Epilogue: Imperfect Perfection

Epilogue: Imperfect Perfection

A Chapter by Scorpious Alpha

Epilogue: Imperfect Perfection

A Couple Months Later

     One morning, we woke up to shots fired. S**t always happens in the morning, I guess that would be the best time for them to strike considering most of the unit, including me, was sleeping. We all scrambled out of bed and got geared up. A couple people were down by the time we got outside. “I gots your back!” Johan yells to me.

     “Finally, some action!” Leo says as he starts shooting the enemy. I may not like it, but at least he gets the job done. Bullets are flying, s**t’s blowing up, and I hear a bang behind me. I turn around to see the crumpled body of an Iraqi with a bullet in his head. I turn around, and see Francois waving at me. I get right back into the action, and start shooting. I take cover as the fire intensifies. It’s been awhile since I was in a combat situation.

     “Johan! Leo!” I shout from the wall.

     “Ja?”

     “Yeah?”

     “Over here!” I motion towards them. They spot me and rush over. I go back to hiding and they catch up. “You wanted action, Leo, you happy now?”

     “Extremely.”

     “You ams crazy.” Johan says.

     “Nope, just doing my job.” Leo’s probably got more kills than anyone else here, but he’s also reckless with it. I see Stec, Eddie, Sean and Tyler either getting cover, or getting shot at. I see more people drop and it makes me sick to my stomach. I kill a few more people before our position is compromised. We rush and find new cover.

     “Aren’t you even the tiniest bit afraid you’re going to die today?” I ask.

     “Not at all, I’m taking these fuckers with me!” He says as he kills another. I managed to kill a few more too, they were everywhere. I was convinced none of us were getting out of there alive.

     “DIE!!! DIE!!!” Leo says as he shoots them. He gets way too into it. I see bodies drop in front of me and it takes me a second to remember Francois is behind us picking them off. Damn, that guy is good.

     “F**k, I’m out of ammo.”

     “Me toos.” Johan says.

     “Let’s go.” Leo says. We rush to the supply crate and manage to reload before we’re discovered. Leo takes the first few shots. Johan takes the other side and we rush out, trying to find adequate cover. We reach it, and get our backs to the wall.

     “It’s been an honor serving with you guys.” I say.

     “I am honored as well.” Johan says.

     “You say that like we’re already done for.” Leo says.

     “Just in case we are.” I say.

     “Nah, we’ll get through this, we always do.”

     “You ams right.” Johan says.

     “Alright, let’s split up and finish these b******s off! See you at the celebration and mourning when we’re finished!” We do a triple fist bump and separate. I don’t know about the other two, but I didn’t have many enemies in my way. As I pick up my gun to shoot the enemy in front of me, I see him turn around and run. I shoot him anyway, one more left alive is one more that can kill us. I hear the cease fire call, and I head to the tent.

     “Alright, good job out there today guys, we managed to hold them off, they retreated.” Kait tells us. “Alpha, Stec, you and the doctor will be checking bodies for survivors. Honey, Lutz, you start bringing back the dead. Everyone else help repair our station. Cougle will be overseeing cleanup while I start making the list of the dead.”

     “Yes sir.” Everyone says at once. I start checking out the bodies, but nobody was alive yet. And then I saw him lying there, dead. My best friend was gone forever and there was nothing I could do about it.

     “Johan! Johan!” I said as I rushed up to him. I picked up his limp body and started to cry.

To Be Continued…



© 2019 Scorpious Alpha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on October 28, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2019


Author

Scorpious Alpha
Scorpious Alpha

Somewherein, PA



About
I'm a drama writer (who doesn't love drama?) I'm currently working on a series, Imperfect Perfection, have another two series, Parasitic Psychosis, and Unbalanced Electrical Storm finished. Hope you l.. more..

Writing