A Creature of the Night

A Creature of the Night

A Story by Sean H.
"

A girl is being hunted by something unknown in the forest.

"

                Something was lurking out there in the forest. I heard it moving, leaves rustling and crunching. Holding tight to my flashlight, I turned, following the sound. The light beamed into the darkness but I saw nothing.

                The tall, bare trees stood, obstructing my view. Then the leaves in front of me flew into the air, there was a blur and a gust of wind.

                I tried to call out into the forest, but my voice wouldn’t come. I was too scared. My entire body trembled. Each breath quickened.

                The rustling of the leaves stopped. Still holding the light, I didn’t dare take a single step. It was still out there. It had to be. The sound returned, slower this time, steady steps. One after another came crunches of leaves. I tried turning to see what it was but I couldn’t will my body to move. I felt paralyzed.

                The crunches slowed, then came to a stop. Silence.

                Something touched my shoulder. I whirled around to find myself face to face with a man, tall, pale and muscular. The edges of his mouth were stained red.

                He plunged towards my throat. All warmth was sucked from my body…

© 2012 Sean H.


Author's Note

Sean H.
I wrote this in about 15 minutes in the middle of class. Probably not the best thing I have written, but I figured I would upload it anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on December 13, 2012

Author

Sean H.
Sean H.

About
Hey, I'm Sean. I am 14. I love fantasy, crime, and horror novels. Among my favorite authors are Stephen King, Tom Clancy, and Terry Goodkind. more..

Writing
Trenched Trenched

A Story by Sean H.


Breakout Breakout

A Book by Sean H.


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sean H.