One Way Only

One Way Only

A Story by Kana Renee
"

The questions of a traveling soul

"

Often in life I wonder if I have gone wrong. As if I was the traveler coming upon the Frost intersection where “One road was not taken.” The original tale reads that the man “took the one less traveled by,” which is what I had believed to have done. In the end a moral was prevailed that “made all the difference.”

 

 Could that have been where I went wrong? Wrong road, do not enter, one way only? Were those signs streaming the road as I carelessly drove? The attention I payed to them was little, less than minuet. In fact, I should have realized that the road was less traveled due to some affliction beyond it’s control. Perhaps, it had too many potholes or an outrageous road kill count. Maybe, it was jammed full of loneliness; bubbling tar day after day anticipating the arrival of the traveler with the ability of change. To make it more than it’s less traveled self.

  But, now the question lies, as firm as death itself, since this is the path I have chosen, shall the desolate be anticipating me? I feel fate pressing on to the next intersection like children scuffling in a candy line and boldness comes over me with maddening inquiries:

 Was indeed the less traveled road for me or a one way only I did not see?

 

© 2008 Kana Renee


Author's Note

Kana Renee
Help out with the grammer if it is needed. The point was my main goal:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Indeed, this is an intriguing and entertaining perspective on life's choices. I tend to believe it is not so much the roads we travel (for often we are not even in the driver's seat) but the imprints we leave behind as we go that make the difference. Do we passively watch the blur of life fly by us, or do we slow down, filling the potholes and trimming the branches that hide the warning signs? What you have created here is a very thought-provoking discussion opener. There are so many questions, and so many ways to answer them. I would enjoy listening to a battle of the minds on this piece, although I have no trouble imagining that very few people would ever come to an agreement about any of what would be said. I will, however take this to my spouse and enjoy the evening of intelligent adult conversation it stimulates, so thank you for sharing it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Honestly, it started out very strong, very captivating and moving. Yet, the more I read, the more lost I became. I suddenly found myself in a jungle where there was no sense of direction. With a little more work, a little more descriptive prose, the more solid this writing piece will become. There is a good foundation here, especially your opening line. IMHO, it seems that it became more redundiate in saying the same thing in many different ways.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a very thought provoking write. I might have added a comma after "... bubbling tar" but on the subject of the though and the message, about the only thing I'd have included, is the fact that the next fork in the road is never very far away.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2008

Author

Kana Renee
Kana Renee

Knoxville, TN



About
I live to write and write to breathe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..