up, but not killing him.  He takes the bat and washes it off and I told him he was insane. He swore me to secrecy and threatened to kill me if I told anybody.”

“So why are you telling us?”

“Because if it means conviction, I hope he fries.”

“Why?”

“Well, he killed his parents solely for greed. Rather than try to make himself some sort of life, he resorted to kill his parents to earn a shitload of money, a car, and a house. He blew all the money in less than a year on drugs and abortions for Carmella, rather than fixing the house like he said he would, not giving a s**t about anybody. It’s not the first instance of his psychopathic serial killer tendencies either, ask him about the redhead in the dumpster or the bloody knife you may or may not have found when you searched his house.”

“Wow. What happened next?”

“I told him I was out; I wasn’t going to be a part of it. He told me to start packing my things to keep me occupied while he did his deed. That’s also when he threatened me and told me he was going to get Carmella to help him instead.  We went downstairs, he dragged his father down the stairs, leaned him against the couch and started to walk toward his mother and swing the baseball bat.  I assume he repeated the process. At that point I had already left the house.”

“What happened when you returned?”

“We just never talked about it after that.”

“Is that all?”

“Yeah, that’s pretty much it.”

“Thank you for the information, you’ll receive a subpoena when trial begins and you’re required to take the stand.”

“Yeah, sure.” He checks his watch. “Can I go back to work now?”

“Sure.” They give him a ride back to the restaurant and he goes back into the kitchen.

“Hey man, are you in trouble, man?” Jay asks.

“Nah, but somebody is.”

“It better not be me, I haven’t done anything in years.” Says Ernie, a guy with short black hair and a porn style moustache with matching sideburns says. “I moved to this area specifically because there are no hookers here.”

“Calm down, it’s actually a guy I grew up with that’s in a heap of trouble.”

“Xero! I saw the spectacle you caused in the restaurant! Why did those cops take you?” Joe, a bald Marine built guy yells to Sydd drunkenly.

“I swear, I’m not in trou-“

“I don’t care! Go the f**k home, and don’t come back for a couple of days!”

“But-“

“NOW!” Sydd turns around and leaves and heads home, where he runs into somebody leaving Frank and Laura’s house as he goes in.

“Sydd, you’re home early.” Frank says.

“Yeah, I know. I’m gonna be home for a few days.”

“Whatever.”

“Whatever then.” He sits on the couch and packs a bowl. Meanwhile, Carmella is sitting in jail when the cops stop by her cell.

“You’re wanted for questioning.” The officer says.

“About what?” she asks.

“Your boyfriend.” He leads her to a room where Luxor is waiting. He lets her in and closes the door behind them, and begins the conversation.

“This is about the murder of your boyfriend’s parents about five years ago.”

“Oh, I knew this would come back to haunt me.”

“Why don’t you tell me about it?”

“No.”

“No? Why not?”

“Because I love Robbie and I would never ever rat him out.”

“Guess what? Sydd already told us everything, you’re boyfriend’s goose is cooked, so tell me your side of the story, and you won’t be charged with accessory to murder.”

“But he won’t love me anymore.”

“He’s never getting out, and by the time you do, you’ll be old, and he’ll still be in jail, what are you holding on to?”

“Fine. I’ll tell you. I’m going to hate myself for the rest of my life, but I’ll tell you, since it doesn’t matter now, Sydd betrayed all of us. If Robbie ever gets out I hope he kills Sydd.”

“One more outburst like that and you’ll go back to your cell until you cooperate.”

“Alright, alright, fine; I was at home locked in my room after fighting with my mother when Robbie sends me a text to come to his house, so naturally, I snuck out the window as usual, unlocking my door first so I could go back in when I got back and told me he found a way we could finally live together. I was so excited, I rushed over, and when I got there, I kind of wish I hadn’t.”

“Tell me what happened when you arrived at the house.”

“I got there, and I saw his dad slouched on the couch and his mom naked, lying on the floor, bleeding. I asked him if he killed them and he said that they weren’t dead yet, just unconscious, then he rolled his mother in a sheet and loaded her in the trunk. Then he dragged his dad off the couch, and I had to help heave him in the trunk. I still feel dirty to this day from it. He closed the trunk, and then went back into the house and cleaned up the mess the best he could, grabbed the keys and started the car. That’s when he told me we were going for a ride.”

“And where exactly did you go?”

“We went to the industrial part of the city where the toxic waste dump is, where all the neighborhoods got shut down, and went to where the river and the dump meet and parked the car. He was excited it was late outside, and not many lights are over there, he looked like a kid in a candy store. He pulls the bodies out of the trunk, puts them in a kneeling position and shoots them directly in the back of the head where he marked the ‘x’ on their heads, where the holes were. Their faces hit the water and slowly start to burn, I was so grossed out.”

“What happened to the bullets?”

“Oh, that’s right, he pulled the bullets out of their skulls with a pair of pliers then threw them in the sewer grate… so how did you guys know they were shot?”

“There was still fragments in the holes in their skulls, and ballistics matched.”

“Oh, so he woulda been busted no matter what?”

“Yes, now continue.”

“Oh, right. So he kicked both of their bodies into the water and watches them sink a little before getting in the car and taking us home.”

“What happened when you got home? Did you talk at all about what just occurred?”

“A little bit. I told him I couldn’t believe I just watched him kill his parents, and he said if I ever said anything, I’d join them. I was horrified that the man I love so much told me he would kill me to protect himself. I asked if he was serious and he told me that he was going to tell me the same thing he told Sydd: that we were in it until the end.”

“Well, this is the end. Thank you, you will receive your subpoena prior to your appearance in court, and then we will discuss your criminal case pending sometime between now, the middle, or after your boyfriend’s case, whenever we have the time-“

“Criminal case?”

“Oh, yes. You’re an accessory, though with the information you provided, there’s a chance they may feel generous and let you off easy, but don’t hold your breath. Anyway, have a nice day.”

“But-“

“Goodbye.” And she’s led back to her cell. Luxor decides to pay Rob a visit.

“What the f**k do you want?”

“I took your advice, and talked to your friend and girlfriend.”

“Whoa, Sydd’s not my friend anymore, he’s a backstabber.”

“Clearly. Rob, they took me through that fateful day, step by step. Let me hear your version.”

“F**k. What if I don’t say anything?”

“We have enough evidence to convict, if you don’t want a chance to tell your side of the story, why you did it, maybe there’s justifiable cause, I don’t know. So, are you gonna talk, or should we begin court proceedings?”

“Fine.” They go into an interrogation room and begin the conversation.

“You’re in quite a heap of trouble, here, Rob.”

“Eh, oh well, I’m already in prison, it’s not like I’m scared to go to jail.”

“This is a lot more serious than you think. You’ve been linked to the gun used, detailed accounts on how you did it, and the physical evidence to prove it.”

“How? There were no bullets!”

“The fragments left in the skulls told us everything we needed to know.”

“Damn, I knew I forgot something, I couldn’t remember what it was, but I figured it wasn’t that important. S**t. I’m already in jail for twenty five to life, how much worse can it get?”

“Anything’s possible in this state, now, why did you kill your parents?”

“They were neglectful, inebriated pieces of s**t. I was broke, needed money, a car, and a place to live, but I hated my parents. That’s when Zakk gave me the bright idea on how to kill my parents and get away with it, meanwhile getting an entire lump sum of assets all at once. I could live with my girlfriend and buy all the drugs I wanted! Ah, it was so great while it lasted!” He sighs and looks to the ceiling, reminiscing.

“Hey!” Luxor snaps his fingers, and Rob jolts back to reality. “Were you just daydreaming?”

“Yeah, man, some good times.”

“You’re a sicko, you know that?”

“Yeah, it’s one of the things I’m good at… I almost got away with murder, not many people can say that.”

“Have you ever killed anyone else?”

“Now, what would make you ask a question like that?”

“Well, it’s because one of your sources told me to ask you about the dumpster and the bloody knife.”

“Well, honestly, with the knife, I don’t know what I stabbed, and the girl in the dumpster, I only remember the aftermath.”

“Do you have a history of mental illness?”

“Yes, I have multi personality disorder, being in jail was the first time I was put back on my medication since I was a kid.”

“I see, so when you become the other Rob, you are, what, violent?”

“No, it usually depends on how my day is going. The day the redhead died in the dumpster, I remember I was pissed off and hunting Sydd down because he had stolen two bags of heroin from me. As I’m walking down the street, I see this really hot redhead walking by, and the next thing I know, my pants are halfway down, and she’s in pieces in the dumpster, naked. I booked it home as fast as I could and went back to the party. See, my other side works on two extremes: if I’m having a good, normal, day, I end up stealing Carmella a bunch of flowers or candy or something by the end of the day. If I’m having a bad day, that’s when the monster occurs.”

“So how did it cross over to the other side?”

“What do you mean?”

“Killing consciously.”

“I don’t know, just kinda happened.”

“How did it make you feel?”

“Powerful.”

“I think we’re done here. We’ll set a trial date and get the ball rolling.”

“Yay, more shitstorm.” Rob says sarcastically. Rob goes back to his cell and Luxor goes back to his office.

Meanwhile, Sydd is at Frank and Laura’s, miserable. A steady flow of people come in and out all day for meth, Sydd just keeps to himself and avoids as little contact with them as possible. One day, James and Karen come downstairs and immediately yell at Frank and Laura because the smell has finally reached the attic. “What do you want?” Frank asks.

“At first, the smell wasn’t too bad, you said you’d keep it contained, I told you to fan that s**t out the window.” James says.

“Hey, man, we’re trying.” James walks to the basement and Frank follow. James sees only one fan blowing.

“You need more fans, dude.” They walk past Frank and Laura’s room and there is a faint humming. James pushes open the door and there is about four or five fans around the room, keeping the room from smelling. “Dude, it would make sense to put those downstairs.”

“No.”

“No? Dude, if you put the fans by the source, it won’t travel through the house.”

“Get your own f*****g fans, a*****e.”

“What the f**k did you just say to me?” Frank punches James in the face, and they begin to fistfight. Laura and Karen run over to see the commotion and Frank accidentally punches Karen in the face, so James punches Frank, Laura punches James, then Karen punches Laura, and a four way battle ensues: Frank and Laura versus James and Karen, Frank versus James, Laura versus Karen, James versus Laura, and Frank versus Karen. The ensuing fistfight continues for a good ten minutes before Sydd decides they’ve had enough and breaks up the fight. A few days later, James and Karen move out, and Sydd takes the attic. They get more fans for the basement and it alleviates a good portion of the smell.

The Trial (Near the End)

Rob is sitting in court, waiting for the witnesses to take the stand. “Carmella Chavez, could you approach the stand?” the judge asks. Carmella sits down and waits, the prosecution starts. “Carmella, could you please tell us what happened on that night involving your boyfriend, Robert Serfass?”

“He called me over his house and told me I could live there forever if I helped him with something.”

“And what was that something?”

“To help him transport his parents so that he could kill them.”

“Where did you go to transport them?”

“To the industrial part of the city, by the toxic waste dumps.”

“How did he kill them?”

“He shot them both in the back of the head while they were in a kneeling position.”

“What happened after he killed them?”

“He threw them in the water and we went home.”

“Did you two talk about what happened after you got home?”

“For a little bit, but not for long, because he said-“she starts crying, “-he said he’d kill me.”

 “Nothing further, your honor.” The defense approaches.

“Ms.Chavez, isn’t true that you are the niece of the famous Carlos Burgsov from the Burgsov case that you and your boyfriend are both currently in jail for?”

“Yes.”

“So, you’re good at hiding secrets-“

“Objection!” the prosecuting lawyer yells. “Relevance?”

“I’m just speculating that maybe she’s covering up a part she had a hand in, that’s all, given the family she comes from, I’m just seeking credibility.”

“Overruled.” The judge says.

“No further questions, your honor.”

“You b***h! You sold me out! How could you, I thought you loved me!” Rob yells.

“I’m sorry Robbie; I didn’t feel like I had much of a choice!”

“Order! Order!” the judge bangs the gavel.

“I’m so sorry, I love you!” She says through tears as she’s led back to her seat.

“Sydd Xero, will you please take the stand?” The judge asks. Sydd takes a seat and waits, the prosecution starts.

“Mr. Xero, could you describe to us what Rob Serfass did on that night in 2008?”

“He told me that he planned to kill his parents and asked me to help him. I refused and he sent me to pack my stuff so I could move in with him, I needed a place to stay, he was my best friend, but I’ve been in enough trouble to not help with a murder. He told me if I told anyone, he’d kill me.”

“No further questions.” The defense approaches.

“Mr. Xero, you have quite the criminal history.”

“Unfortunately, yes, I do.”

“A bunch of petty crimes, nothing too serious- oh, wait, that’s right, you were arrested for murder, double homicide if I remember correctly.”

“I know, I’m still on parole for that.”

“Yeah, by pleading insanity!” the lawyer says sarcastically.

“Because I have an actual condition!”

“So does my client, your honor, which is why we would also like to plead insanity, my client has Multiple Personality Disorder, which happens to cause him to kill under times of extreme stress or anger, which is the case here.”

“That would have worked had he not told me he doesn’t remember two of his three murders, but he was fully awake for his parents. He wanted it done, so he made sure he wanted to do it right, I’ve been his friend since we were kids, and I know how he works.”

“I can confirm that allegation.” Luxor interjects. “As I was interrogating him, he confirmed that he was fully aware of what he’d done.”

“No further questions.”

“You b*****d, I knew you’d betray me” Rob says as he stares Sydd down as he walks by him, also staring. When the trial ends, Rob learns that he is to be executed by lethal injection in six months. The day before, he gets his final day, and Carmella is visiting.

“I can’t believe you’re going to die tomorrow, Robbie.” Carmella says.

“I can’t believe you sold me out.”

“They told me it didn’t matter if I lied or told the truth, they were going to find out the truth anyway, but I didn’t know this was going to happen.”

“Well, looks like life handed me a bag of s**t. Ya know, because it’s my final day, I’m allowed a conjugal visit…” An hour and a half later they leave the room buttoning their jumpsuits. “Oh, babe, that was well needed.”

“I agree.”

“Hey, I have an idea.”

“What?”

“Why don’t you come with me?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like Romeo and Juliet.”

“Kill myself?”

“Then we can be together forever...”

“I don’t know… wait, no, just, no.”

“But I thought you loved me.”

“I do, Robbie.”

“Then why don’t you?”

“Because I don’t wanna die yet…”  

“But then you wouldn’t have to live without me.”

“I-I-“ They are split up, as her time has run out, “I love you!” She is replaced by Sydd.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“Saying goodbye to my former best friend.”

“Yeah? Well, f**k you; I hope I see you in hell.”

“Why? So I can f**k you some more?”

“Now what the hell does that mean?”

“So you can spend an eternity getting constantly dicked over by a bunch of demons that look like me, and make you feel as much like s**t as everyone who you were a b*****d to your entire life, all the while constantly being reminded that I’m the one who put you there.”

“Get the f**k out of my face.”

“Fine, see ya.” Sydd leaves the prison and goes home, and is replaced by Marissa.

“Who in the hell are you?”

“You don’t remember me?” she asks.

“Nope, not a clue.”

“Wow, looks like the drugs did fry your brain.”

“Look, are you gonna tell me why you’re here, or not, I don’t remember ordering a prostitute…” he starts to say to himself.

“Marissa! Don’t you remember me, Rob? We went to school together; we used to be best friends, me, you, Kelly, and Sydd.”

“Oh, that’s right; you were that fat b***h who used to nag us all the time!  Now I remember! Yeah, you’re a b***h.”

“Why are you so cruel, Robert?”

“Because I can. It’s fun, it’s the ultimate rush! He turns around and punches a hole in the wall. With his hand bleeding, he turns around and faces Marissa again. “Any more questions?”

“Are you proud of yourself?”

“Yes. Live fast, die young, and f**k over everybody on the way. Life is overrated, I can’t wait for tomorrow.”

“Have you always been this fucked up?”

“Yeah, yeah I have.”

“Well, I’m going to leave now, um, I hope you- I-“ She turns around and leaves.

The next day, Rob is waiting to be executed. The room is filled with an eerie silence. The tools laid across the table can only mean one thing. He lies strapped to the bed, sweating from the heat. He’s been there for hours; it felt like days, suddenly, he hears voices outside the door. The door opens, an unknown man dressed in a white lab coat, face mask, and glasses comes in, looks at his clipboard, then to Rob. The man moves over to the tools, picking each up, feeling the weight, until he comes along a syringe. He picks it up, and taps it. He looks at Rob, lying in the bed, with a vitriolic look in his eyes. "This will only hurt a little". The man slowly brings the needle to Rob’s arm, then stops. He tells the attendants to leave the room. He then locks the door behind him and walks over to Rob, whose eyes are widening in fear at the recognition of the man. Rob struggles to get free and is about to scream when the man crams a towel in his mouth, "Shh, I told you, this will only hurt a little" The man grabs the syringe and begins repeatedly stabbing Rob in the chest, away from his heart and it creates a sucking chest wound. Rob gasps for air as the man takes the syringe and drives it into his neck, pulling the plunger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




© 2018 Scorpious Alpha


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 6, 2018


Author

Scorpious Alpha
Scorpious Alpha

Somewherein, PA



About
I'm a drama writer (who doesn't love drama?) I'm currently working on a series, Imperfect Perfection, have another two series, Parasitic Psychosis, and Unbalanced Electrical Storm finished. Hope you l.. more..

Writing