Regal moon

Regal moon

A Story by Sean
"

Just a short story or scene I came up with to amuse a couple of classmates.

"

*Meanders through the street lamps that pour forth a dim pale yellowish light onto the dark asphalt below, humming a tune softly to himself, staring into the cloudy heavens above*

 

"Are you lonesome tonight, Do you miss me tonight?"

 

*Swaying to the rhythm of the music, he hums the tune raggedly, breathing snatches of the song with a trembling voice, reaching out with his hand to stroke the air tenderly, his eyes brimming with unshed tears. His hand pauses midway, as his face contorts in agony, staring into the dark night ahead, with a languishing cry he allows his hand to droop to his side. Turning to regard the regal moon above, he croaks a single syllable to the mistress of the night*

 

"Why?"

 

*Upon that dark velvet sky, amidst the stars in their merry making, sat the cold imperious lady of the night. Her face a pale halo, with a mocking grin of a crescent, she remained mute to the pleas of the shuddering man below. Stifling a sob, he threw a hateful last glance over his shoulder at the impassive figure in the heavens above.  Lowering his head, with a tear streaming down his face, he staggered over to a street lamp, slumping against the cold surface, he whispered hoarsely *

 

“I said that I liked feeling blue, but I hadn't met you.”

© 2012 Sean


Author's Note

Sean
The *...* stands for narration. Originally adapted from my days of RPG (Role playing game) I use it now to tell my story, as a form of narration to animate the characters.

The "..." stands for dialouge, but spoken from the character's point of view.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on January 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2012

Author

Sean
Sean

Singapore, Singapore



About
There's not much to say really. I'm 23 years old, 1.78m tall, and of a slender build. I live, I ponder, I read, and I write. Not so much different from the rest of you. I'm from Singapore, and for.. more..

Writing
A Wish A Wish

A Poem by Sean


Morose Morose

A Story by Sean


Serendipity Serendipity

A Poem by Sean