6. Cassie

6. Cassie

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes

I held the test in my hands, not believing what i was seeing. Cassie laid on my bed silent as she stared off into the bleak cold world. I could either have Logan in here and have Cassie tell him, or i could help her, talk to her to see what she wanted to do. I sat on the bed with her rubbing her back. 
"Cassie? what would you like me to do?" i asked her, 
"i don't know what to do. How in the world do i know what i want you to do for me? i guess Logan needs to know. i can't keep walking around here getting bigger and bigger and he not know." she glared at me. 
i nodded and got up from the bed, clenching my hand with the test in it as i went out to the hall way. Logan was on the phone with Kylie so i waited for him to get off. 
"sorry about that. so what is going on?" he asked me and i showed him the test
"Cassie is pregnant. we need to figure out what to do to help her Logan." i felt so bad for  her, im sure she had plans for her life besides being pimped out and pregnant. 
"She's what?" he asked as he stared at the test. His face was twisted, angry, pitiful, and sad. "her father has to know. why don't you go back in there, see if you can talk to her i will be back in a little bit. If you need me ill be in my office." He told me and walked away. i stood at the door thinking to myself. how would have handled this at Cassie's age? being in a situation like she was. i opened the door and she was asleep on my bed. I pulled out a blanket for her and covered her up and sat out on the balcony with a blanket wrapped around my self because it was a bit cold out this afternoon. 
I was lost in thought and never heard Cassie get up but she had come out and sat down next to me. I looked over at her and gave a friendly smile
"Hey. i'm sorry i uh.. fell asleep on your bed." Cassie tried to appoligize for sleeping on my bed and i laughed
"Cassie you dont have to tell me you are sorry. how did you sleep?" i asked her as i handed her some of my blanket to cover up with. 
"Ok i guess. Look i dont have any friends here or in the real world and the only real family i have is here and my father which i havent really gotten to see much since he brought me here. I think its time i try to open up to some one." she turned her head to me and bent it to the side to get a better look at me. i turned to look at her and smiled 
"Do you want to talk?" i asked her not wanting to push it on her in case she wasn't ready yet. 
"i wouldnt have the faintest idea as where to start. My life has always been hell. My father is the only good thing in it right now. I lived with my mother since i was 5 years old. that was a huge mistake on my fathers end. My mother started dating this guy and he was into coke and got my mother hooked. at the age of seven i was her trade for guys to give her coke. You have no idea what its like to be so small and have some huge guy inside of you, there is nothing you can do about it either. It went on like that for 5 years until i ran away from home and ended up on the streets. Thats how i met my ex-pimp. i played his game for a while then when i tried to run away from him this last time he about killed me, gang raped me and beat me so bad and left me in an ally to die. I still dont know how Logan came upon me that night three months ago but i am sure glad he did." she looked away and i could feel the anger build inside of me. I placed my hand on her arm waiting for her to look at me again 
"Cassie? do you want to keep this baby?" i asked her and she shook her head with "No" and its all she had to do. I knew Logan would never make her keep the child, and i wasnt sure about her father but how could a man make some one have a rapist's child. it was sick and wrong. 
"How old are you Rika?" she asked and i just looked at her, how old was I? i hadnt celebrated a birthday in so long i had forgotten. 
"22. why do you ask?" i raised my eye brow at her but Logan walked into my room and knocked gently on the glass doors. 
"sorry to ruin your moment but can i talk to Cassie for a moment alone please?" He asked and i nodded and stood up. "ill just be down in the kitchen." i told them and left. 
I had been curious about the kitchen since i had never really been in there so i went in there and this time no one was in there so i started to get myself something to eat. I got out some roast beef, white bread, cheese and stuck it together, put it on the frying pan and sat down to eat it. Melted roast beef sandwiches were my favorite. I was almost done eating when Logan came in and found me.
"hey. everything ok?" i asked him as he came and sat with me. 
"Cassie said she doesnt want to keep the baby and her father is on the way to come get her. I just dont know what to do for her. i feel helpless and upset. i can't just go after the guy who did this you know?"
"i know that she told me what happened Logan. there isnt much you cant do. Just be there for her as much as you can. she needs friends and family right now more then you know." i explained as i started to eat my food again. 
"it's all i have wanted to do Rika. I guess i just dont know what  to do or how to act around the two of you. i have never been around the things you have. havent ever been abused or made to do anything like the two of you so im having a hard time understanding what i am suppose to be doing for you guys." he let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Logan. you dont have to do anything special for us. you are doing just fine.  It's going to take a lot of healing for the two of us. it wont be easy, and its going to be extreamly nasty." i warned him and pushed the plate of food away. 
"I will be here through everything you go through. i promise that to you Rika." Logan reached across the table and held my hand. i looked deep into his eyes seeing the love and care in them. 


© 2011 Misty Blue Eyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
Cute, the ending. and sweet. i liked this chapter; it's interesting. i feel sorry for cassie. and rika is only 22?!! o.o i figured she was like 30 or in her later twenties. o.O but okay...

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very strong chapter. Seeing other people problems can lesson your. A lot of event that will need answers and some TLC.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


If I Cassie, I wouldn't start off saying that I was going to open up, I would just do it. That way it's not repetative and a little too narrative. The narrative shouldn't be in the dialogue too, is all I'm suggesting. And also, if someone says they're going to open up, it's kind of already implied they want to talk. Also, when using the words then and than, here's a little thing I learned to use them correctly: than is when things are being compared and then is what's happening next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


***************************************************************** All Stars **************************

I do have a question at this point and it kind of challenged me, in a way?
I had a short go round with a very good and educated writer. Felt, finally. Some one that will critique me, in the end they couldn't. Her education couldn't let her see beyond my punctuation errors. To say a novelizing has rules that must be followed.

Do they? Yep, if you wanna be published big time an famous.

Should I tell you, different colors of script is ah no no!
Maybe for you to say, "jump in the river, Ro... an ro ro ro yr boat!" ;(
Should I tell you to always capital yr i's.

What if this a blast, an ya love doing just so. I wrote you before. Hey knock yourself out! So, the question finally... an I think, its a neat one. "Are your chapters color coded, to represent the spectrum of the moods of your main character?

I like the back ground story so far, it has somethings going on behind it in the unsaid as well. Like intimated and you'll get around, to bringing them out. I believe before all the formatting, structure, rules, vowels, phrasing... all the things writers get educated for. First you must be a story teller. Whether that round a fire, at the kitchen table, visiting with Mable... was Mable wanting to know what was going to happen next?

The rest I'm going to post private... it's cool, and your doing it.
Being creative! To keep writing is to learn, to grow.
Write On / Right On! Romon in Review... Go Girl, peace.

************************************************************************Colorful Writing ;) **********


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2011


Author

Misty Blue Eyes
Misty Blue Eyes

denver, CO



About
I have a book called Caged and im working on it every day maybe one day i can get it published Googleskins.net - Cool Google Skins I write likeAnnie RiceI Write Like by Mémoires, jou.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


2 2

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


3 3

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..