for lack of a proper title

for lack of a proper title

A Story by Stephen Churchill
"

streaming thoughts are open wounds still bleeding

"

There’s something to be said for Providence.


Not the city or term in reference to wine and vintner authenticity, though the second definition is closer to my point.


But in the sense of the true value of something in reference to its original, and original meaning rightful, place as compared to the relative value of the same thing in other places or circumstances.


However simpler or greater the logistical benefits or losses elsewhere, the value of something is always greater in its rightful, fated place.


Since coming into the knowledge of this concept, I’ve made it my point to find the providence in my own life.


So much easier said than done.


Should I stay or should I go? Should I jump the gun and follow the paycheck or chase the dream and pay my dues?


These are the questions I’ve spent weeks asking myself. Answers plenty, but still I found myself unsure.


Who knew what would happen next?


It was another sunny afternoon and I was just walking to the sound of my favorite tune. Tomorrow never knows what it doesn’t know too soon.


Now I need a little time to wake up.


The providence, it seems, is to get back in touch with my roots before planting any of my own, get back to knowing myself and where I’ve come from before I run too fast, too far to remember. The providence in my life is in finally accepting the role I was born to play, if only characteristically for now.

So this one’s for you. Though we weren’t nearly as close as we could have or maybe should have been, you were always connected through connection. I came from her, she came from you.


Connection by connection.


Providence sighted, I’m on my way.


I’ll chase after my dreams and wherever I land, I know I’ll meet you again someday, somewhere along the way.


For now, rest in peace.

© 2010 Stephen Churchill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on September 28, 2010
Last Updated on September 28, 2010

Author

Stephen Churchill
Stephen Churchill

Boston, MA



About
You can learn more about me and my projects at stephenchurchill.com and stephenchurchill.blogspot.com ...but here goes nothing... I'm 24 years old and from New England. I've been working on the rev.. more..

Writing