generation tinder

generation tinder

A Story by sedulous_mind

The older I get, though, and I'm still a young fellow, the more I lose faith in men. Not only do I hear from friends and colleagues what bizarre stories they experience, but I have also had to undergo many unpleasant situations myself. Often these are ordinary things, like dubious offers from taken men, unwanted physical contact, or men who don't want to accept a no. Sometimes the stories are even more bizarre.

Just recently, I had an appointment with a real estate agent to see an apartment. The said real estate agent let me drive to his office for an hour just to inform me that the apartment was already taken. He lured me into his car and showed me another apartment. He apologized several times for the inconvenience in his office and took my contact information for further property visits. We chatted a little, found out that we had mutual friends, and it turned out that he owns most of the real estate, owns a small horse stable where his children ride, and that he is the director of a fancy castle hotel. As compensation, he offered to refund my travel expenses and invited me to his hotel for a fancy dinner. I politely denied both. Later he sent a message via Whatsapp and apologized again, to which I replied politely but in a formal way. By the way, he texted me using his private number, which was irritating. Later that evening, he asked me for a dinner invitation in the town where I live. I suspect that this real estate agent and father of two will no longer help me find an apartment.

Then there was this man from the equestrian stable, who unfortunately is a hopeless case and an everlasting virgin. He followed me for one year, tinkered (yes, tinkered!) gifts for me, and always looked at me with puppy eyes. After he had tried for so long and gathered all his courage to invite me for ice cream, I agreed with great hesitation to have some ice cream together. Thinking I would not die from an ice cream, I offered him a timeframe just before our riding lesson and appeared in riding clothes. I even paid for the ice cream before he could take out his wallet just to make clear that this was not a date. Sometimes I am just too nice; I just felt sorry that such a nice guy only gets rejections. Unfortunately, he was so nervous that he fainted, threw up, and I had to perform first aid. A terribly unpleasant situation for both sides. As an apology, he gave me another handcrafted gift, and I politely took him aside and explained to him that to me, it was only a friendship and that I prefer older men anyway. But the young man didn't want to accept this and made everything worse, wrote the strangest things, and made the strangest remarks about me and other women who he could all have. Very odd. I thought he was the kindest man on earth, who, unfortunately, would never gain experience. But like they say; still waters run deep.

And then there was this one guy I actually had a date with. My first and only date in a year. It should be noted that I only let it come to a date when I'm pretty sure about that man. I had met him on a vacation 9 years ago when we have washed off a cliff together with his brother and another girl, and we were seriously injured. Back then, we already liked each other, but more than texting and sitting next to each other on the couch never happened because we were both young, sweet, and innocent. Well, today he's probably not so innocent anymore, so much be forewarned. It was the first time we saw each other in nine years. At no time was it ever weird, and we got along just as well as before. Usually I'm very careful, but I thought I could give him a little extra trust. Who would fool someone you'd had an accident with and spent quite some time with? It just went too well, he had traveled 2 1/2 hours by train to meet me, and I showed him around the city and he met my dog at my apartment as well. We had some wine and a nice dinner, and everything went faster than expected, as we held hands, cuddled, he caressed my face and all the things you don't do on a one-night stand. The next date, I went to see him. It was like a dream date, we went on a bike ride, he showed me the city, the university looking like a castle, he invited me for dinner, and we had a picnic at a beautiful lake. It was a pretty perfect day that ended in his apartment. In his apartment, I paused for a moment and told him that I did not want to be hurt, and he promised me everything a woman would like to hear. But something made me doubt him when we were texting. I had a bad feeling, and I am just too smart to be fooled, so most of the time, I am right with my feelings. So I created a fake tinder account, and it didn't take me a minute to find his account. A day later, we matched, and he instantly texted me or my fake account. I (the fake account) asked him what he was looking for, and he answered he was looking for something casual, not too seriously. Which by the way, he told me quite the opposite before. He wanted to continue texting on his mobile phone, and a good friend of mine agreed to text with him, as he already had my phone number. It did not take 20(!) minutes, and he had arranged a sex date with the fake account. Ironically, he simultaneously texted me (not my fake account) and asked when we would see each again. He would only study for university today and would be very excited to see me this weekend. He also assured me that he was only seeing me and no other woman. In order to confront him, my friend and I thought of an address to which he would ride his bike for a while. I drove there by car for an hour and confronted him where he was supposed to have the sex date (with the fake tinder account). It was very unpleasant for him, and he also apologized, as he is, in fact, rather one of those persons with good values and behavior. I remained very polite and pointed out to him that such action can hurt and that I prefer the truth. I told him that you don't sleep with women who are not interested in something casual and who you have known for a long time. I'm just upset with myself. I'm usually so careful, and I hardly let anyone close to me. From the very beginning, I had concerns as I normally do not get involved with men of the same age. I prefer more mature men who know what they want.

...Well, another experience that has shown you that you better stay away from the tinder generation.

© 2021 sedulous_mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on August 22, 2020
Last Updated on March 7, 2021
Tags: notoldschool, butIloveoldschool, generation, tinder, dating