What Color Would You Paint the Sky?

What Color Would You Paint the Sky?

A Poem by realmwriter

  One can paint the sky with words, isn't a picture worth a thousand of them?

 

If love was blue then it would match the sky above and be carried to our hearts on the wings of doves.

 

If love was green then it would look like the grass and crickets would sing its praises all night long.

 

If Love was yellow then it would be the sun. So intense and warm, so bright and full of joy, it would shine down on us like a big fuzzy blanket. 

 

If love was a color, like blue, or green, or yellow, then we wouldn't need a paint brush to paint what is above us. We would use the love we all share between us to paint the sky.

 

Alas, love is red, crimson red, a bleeding at our feet, we pour all we have of it out and receive nothing in return.

 

Love is purple like the pain, we feel in the rain as it hits us, angry that it's not returned, and saddened by being cold and wet.

 

Love is like rust, we do everything we know to remove it, but we are powerless to stop its spread, it cuts like a jagged knifes edge, a wound slow to heal.

 

Love is clear like the waters of a crystal lake, yet we can't see through it to the damage it can do if it's not reflected back at us.

 

Love is black, like the coal we let gather at our feet, like our hardening hearts, to afraid to feel what would surely overwhelm our criticizing souls.

 

If love was a color then we could use it to paint what is above us, so what color would you paint the sky?

© 2011 realmwriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem gets stronger as it builds and realism replaces the idealism of the first few lines. I esp from 'Love is like rust...' to the end. And the question invites engagement. I suppose the answer to the question might be all of the above, in a sort of impressionistic pointilism.

Posted 11 Years Ago


My two favourite lines:
If love was blue then it would match the sky above and be carried to our hearts on the wings of doves.
And...
Love is purple like the pain, we feel in the rain as it hits us
You're so inspirational and just make me want to write... thanks for uploading!


Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a poetic eye that is willing to share...
If I could Paint the Sky I would display it white like clouds that give us infinite sight...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved it....very creative idea, absolutely wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was well penned " If love was a color, then we could use it to paint what is below us so what color would you paint the sky?" Loved it..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful write like how you pose the question and so true for each of us different colours of the hue for love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"We would use the love we all share between us to paint the sky." Beautiful poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So beautiful! Wonderful poem!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem is wonderfully original,interesting,and entertaining to read. Remember though that rain also nurishes and cleanses :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'd paint it all colours of the rainbow,
Such vibrant wonderful colours aglow
In the form of little droplets falling from the sky
Showering love peace and happiness as the world goes by
Similar to the colours you have beautifully penned
I liked your question, got me thinking, what a godsend

Thanks for sharing :O)


Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1173 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011

Author

realmwriter
realmwriter

Harrison, AR



About
You know, I can write about almost any subject, in poetic form and even an ocasional short story, but I find it most difficult to write about myself. I am an artist at heart and will use whatever m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Osmosis Osmosis

A Poem by Muse