Part VI: Reality Bites Year -2

Part VI: Reality Bites Year -2

A Chapter by Scorpious Alpha

Part VI: Reality Bites 

Year -2 

November 19, 2006 

Dear Diary: 

     So, I started college this year, and it’s going pretty well. I’m getting all A’s for the first time since middle school. I’ll have my teaching degree in no time! I’m nineteen today, wow. Seems like just yesterday I was a carefree kid, and now I’m thrust into the adult world. I gotta say though, I’m loving this new freedom, I’m no longer treated like a kid, I can set my own bedtime, I don’t have to wake up super early anymore, I can eat whatever I want for lunch, I don’t have to worry about troublemakers, since everyone’s just there to learn. Although, there are some ways where it’s like it’s thirteenth grade with some people coming off of their high school attitude, though some are starting to learn one by one it’s not high school anymore. That, and a whole bunch of my classmates are in some of my classes. I got a new boyfriend this year, we met in school, his name is Nicholas and he’s cute, he has dark brown hair and eyes and he wears glasses, and he’s taller than me, which is a little weird for me, because I’m pretty tall myself. I still feel a little bad about Carl, but I’ve gotta move on, and he just out of the blue asked me out, that was about two weeks ago. It’s nice, though, to be with someone again. Tomorrow, me, Lois, Michael and Nick are going to the mall. We’re going for pizza and a movie. I’m glad my friends and my boyfriend get along, I can’t imagine what it’s like to be with someone who doesn’t get along with my friends. 

     The next day, Sandra and her friends gather together. “So what are we going to see?” Sandra asks. 

     “I really wanna see Pyxie Styx.” Michael says. 

     “Isn’t that a kid’s movie?”     

     “So? It’s a Drisbee movie, I love Drisbee movies.” 

     “Ugh, I don’t, never have.” 

     “How can you say that? Wilt Drisbee is the best cartoonist ever!” 

     “Nope.” 

     “Then what do you want to see?” 

     “The Heroic Ogre III.” 

     “Oh, ok, I love Heroic Ogre series myself.” 

     “Isn’t that a kids’ movie too?” Nicholas asks. 

     “No, it’s a little of both actually, it has some hidden adult humor in it, not like Pyxie Styx, which is straight up kid movie with singing and dancing and hugs.” Sandra says. 

     “Whatever, let’s just go.” They watch the movie, and go to dinner. 

     “What do you guys want on the pizza?” 

     “Pineapple and sweet peppers.” Nick says. Everyone looks at him. 

     “Seriously?” 

     “Yeah, why? Is that a problem?” 
     “Not my favorite pizza topping.” 

     “Fine, I don’t care then, why ask?” 

     “No, no, I’ll get it, just saying.” 

     “Oh, so I’m going to get judged on my toppings?” 

     “Just forget it, it’s not important.” 

     “Pepperoni.” Lois says. 

     “Sausage, extra cheese, onions, tomatoes, meatball, and ham.” Michael says. 

     “I thought you were a vegetarian now, Michael?” Sandra says. 

     “Tomorrow, this is the last time.” 

     “Suure.” She rolls her eyes. “Alright, I’ll go get it.” Sandra leaves to order the pizza. 

     “I need to go to the bathroom, make me some room.” He pats his stomach. 

     “Ew, Michael.” Lois says as Michael walks away. 

     “Nice tits.” Nicholas says. 

     “Um, excuse me?” 

     “Just saying, you look a lot hotter than Sandra.” 

     “Oh yeah? Well I guess it’s a shame you’re taken, otherwise you could have me.” 

     “Does that really matter that I’m taken? It’s only been two weeks.” 

     “So dump her.” 

     “I can’t she’s too happy, I’m going to need to make sure I can let her off easy, but I’m not sure how.” 

     “Well, you’d better do something.” 

     “I’ll think of something.” 

     “Damn, that felt like it took forever!” Sandra says as she comes back and sits down. “I love when my friends get along.” Sandra says as she smiles at them. “They said ten minutes.” 

     “Well, it’s a great day, we’re celebrating your birthday, saw an awesome movie, and now we’re gonna have some awesome pizza!” Lois says. 

     “You’re awesome, Lois, thanks.” 

     “What are friends for?” 

     “What the hell is taking Michael so long?” 

     “Must be one hell of a s**t.” 

     “Ugh, he disgusts me sometimes.” 

     “Me too, why do we hang out with him again?” 

     “Cause he doesn’t try to get in our pants and cause he’s a genuinely nice guy, just cause he has some… traits that are disgusting, like the scooping stuff out of his bellybutton to eat or sniffing his hand after he scratches his crack. Plus, we’ve been friends since elementary school, so there’s that.” 

     “Yeah, but we’re out of school now, we don’t have to stay with the same people forever.” 

     “True, but he’s not a bad guy, so it wouldn’t be fair to him to just abandon him, especially this far into a friendship, that’s not what friends do. He hasn’t given me a good reason to stop being his friend.” 

     “Whatever, I’m starting to dislike him more and more as time goes on.” 

     “That’s terrible.” 

     “I’m sorry, I don’t know, I just don’t like him anymore.” 

     “Whatever, that’s between you and him. To me, he’s still my best friend.” 

     “Shut up, here he comes.” 

     “Whew, that one was a rough one, has me all sweaty.” Michael says as he sits back down, out of breath, red, and sweaty. 

     “Ew, gross, Michael.” 

     “Sorry, hey, is it done yet?” 

     “No, they said ten minutes, but it’s been fifteen.” Their pizza is called. “Oh, awesome, speaking of which.” They all eat their pizza and leave. Michael and Lois go to their houses, and Nicholas and Sandra go to Sandra’s house. 

     “Can I come in yet?” 

     “Sorry, it’s a little late, but maybe tomorrow.” 

     “So I was wondering…” 

     “Wondering what?” 

     “When are we go a little further? Kissing just isn’t doing it for me.” 

     “I’m sorry, hunny no sex until we’re married, I wanna wait.” 

     “Seriously?” 

     “Yeah, why? Is that a problem?” 

     “No, you know what? It’s fine.” 

     “Oh, ok good!” She gives him a kiss. “Good night.” 

     “Good night.” 

November 20, 2006 

Dear Diary: 

     Today was a really good day! My friends took me out for my birthday, and Nicholas came too. We saw Heroic Ogre III today, it was so funny, it’s even better than the second one. Nicholas bought my ticket and snack and drink and Michael and Lois bought the pizza and garlic knots, though Michael ate most of the garlic knots, there was twenty which was five for each of us, but he ate twelve. That kinda pissed me off a little bit, but it’s whatever, I didn’t wanna spoil anyone’s good time, besides, everyone was getting along. I love that I have such good friends, I’m so happy my two best friends and my boyfriend can get along so well. This is awesome, just like that, adulthood shows up and things start falling into place. I’m so happy, and I never want this happiness to end. I know it’s only been two weeks, but he’s so cool, I really like him. I’m excited to see where this relationship will go. He did ask for sex, which threw me off, it’s way too soon for me, besides, I still want to wait, or at least for the right person, I don’t want to just give it to anyone. Luckily, he understood, which is a relief. 

     The next day, Sandra and Michael are at school at the end of the day. “Michael?” 

     “What’s up?” 

     “Can I come over? My parents won’t be home until four and I forgot my house key.” 

     “Sure, no problem.” 

     “Thanks.” The leave the school. “You wanna get some Chinese?” 

     “Yeah, sure. I could definitely eat.” Sandra leans against the wall next to the door. Nicholas comes up to her. 

     “Hey babe.” Nicholas says. 

     “Hey.” She leans in for a kiss. At first, he doesn’t move, then he kisses her. “Come on, we’re getting some lunch.” 

     “Good, I’m starving.” They go into the Chinese restaurant next to the school and get in line. They get to the counter and order their food. “Surprised you didn’t comment on my food choice today.” 

     “Oh, will you let it go!?” 

     “Whatever.” 

     “Hey, I’m going to Michael’s after we’re done here, are you coming?” 

     “Not today, sorry hon.” 

     “It’s ok I suppose.” 

     “You suppose?” 

     “Well, yesterday is the most time we’ve hung out together.” 

     “Sorry babe, I’ve got important stuff going on. Not that you’re not important, but I have to do this.” 

     “And what is it?” 

     “What’s what?” 

     “What’s so important that you have to do that you can’t hang out with me today?” 

     “Does it matter?” 

     “Kind of.” 

     “Why?” 

     “I’m sorry, I didn’t think it’d be this hard to spend time with my own boyfriend. Are you hiding something?” 

     “No!” 

     “Then what’s your problem?” 

     “Nothing!” 

     “Then why won’t you hang out with me?” 

     “Cause I’m busy today.” 

     “Doing what? Maybe I can help.” 

     “NO! God! Leave me alone!” 

     “Fine.” They eat in silence. They finish and leave. “Can we at least get a ride?” 

     “Whatever.” They get in the car and he drives to Michael’s house. Sandra leans over for a kiss, but Nicholas keeps facing forward. 

     “Fine! She says as she leaves the car angrily and slams the passenger door. Nicholas drives away. “Michael?” 

     “Yeah?” Michael says. 

     “Wanna go to the mall? I wanna buy something with my birthday money.” 
     “Sure.” They hop on a bus and go to the mall. They go into a store and Sandra leaves with a flask. 

     “A flask?” 

     “Yeah, if I ever get stressed, I can just easily take a swig and calm my nerves.” 

     “That sounds like a problem.” 

     “No, it won’t be. It’s only when I need it.” 

     “Normal people don’t carry flasks.” 

     “But, people do carry flasks.” 

     “Sure, if they’re alcoholic.” 

     “Please, you have no reason to worry. Just a swig when I need it.” 

     “Yeah, how often will that be?” 

     “I’m hoping for barely ever.” 

     “So what’s the point?” 

     “So I’ll be ready if and when the time comes.” 

     “So, you’ll be like those alcoholics in television shows that when everyone leaves, they take a swig of their flask before rejoining the group.” 

     “Why are you making such a big deal out of this, Michael?” 

     “Because it seems excessive.” 

     “I think you should be the last person to talk to me about being excessive.” She pats his stomach. 

     “What’s that supposed to mean?” 

     “Because I’ve seen you, you stress eat.” 

     “What? No, I don’t!” 

     “Yesterday when we went to lunch, you had the lunch special, right?” 

     “Yeah, and?” 

     “Today you had a quart of pork fried rice, a quart of beef lo mein, a quart of wonton soup, and a liter of soda after we had to take two tests and a final today.” 

     “I was just really hungry.” 

     “Point is, we all do what we shouldn’t, but we do because it helps, so stop judging me.” 

     “Whatever.” They hop on the bus, and stop at a liquor store. “Help me pick something out.” 

     “I might actually get something for myself.” Sandra looks at the clerk, goes to an aisle, unbuttons her shirt a little bit to show off some cleavage, and grabs a couple of bottles of whiskey. She goes up to the counter. 

     “Need anything else?” The clerk asks, trying not to stare at her. 

     “Nope, that’s it.” She pays for her whiskey, then Michael, with a full on beard, gets away with it too and they walk down the block to Michael’s house. 

     “That was easy.” 

     “Yeah, it was.” Michael says. Michael starts huffing and puffing harder and harder as they get nearer to his house. When they finally get there, he’s exhausted. “Hold on, I need a break.” He says as he sits on his front porch, trying to catch his breath. After a few minutes, he gets up and unlocks the door and lets her inside. “Damn, I’m so hungry now.” He says as he makes his way towards the kitchen. Sandra sits on the couch and checks her watch and notices its 3:50. She puts the bottles in her backpack, and heads toward the door. 

     “I’m going home now, Michael. See you later.” 

November 21, 2006 

Dear Diary, 

     Well, today was ok I guess. I don’t know what Nicholas’ problem was, he was acting like a shady a*****e. What was so important that he didn’t want to hang out with me today? He’s changed since we went to the movies. He suddenly became distant, he’s short with me, and I don’t understand why. I didn’t even do anything to warrant it, it’s upsetting. I managed to buy liquor today, they didn’t even card me. Guess I look of age, which means I must look old, that kind of hurts a little bit. I know I don’t look old, but I look old enough to buy booze apparently. I took a nice healthy swig tonight after thinking about how Nicholas was acting today and I gotta say, I do feel a little better. Thanksgiving is coming up in a couple of days, and mom and dad won’t let me invite anyone this year, they said after how much Michael ate last year, they’re never inviting him again. I don’t blame him, he ate most of the stuffing and potatoes, and we had an abundance of turkey leftover. Well, I’m going to sleep while I’m still feeling good, good night. 

     A couple days later, Sandra is hanging out with her family when there’s a knock on the door. Sonia gets up and answers it to Charlie and his family standing there. “Hola! Glad you could make it!” Sonia says. 

     “Glad we could make it.” Charlie’s dad says. Charlie walks up to Sandra and the parents start talking. 

     “Hey, how’s it going?” He asks. 

     “Better.” 

     “Better?” 

     “I- I wasn’t expecting you!” 

     “Yeah, I was supposed to keep it a secret.” 

     “You knew?” 

     “Of course I did, I could hardly stop myself from spilling the beans yesterday.” 

     “Oh my God, really?” 

     “Haha, yeah.” 

     “Well, I’m so glad you’re here!” She gives him a hug, and continues to hold it for a little while. “I’ve missed you.” 

     “I’ve missed you too. How’s your boyfriend?” 

     “Oh…” she looks crestfallen. “He, uh, he kinda sucks. He’s been acting like a jerk lately.” 

     “Yeah, you mentioned.” 

     “How’s your girlfriend?” 

     “She’s doing good, we’re going strong.” 

     “Oh, that’s ni- that’s uh, nice.” 

     “Yeah.” 

     “I uh, wish we weren’t taken.” 

     “I gotta be honest, me too, but I’m happy with Betty, she’s been good to me so far.” 

     “I- yeah, I understand. At least you got someone good, I’m not sure about Nicholas anymore.” 

     “Look, I know he’s been a jerk, but I’m sure it’s nothing. I’m sure that he’ll have a good explanation for it, and if not, just get Michael to beat him, well, maybe not Michael, he’s not tough, he’s fat and weak. Lois is a bit of a nut, I’m sure she can do some damage to him.” 

     “Yeah, you’re right about that.” 

     “Remember fifth grade?” 

     “Yeah, she freaked out in the middle of the class, flipped her desk, and stomped on it and bent the metal part in half. Then, she threw the scissors across the room.” 

     “Yeah, almost stabbed Jim in the eye.” 

     “He still talks about that sometimes, and it’s the reason why they’re never over Michael’s house at the same time.” 

     “Wow, eight years later, and he’s still freaked out by her?” 

     “Yeah.” 

     “So how are Michael and Lois?” 

     “Michael’s bigger than he was in high school, like, he’s literally round. He’s also somehow becoming a worse person than he was in high school, he has some kind of superiority complex going on, and it’s a bit unwarranted. Lois on the other hand, I hear is passing herself around the college. She doesn’t even go there or at all, she just trolls the halls for guys on break to bang. She’s gonna end up with syphilis or something. I actually don’t see her as much come to think about it, but we’re supposed to be hanging out tomorrow, so that’s something.” 

     “Wow, I’m sorry to hear things have gone to hell since I left.” 

     “Yeah, I can’t stand it, people are changing, and not for the better, I feel like I’m losing my friends. I mean come on, I already lost you.” 

     “No, don’t say that. You didn’t lose me, I’m here. I’m just not here all the time.” 

     “I wish you were.” 

     “Me too, but life happens.” 

     “I know, but this isn’t what I imagined my life would be like. I mean, sure I’m getting back at having good grades in school but I can start to feel things slip through my fingers, do you know what I mean?” 

     “I’m sorry, I honestly don’t; but if what you’re saying is true, then focus on school since it’s the only thing going right in your life.” 

     “I miss you. Like, a lot. I wish I could be with you, you’re the only one that gets me and the only one who’s not turning into someone I don’t recognize.” 

     “I’m sorry, but the reality is, I’m with someone and I’m happy. You’re with someone too and I’m not going to break things off just to make you happy.” 

     “You wouldn’t be happy with me?” 

     “Not if I felt like I had to. I’m sorry Sandra, but if one day we were to end up together, it’d have to be a mutual agreement and not having one drop their whole life to make the other one happy.” 

     “Yeah, I get that, it just sucks. Reality bites.” 

     “I’m sorry. Don’t get me wrong, Sandra. I do love you, but it can’t happen, at least not right now. I already have a life going, and so do you.” 

     “Ok, I understand.” She hugs him and cries in his shoulder. 

     “I’m sorry, you’ll be ok. Wanna do something?” 

     “Like, play a game or something?” 

     “Yeah, sure. What do you have?” 

     “Uh, I have a few games on the Gamestation 2…” 

November 23, 2006 

Dear Diary: 

     So, it was a surprising Thanksgiving, Charlie and his family showed up! I was so excited to see him again, it’s been too long since I last saw him, six years to be exact. Wow, six years ago on the weekend of Thanksgiving, so off by two days but still. I really wish I could be with him instead of Nicholas. Nicholas has been dodging all my texts and calls over the past few days and I’m getting really pissed off. I wonder if he’s cheating on me because I won’t have sex with him. Nah, I don’t think so… Maybe. Oh my God, is he cheating on me? I’m freaking out now, the thought hadn’t occurred to me until now. Maybe that’s why he’s been dodging my calls and texts. Who’s he doing it with? I’m going to need a drink before bed, I won’t be able to sleep otherwise. Well, at least I have something to look forward to though. Tomorrow I’m going to be hanging out with Lois, she got the new Secksbocks 240 and we’re gonna play, I’m so excited, the graphics look really awesome. She wants to show me a game called Nuclear Apocalypse that she said I’ll absolutely love. I’ve looked up the game and it seems really neat, I can’t wait to play it! Well, I’m going to go to sleep now, talk to you tomorrow. 

     The next day, Sandra heads to Lois’ at the previously agreed time. She knocks on the door, and Lois’ younger sister answers the door and lets her in. “Lois?” Sandra calls. She goes upstairs to Lois’ room and when she opens the door, she sees Nicholas and Lois having sex. “What the f**k??” 

     “Oh, s**t.” Lois says as she covers herself. 

     “Hey babe.” Nicholas says. “I was just, uh, taking Lois’ temperature, she said she felt sick and needed me to help her.” Sandra just stands there with her mouth slightly agape, clearly angry. 

     “It’s not what it looks like, really, he was showing me some wrestling moves.” Lois says. Sandra still stands there, silently for a few moments. 

     “How the f**k can both of you, in the middle of f*****g, lie to my face about what you were just doing, talking to me like I’m five! You’re both scumbags, and I hope you both burn in Hell for what you both have done to me. Taking your temperature??? WRESTLING???? REALLY? How f*****g stupid do you think I am!!!!??? You can both f**k yourselves for f*****g each other! Consider this a breakup of both of you! I loved you, Lois, I really did, it hurts to do this, but you stabbed me in the back hard. Have a nice f*****g life, I hope he was worth losing me. And Nick, f**k you. Just f**k the f**k off you douchebag. I hope your dick shrivels and falls off and your balls explode.” Sandra says. 

     “Damn, babe that’s harsh.” Nicholas says. Sandra grabs the nearest object and throws it at his head and walks away downstairs and back out of the house. Sandra goes to Michaels house, crying. She’s laying on him on the couch. “Seriously, two betrayals in one. What is wrong with me? Why does this happen to me? Is this karma for what happened with Carl?” Sandra asks. 

     “No, it’s ok, he was just a piece of s**t. And I’m upset about Lois too, she was our friend. Look, you can’t keep blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong in your life.” 

     “But why me? I mean, there was the s**t I suffered in high school, now both my boyfriend and best friend betray me in one swift move? What did I ever do to them?” 

     “You wouldn’t put out so he got it somewhere else.” She sits up. 

     “Excuse me?” 

     “Well, think about it, why else was he banging Lois?” 

     “I guess you’re right. That’s not right, though. If he actually cared about me, he would’ve respected my wishes. And she’s a w***e.” 

     “Yeah, I wish I knew that.” 

     “What?” 

     “I’m just saying, I’d smash her into a million pieces.” 

     “Ew, Michael, are you serious?” 

     “Have you seen her tits? And she’s slender.” 

     “I can’t believe you right now.” 

     “I’m sorry, that’s not helping, is it?” 

     “NO!” 

     “Sorry.” 

     “You better be. I don’t ever want to see her again.” 

     “What, I can’t hang out with her either?” 

     “Uh, no!” 

     “Yeah, you know what? Come to think of it, I’ve been friends with her for years and she never gave me any, so yeah. F**k her.” 

     “You’re disgusting, Michael.” 

     “I’m still a guy.” 

     “Yeah, but could you tone it down around me?” 

     “Whatever.” 

     “She’s horrible, how can you still think about her like that?” 

     “Oh, I don’t care about what kind of person she is, she’s hot.” 

     “So, what if you found a good girl, but she’s ugly or something?” 

     “As long as she’s got a functioning p***y and isn’t fat, I don’t give a f**k who she is.” 

     “So how come you don’t act like that towards me?” 

     “Cause you’re not a girl to me, you’re one of the guys.” 

     “So? I have big b***s and a functioning vagina, so why don’t you want to screw me?” 

     “Cause you’re fat and I don’t do fat chicks.” 

     “Are you serious right now?” 

     “Sorry, truth hurts.” 

     “You’re an a*****e!” She storms out of the house, crying. 

  

November 24, 2006 

Dear Diary: 

     Wow, this has got to be the most fucked up day I ever had. I lost my boyfriend and best friend all in one day. I went to Lois’ house to hang out, and when I get there, my boyfriend is inside of her, no protection, anally and they have the gall to lie to my face what they were doing when I clearly saw what was going on. I can’t believe that they actually thought I was going to believe that s**t. I ended it for both of them right there. To be honest, I’m not that torn up over Nicholas, it shows what kind of man he really is, at least it made sense when he said it wouldn’t be a problem that we wouldn’t have sex. But Lois is so much harder for me to deal with, we’ve been best friends since fourth or fifth grade. Guess Michael is my only friend now, and that kind of depresses me a little bit. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind Michael, I think he’s a cool guy, but he’s just not my favorite friend, I don’t know, I can’t put my finger on it. This was totally unexpected, I’m still in shock. Well, whatever then, guess I just learned that anyone can be a s****y human being. The fucked up part was, after I left the room and closed the door, they went right back at it. Unbelievable! I guess it doesn’t matter to them how much they hurt people, as long as they get what they want. You think you know someone… ten years of friendship, and just like that, it’s in the garbage like it was nothing. I told Michael what happened, and he wants to bang her, so he might still wanna be friends with her… I don’t know, it’s all confusing. No matter what though, I’m done with that b***h, that was awful. Michael wasn’t as much help as I thought he would be, he kept going on about how he’s jealous he didn’t get to bang Lois too. Really? After what I just went through, that’s his answer? That wasn’t comforting, that was disturbing. It’s exactly like I told Charlie, my friends aren’t the same people I knew, they’re becoming horrible. I mean, sure, Michael hasn’t done anything wrong to me yet, but I’m done with Lois. I’m going to stay mad at Michael for a couple of weeks though, he needs to know what he did and if he asks, I’m going to tell him. I didn’t need that from him, especially after what happened. I always try to see the good in people, and sometimes I can’t find any. My worst fear was confirmed, with the person I least expected, my best friend. Well, life goes on, hopefully I can find new friends soon 

          



© 2019 Scorpious Alpha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on October 22, 2017
Last Updated on March 10, 2019


Author

Scorpious Alpha
Scorpious Alpha

Somewherein, PA



About
I'm a drama writer (who doesn't love drama?) I'm currently working on a series, Imperfect Perfection, have another two series, Parasitic Psychosis, and Unbalanced Electrical Storm finished. Hope you l.. more..

Writing